• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Bowser

At Carolina there used to be this pizza joint called Peppers on Franklin St (sadly shut down last year I believe). They had this amazing pizza called the Bermuda Triangle - Pineapples, Jalapenos and Feta Cheese. So damn good.

jbug617

Banned
As a lifelong Cleveland Browns fan, it might be time to change my name to 'Dutch Brown'

Bill has failed us. Give him another chance. Do it for Gronk

tumblr_mcmh8wgKXu1qbgux2o2_250.gif

Konka

Banned
At Carolina there used to be this pizza joint called Peppers on Franklin St (sadly shut down last year I believe). They had this amazing pizza called the Bermuda Triangle - Pineapples, Jalapenos and Feta Cheese. So damn good.

My man.

Good move Cleveland.

When is the last time anyone outside of Cleveland was interested in the Browns.

I hope it works out for them and they can become a solid 2nd best team in the division behind the Steelers and resurrect the old rivalry.

The more I think about it I am sure Johnny is going to do something to really shit on the Steelers and he is the perfect guy to make this a rivalry with the Steelers and Ravens. All he has to do besides being a douche is win.
Home opener is already gonna be huge, but if he starts..... it'll be crazy

I am surprised by this because you usually have impeccable taste in everything.

But no you are wrong.

Most pizza places seem to use mushrooms pulled out of disgusting can, but if you get fresh veggies and mushrooms they are awesome. I can eat that shit plain.
I am only human, bionic!

The only time I really like mushrooms (at least the ones I've had) is when they are grilled and stuffed with a bunch of delicious fillings.

Stuffed_Mushrooms.jpg

Like that!

Whenever I've had them on pizza they are just kind of there. You are probably right about them being much better if they are fresh and from a respectable pizza place, though.

I just don't see what the big deal is with pineapples on pizza. I mean, a lot of pizzas are made with pretty sweet sauce and the only thing pineapple really does is add a little sweetness. What's the travesty in that? Seems like a bunch of overreaction to me.

dionysus

Yaldog
Mushrooms out of a can is a big fail in any cooking. The reason being that one of the great things about cooking with the mushroom is how they absorb the flavors of the surrounding food, especially the oils and liquids.

But coming out of a can it is already saturated with that salty water or whatever they use to preserve it in so it just tastes nasty.

I am only human, bionic!

The only time I really like mushrooms (at least the ones I've had) is when they are grilled and stuffed with a bunch of delicious fillings.

Stuffed_Mushrooms.jpg

Like that!

Whenever I've had them on pizza they are just kind of there. You are probably right about them being much better if they are fresh and from a respectable pizza place, though.

I just don't see what the big deal is with pineapples on pizza. I mean, a lot of pizzas are made with pretty sweet sauce and the only thing pineapple really does is add a little sweetness. What's the travesty in that? Seems like a bunch of overreaction to me.

Damn that looks so good

Tamanon

Banned
I love that First Take is basically Skip Bayless running down the list of drafters saying "Come on, it's Johnny Football!" to judge them.

Only if Bill draft Niklas out of Notre Dame.

You have more respect for me if I ignore my Boston blood and bandwagon the soon to be Super Bowl Champs Browns ?

You dont have any Boston blood, and yes I would respect you more for turning your back on evil. Plus the Browns technically havent won the SB yet so it isnt bandwagoning.

TylerD

Could I get my Russell Bestbrook border color changed to burnt orange please?

I'm happy to join the Browns circle of shame.

edit: Oh Oh, browns helmets in his glasses would be nice too :)

But he isnt from America so it doesnt count, sorry. As much as I would like to say that my daughter has Philly blood it just isnt try, she is a damn Nevadian or how ever you say that.

Slo

My Draft Board for Pizza Toppings

1. Mushrooms
2. Olives
3. Pepperoni
4. Sausage
5. Roasted Garlic
6. Jalapenos
7. Feta or Goat Cheese
8. Fresh Basil leaves
9. Ham/Canadian Bacon
10. Chicken
Dead Last: Any fruit including pinapple.

Edit. I wouldn't combine all these ingredients on one pizza obviously.

Mushrooms at #1? At #1 you're looking for the centerpiece of your pizza. Can you really build around that? Nobody ever calls up and says "I'll take a mushroom pizza please."

The foundation of a pizza is it's meat. Mushrooms are a luxury pick in the 20s.

JABEE

But he isnt from America so it doesnt count, sorry. As much as I would like to say that my daughter has Philly blood it just isnt try, she is a damn Nevadian or how ever you say that.

I thought it was established that she was an Eagles fan. In the same way, Dutch is a Pats fan.

You can project all you want. The guys statement was pretty matter of factly that Teddy B comes in immediately as the 2nd best NFC North QB.

If you can't see how completely stupid that statement is then cool.

The undeniable matter of fact truth is that Teddy B has never stepped foot on an NFL field wearing an NFL uniform and thus anything said about him is pure projection and conjecture.

By nature of having started in the NFL for years and being considered franchise worthy for all those years by the majority instantly makes Stafford and Cutler the superior QB's.

Come back at the end of the 2014 season and we can make an actual comparison.

Anything said about Teddy B now is homeristic conjecture. Period. Full stop.
lulz, yes, clearly the reason Packers fans are annoyed the vikings got the 2nd best QB in the division is that we're true-purple Vikings homers.

Or maybe it's the fact that Stafford is bad and Cutler is adorably harmless

So what's going on with Brandon Graham and Curry? Are they effectively giving up on them?

Curry played DE last year, I am sure he will still be in the mix but Davis seems to not like/trust him so he will continue to get limited snaps. Graham cant cover at all and they say they wont play an OLB that cant drop back. Graham only played 13% of defensive snaps last year and unless he has learned to cover that wont go up. Funny that a big knock on Smith is that he cant cover either so maybe he wont play as well.

I thought it was established that she was an Eagles fan. In the same way, Dutch is a Pats fan.

She will be an Eagles fan for sure, but to say she has Philly blood when she wasnt born there and might never even visit there seems silly to me. Your blood is where you are born/grow up.

gutshot

So what's going on with Brandon Graham and Curry? Are they effectively giving up on them?

Brandon Graham, yes. He couldn't make the transition to OLB, so I expect he will be traded sometime in the near future. He could be a great pickup for a team in need of a 4-3 DE.

Curry will stay on as one of our rotational 3-4 DEs.

gutshot

Posted? The draftees walk up music:

1. Jadeveon Clowney, DE, Houston Texans
"The Man," Aloe Blacc

2. Greg Robinson, OT, St. Louis Rams
"Happy," Pharrell Williams

3. Blake Bortles, QB, Jacksonville Jaguars
"Blow Up," J. Cole

4. Sammy Watkins, WR, Buffalo Bills
"Look What You've Done," Drake

5. Khalil Mack, OLB, Oakland Raiders
"Happy," by Pharrell Williams