• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Great post. Anyone who says Stafford hasn't proven himself as a starting NFL QB is either trolling or have no idea what they're talking about.

A bad season for Stafford, with his recovers leading the league in drops, is 29 Touchdowns and close to 5,000 yards.

I really hope we get one WR in this second round. I wouldn't mind a defensive player but we still are going to go offense in the 3rd or 2nd round.

The biggest knock on Ebron is his blocking ability. I think we were planning to draft him all along. We'll have Pettigrew blocking (which he's great at) and occasionally going out for routes while Ebron lines up as a reciever.

With Joe Lombardi as our offensive coordinator the Saints offense is a blueprint for what our offense will look like this year.

Where's your new avatar bro?

ShaneB

Tell your Dads you love them. My Father ended up in the hospital last night, looks to be OK now, and stable, but certainly scary hearing that. And considering what the book I just finished also had a strong father/son moment, it puts things in perspective, and the fact that his brother just passed away =(

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Redskins send former LB LaVar Arrington cease and desist letter for calling himself ‘Redskins great’

The Redskins threatened former linebacker LaVar Arrington with a lawsuit by sending him a cease-and-desist letter to coerce him to stop calling himself a “Redskins great” in a promotional flyer for his summer football camp, according to 106.7 The Fan in Washington.

The irony is that the Redskins named the 35-year-old Arrington one of the “80 Greatest Redskins” in a ceremony before a game in 2012.

Arrington played for Washington from 2000-05, amassing 321 tackles, 22.5 sacks, three interceptions and six forced fumbles.

VBId1Ls.png

Tell your Dads you love them. My Father ended up in the hospital last night, looks to be OK now, and stable, but certainly scary hearing that. And considering what the book I just finished also had a strong father/son moment, it puts things in perspective, and the fact that his brother just passed away =(
Dang, man, I am sorry to hear about that. Really good to hear that everything is okay now. I think about that kind of stuff a decent amount and even more now that I have a kid myself.

Damn man, that does sound scary. But it's good to hear that everything is alright.

Hoping for the best

Greg

damn, glad he's doing ok now

thoughts with you and the fam

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I really hope we get one WR in this second round. I wouldn't mind a defensive player but we still are going to go offense in the 3rd or 2nd round.

WAT

The biggest knock on Ebron is his blocking ability. I think we were planning to draft him all along. We'll have Pettigrew blocking (which he's great at) and occasionally going out for routes while Ebron lines up as a reciever.

With Joe Lombardi as our offensive coordinator the Saints offense is a blueprint for what our offense will look like this year.

I'd believe that if they didn't admit that they would have gone up at #5 to get Watkins if Buffalo hadn't taken him at 4.

I do believe they had him as elite on their list and I do believe that Lombardi had him #2 on his list. Not Mayhew's, but Lombardi's.

cdyhybrid

Pass on Bishop Sankey at your own peril, friends!

ik9aIUcOgn8ia.gif

Or perhaps your team needs a tight end? Austin Seferian-Jenkins is your guy!

iLycPzbGGT4EF.gif

He can block too! (#88)

iU1N6PpZd0AeA.gif

Deadspin looked at pre-draft scouting reports from ESPN, NFL, and CBS for 387 prospects (99 white, 288 black) and came up with a tool for comparing how often words are used for black and white players. Here are some choice examples:

intangibles_zps14a5eff8.jpg

intelligence_zpsc6e8377f.jpg

leader_zps38f66c91.jpg

Sanjuro

RIP RB's in 1st round. how many have been drafted the last 2 years?

The position just doesn't make sense in this league anymore.

They fizzle out by thirty, and you can cobble together a few backs to make up the production of one. In the process giving you a more diverse attack.

Konka

Banned
Deadspin looked at pre-draft scouting reports from ESPN, NFL, and CBS for 387 prospects (99 white, 288 black) and came up with a tool for comparing how often words are used for black and white players. Here are some choice examples:

intangibles_zps14a5eff8.jpg

intelligence_zpsc6e8377f.jpg

leader_zps38f66c91.jpg

Come on now. You're just using words that describe Johnny Football, that isn't fair.

Besides being fragile, Vick is just an awful quarterback.

Tannehill also didn't have the second season I would have hoped either.

58 sacks and a case of the dropsies by wallace had something to do with that, though I agree he still needs improvement in key areas. (Footwork/pocket presence, faster decision making)

LJ11

yeah, bills paid a heavy price to move up and get a player everyone likes/loves.

the last 13 first round draft picks during the 14 year drought amounted to what exactly for the bills? cock

the bills were dumber last year if you ask me.

Sanjuro

58 sacks and a case of the dropsies by wallace had something to do with that, though I agree he still needs improvement in key areas. (Footwork/pocket presence, faster decision making)

He just can't read defenses. That has pretty much been my only problem. In this NFL, that is pretty much the worst stigma to have as a QB, even if statistically you are moderately successful.

cdyhybrid

yeah, bills paid a heavy price to move up and get a player everyone likes/loves.

the last 13 first round draft picks during the 14 year drought amounted to what exactly for the bills? cock

At least the "EJ has no weapons" excuse is dead and buried now. You'll find out if he's the guy before you need to extend his contract.

Sanjuro

The player might work out for you guys, I just didn't think the WR position was an issue for the club.

You now are playing the game, "Can we get a team together before he bails?"

Besides being fragile, Vick is just an awful quarterback.

Tannehill also didn't have the second season I would have hoped either.
I'm a VT alum so I'm biased. <3 Vick.

Tannehill gets one more free pass because of that o-line. This is his last shot in my eyes but I still think the potential is there.

UberTag

...so...

...how stupid are the Bills on a scale from one to ten?
Would have been more stupid for them not to make a bold move this year and get their asses fired when new ownership takes over... which precedent states ALWAYS happens. Without exception.

Literally the only thing that could save the jobs of Brandon, Whaley and Marrone is to make the playoffs this season... somethng which has not happened in FIFTEEN YEARS.

Does that mean they have to mortgage next year's 1st round pick? Of course.

If the pick is meaningful (non-playoff teams equal Top 20) then none of these guys will be around to miss it. The only way they're still around is if that pick is 21 or lower. And when you think about giving up a 21 or lower pick... well, that's not so bad. Look at some of the guys that went 21 or lower yesterday from a "loaded" draft class. Dee Ford? Marcus Smith? Jimmie Ward? Multi-ACL tear Dominique Easley? Hell, the Dolphins grabbed a guy nobody else wanted until Round 3 or later at 19 in Ja'Wuan James. You know it's bad when the J-E-T-S had the best Round 1 draft in the AFC East outside of the Bills. The Jets never draft good. Pryor is good.

So is it worth giving up a player like a Ford, a Smith, a Ward, an Easley or a James to jump up and land the top receiver prospect in the draft? Under those conditions? Sure, these guys have got nothing to lose.

At least the Bills showed up for the draft. You didn't show up for the Shirtless draft and now you're stuck landing the last draft slot for the umpteenth year. I can appreciate being distracted by Bruins vs. Habs greatness but I'm surprised Dutch keeps you in the league given that lack of commitment.

LJ is right. The Bills were dumber last year. Manuel has to step up and deliver or that entire ship is sunk. But at least they're going out guns blazing. Why leave bullets unused for the new guys?

Sanjuro

At least the Bills showed up for the draft. You didn't show up for the Shirtless draft and now you're stuck landing the last draft slot for the umpteenth year. I can appreciate being distracted by Bruins vs. Habs greatness but I'm surprised Dutch keeps you in the league given that lack of commitment.

You're calling me out because you're a lesser sports fan?

:jnc

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
My Draft Board for Pizza Toppings

1. Mushrooms
2. Olives
3. Pepperoni
4. Sausage
5. Roasted Garlic
6. Jalapenos
7. Feta or Goat Cheese
8. Fresh Basil leaves
9. Ham/Canadian Bacon
10. Chicken
Dead Last: Any fruit including pinapple.

Edit. I wouldn't combine all these ingredients on one pizza obviously.
The bolded lines contradict. Behold the intellectual bankruptcy of pineapple haters.

Top Bottom