• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

MechDX

Mech do you really want Mallet? I know you're a Patriots fan but...

After Carr and Schaub? Sure why not. For a 4th or lower I would take a flyer on him.

Who would know him better than O Brien and Godsey? If those connections were not there I would not though.

lulz, yes, clearly the reason Packers fans are annoyed the vikings got the 2nd best QB in the division is that we're true-purple Vikings homers.

Or maybe it's the fact that Stafford is bad and Cutler is adorably harmless

Matt Staffords Career rating is 83.1

Cutlers is 84.6

What is Teddy B's NFL career rating?

Oh wait.

He is 2nd best at absolutely nothing in the NFL right now. Stop, please, just stop.

Brandon Graham, yes. He couldn't make the transition to OLB, so I expect he will be traded sometime in the near future. He could be a great pickup for a team in need of a 4-3 DE.

Curry will stay on as one of our rotational 3-4 DEs.

Graham has $3.5m dead money this year, but only $1.7m the following year. It wouldnt shock me to much to see them hold onto him for one more season. He has looked really good before when healthy, maybe they give him one more camp to see if he can learn to cover.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Look at this guy. Just look at him!

shazier-running.jpg

gutshot

Graham has $3.5m dead money this year, but only $1.7m the following year. It wouldnt shock me to much to see them hold onto him for one more season. He has looked really good before when healthy, maybe they give him one more camp to see if he can learn to cover.

Yeah, if they can't find a trade partner, they will likely keep him since they'd save nothing by cutting him. I think they should be able to find someone to give them a 4th or 5th rounder for him though.

Matt Staffords Career rating is 83.1

Cutlers is 84.6

What is Teddy B's NFL career rating?

Oh wait.

He is 2nd best at absolutely nothing in the NFL right now. Stop, please, just stop.
What was Luck's career rating when he was drafted?

He was better than Stafford from the first snap.

PS: since you're citing qb rating, does that mean you think Rodgers is the GOAT?

PPS: I'm not saying he's pro bowl caliber (yet), just that he scares me more than stafford

What has Stafford done outside of one epic year? He has been solid for some seasons and mediocre for others including last year. I don't care how many TDs or yards he had last year, that comes with the territory of having the best WR on the planet on your team. Many of his yards are in garbage time after the game is over, and most come after the catch. How many times does he hit someone in stride? Usually his completions are slants to Calvin or hitting a wide open receiver in stationary position.

We keep getting him new toys to overthrow, but they're big enough so they can jump for it. If he can't put together an all pro year this season we should find another QB. There are no more excuses for this guy. I can just imagine certain fans saying "but we didn't draft a WR in the second round, Stafford just didn't have enough weapons to win 9 games" at the end of this season.

8 wins at the max, no playoffs. Write it down.

Tom Penny

Well I was throwing that out as a best case scenario but still, that's just sad. I think the Texans are a 10-12 win team with an above average QB. Mallett has done nothing to suggest he is above average.

There is zero chance Mallet isn't better than a rookie they will be drafting playing in a system he already knows along with the coach unless you think there are franchise QB's left in the draft.

Is that their total QBR because that's what really matters.

The NFL doesn't use ESPN's silly measurement. I'll go by the tried and true.

Even still rating is ancillary to my point.

I'll state is as succinctly as I can, ready?

Teddy B hasn't played a down in the NFL. He is thus unproven potential. Saying he is the 2nd best of anything in the NFC North is purely opinion and not statistical fact.

I'm ok with people having that opinion. But it's a completely baseless opinion to anybody with a shred of respect for the NFL game and how difficult it is to be a franchise caliber QB.

Saying some rook who hasn't taken an NFL snap is better than NFL veterans with well over a decade of experience between them as starting QB's in the league is silly talk.

Your opinions of Stafford and Cutler are noted, but by nature of having won games in this league and been to the playoffs I'm pretty sure every single player in the NFL would take those guys over an proven rook if given the chance.

Turns out Houston was never very enamored with him. Not gonna worry about what ifs. O Brien has a plan and Im with it
Houston would've drafted Teddy. Or at least, the Vikings were sure enough to trade up to #32.

Carr wouldn't be a bad choice. Think of the karmic cleansing if he pans out!

MechDX

Houston would've drafted Teddy. Or at least, the Vikings were sure enough to trade up to #32.

The front office wont be effected by what fans think but Carr would be put in a really damn tough position. You thought they were tough on Schaub? First time Carr runs our of bounds, throws an INT, etc...they would eat him alive.

I'd take Carr over Mallett in a heartbeat.

The barrier is low for them. I can see them winning more than 2 games.
I can't figure out what you Texans fans want from your team, haha. Last year I had them winning the SB in preseason and I guess I still kind of feel like they are a good team held back by a few key weaknesses. Maybe a fresh coach will help with that enough to surprise people but I just don't see it happening with any of the QB's on the roster or Mallett.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

The Vikings traded up for Teddy because you get an extra cheap year on rookie contracts for first rounders. And to beat out the Texans. Eat it, Mech.

The NFL doesn't use ESPN's silly measurement. I'll go by the tried and true.

Even still rating is ancillary to my point.

I'll state is as succinctly as I can, ready?

Teddy B hasn't played a down in the NFL. He is thus unproven potential. Saying he is the 2nd best of anything in the NFC North is purely opinion and not statistical fact.

I'm ok with people having that opinion. But it's a completely baseless opinion to anybody with a shred of respect for the NFL game and how difficult it is to be a franchise caliber QB.

Saying some rook who hasn't taken an NFL snap is better than NFL veterans with well over a decade of experience between them as starting QB's in the league is silly talk.

Your opinions of Stafford and Cutler are noted, but by nature of having won games in this league and been to the playoffs I'm pretty sure every single player in the NFL would take those guys over an proven rook if given the chance.

Every team would have taken Stafford and Cutler over guys like Luck when he was drafted? You do realize that all QBs where unproven rookies at some point in time. Cutler and Stafford are both below average NFL QBs. They can win you some games, and but up decent numbers doing it but neither are going to win you a SB. I think lots of teams would have dumped either guy for a player like Luck.

So you're saying they would probably go places with a rookie QB from this draft? Based on what.
I think the probabilities are much higher with a guy like Bridgewater or even Manziel than with what they've got now or Mallett. They aren't the Jags, they have a decent amount of talent in place already. Obviously there is a lot of speculation involved with that opinion though so I can see why someone would disagree.

Crisco

Banned
It' hard to believe that this was Gettleman's plan all along due to the unlikelihood of Benjamin still being there at 28, but it really puts the rest of the off-season moves in perspective. Our WR core is very solid now, assuming Benjamin at least contributes as a red zone threat. Moving the ball between the 20s will be decided more by the offensive line help we get and Cam continuing to improve as a passer. What do you think Panthers fans, Purifoy if he falls to us in the second or a tackle?

Bread

Banned
I blame bread for this
i blame you for this you florida heathen. teddy>bortles you biiiiiiiiiiiiitch

I hope bread is alive. I was worried about him after we drafted a defensive lineman. I hope he understands it's a good pick with how much we got run all over last year.
vince and jerod will be back, we'll be fine. we need toms replacement drafted, and we could have had teddy fuckin bridgewater. it's a miracle i woke up for my exam this morning after drinking myself to sleep.

Top Bottom