• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Dragon

Banned
vince and jerod will be back, we'll be fine. we need toms replacement drafted, and we could have had teddy fuckin bridgewater. it's a miracle i woke up for my exam this morning after drinking myself to sleep.

Vince is old and coming off a bad injury. Who knows what we'll get from him? We also lost one of our best run stopping linebackers too. I think it was good, not sold on Bridgewater the way you are though.

gutshot

Lots of shitty music there. Kings of Leon lolololololll

iggle.gif

Every team would have taken Stafford and Cutler over guys like Luck when he was drafted? You do realize that all QBs where unproven rookies at some point in time. Cutler and Stafford are both below average NFL QBs. They can win you some games, and but up decent numbers doing it but neither are going to win you a SB. I think lots of teams would have dumped either guy for a player like Luck.

We aren't talking about Luck. We're talking about Teddy Bridgewater.

You're using the best possible example to try and prove a point. QB's like luck are the exception, not the rule.

The front office wont be effected by what fans think but Carr would be put in a really damn tough position. You thought they were tough on Schaub? First time Carr runs our of bounds, throws an INT, etc...they would eat him alive.
OTOH, if he plays well, the guilt and remorse will make him a god.

it would be a good pick.

Greg

I think the probabilities are much higher with a guy like Bridgewater or even Manziel than with what they've got now or Mallett. They aren't the Jags, they have a decent amount of talent in place already. Obviously there is a lot of speculation involved with that opinion though so I can see why someone would disagree.
new Monuments track:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnvMe0rWI2I

new vocalist is great, guitar still groovy as ever

Vyroxis

Banned
All thos bickering about Stafford is stupid. They guy is a decent QB who had the bad luck of being stuck on the Lions. They have built the offense around covering his flaws, and his stats have thrived because of it. But be it bad coaching, bad luck, or just the fact that it's the Lions, he has been a decent QB that has suffered though several bad seasons. Could they be contenders? Of course. Will it happen? That all depends on the team. They either lack the chemistry for everything to work together, or fall apart mid season. They just need to find the right glue to keep it all working right for 16 games and they will have it.

Tom Penny

Vince is old and coming off a bad injury. Who knows what we'll get from him? We also lost one of our best run stopping linebackers too. I think it was good, not sold on Bridgewater the way you are though.

Run stopping is not important. Pass rush and stopping QB's from shredding them is. Pats don't lose games because team decided to beat them by running the ball.

Bread

Banned
id rather have a fatass like jernigan than a dude with 2 shitty knees. belichick thinks he's so much smarter taking these talented players...how has gronk done in the playoffs lately?

MechDX

Cassell Mallett will take the Chiefs Texans to the promised land.

If anyone wonders why I run with the whole "PatsSouth" thing. This situation is just like that! EXACTLY!

Look at all the recent Super Bowl champs. there is one common thing among most of them. They don't reach into the early rounds and force picks.

Day one makes hype. Day two and three make champions. ie......Patriots/Seahawks

rando14

If anyone wonders why I run with the whole "PatsSouth" thing. This situation is just like that! EXACTLY!

Look at all the recent Super Bowl champs. there is one common thing among most of them. They don't reach into the early rounds and force picks.

cosplay-bugs-bunny-creepy-toilet-friend.gif

I am willing to forgive your grievances if you repent, Mech!!

MechDX

cosplay-bugs-bunny-creepy-toilet-friend.gif

I am willing to forgive your grievances if you repent, Mech!!

90% of my shtick here is a "when in rome" scenario. I love this sport and I love my team.

Kubiak experiment failed. IMO, we have the right coach now with the right mentality.
We have a great core group of players
I wish there would have been more roster turnover(could still be coming)
Our cap situation going into next season will be great (right now we will be $26 million under this years cap!)
We did not go flashy in free agency

NFCS wide receivers include

Jimmy Graham (or whatever the hell he is)
Marques Colston
Brandin Cooks

Vincent Jackson
Mike Evans

Roddy White
Julio Jones

Time to stack up on corners and safeties

Tom Penny

id rather have a fatass like jernigan than a dude with 2 shitty knees. belichick thinks he's so much smarter taking these talented players...how has gronk done in the playoffs lately?

None of Gronks injuries were his back so I don't see your point. He didn't drop in the draft because people though he'd break his arm twice and his knee couldn't hold up from a diving helmet to the knee...

manfestival

I seriously dont get why the media is so hung up and sad that manziel didnt go to the cowboys. Seriously, get over it. I think it woulda been a bigger troll for jerry to bring manziel on board rather than the other way around.

Don't talk shit about Gronk. That can mess our friendship up real quick.

MechDX

Huge. HUGE, grain of salt needed here.

Poster on a Texans message board says Dre hasn't shown up to OTA's because he is contemplating retirement. I don't really believe that but I do feel he doesn't want to go through a rebuilding process again and may use that as leverage for a trade or release. Just not like him but I can see his frustration.

Poster on a Texans message board says Dre hasn't shown up to OTA's because he is contemplating retirement. I don't really believe that but I do feel he doesn't want to go through a rebuilding process again

Mallett for Dre straight up.

Who says no?

Not that I care since I'm a Browns fan.

Poster on a Texans message board says Dre hasn't shown up to OTA's because he is contemplating retirement. I don't really believe that but I do feel he doesn't want to go through a rebuilding process again and may use that as leverage for a trade or release. Just not like him but I can see his frustration.

Can't blame him, he's wasting his career there. Same as megatron and AP.

Narag

Send him to Indy.

Bread

Banned
Dutch i apologize i let my emotions get the best of me

it's just that teddy is a good friend of mine and it's not fair that he has to live in minnesota

Narag

hell no.

I would be good with Seattle, San Francisco, New England, Arizona, Denver and maybe New Orleans. Whatever team that gets him has my sword.

My first Texans jersey was a steel blue #80

Cleveland then. Josh Gordon and Dre catching JFF TDs.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
After Carr and Schaub? Sure why not. For a 4th or lower I would take a flyer on him.

Who would know him better than O Brien and Godsey? If those connections were not there I would not though.
then you have to ask yourself, why would you want someone that the cheatriots dont want anymore, its pretty uncharacteristic of them to get rid of players they value.

If we win 8 Ill be ecstatic.
setting the bar high, huh?

Turns out Houston was never very enamored with him. Not gonna worry about what ifs. O Brien has a plan and Im with it
dude, o'brien has done jack and shit, come on.

At least we'll have Katherine Webb around a bunch.
i thought they broke up?

how high are you right now?

MechDX

then you have to ask yourself, why would you want someone that the cheatriots dont want anymore, its pretty uncharacteristic of them to get rid of players they value.

You want to pay a back up QB for the next few years 2-3 million per to sit on the bench? Mallett is a FA after this season. Another reason why his price wont be that high

Top Bottom