• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Fox318

8kxPYiB.png

Tell your Dads you love them. My Father ended up in the hospital last night, looks to be OK now, and stable, but certainly scary hearing that. And considering what the book I just finished also had a strong father/son moment, it puts things in perspective, and the fact that his brother just passed away =(

Sorry to hear that bro. Hope he recovers quickly.

Sanjuro

Hmm that's not a knock I've heard about him (yet)

It's obvious watching him play. Adjustments can still be made, may it be from the coaching staff there or with another team.

I mean, he is white. So obvious he is intelligent enough if these graphs plastered around here mean anything!

Crisco

Banned
Yeah, looking back, Vick was ahead of his time. His (non-injury related) decline started when coaches started asking him to play like a prototypical pocket passer in a west coast offense vs the hybrid style of QB we see a lot of today. I have no doubt that Vick in his prime could have matched or surpassed the sort of success we're seeing Kaepernick have in San Francisco. Teams are more willing to let the skills of their QB dictate the kind of offense they run these days, and the current rules make it safer for QBs to play a more risky style.

The problem is, like Vick, Manziel is a small guy and the hits will slow him down, even within games. Cam Newton, all 6'5" 250 pounds of him, wore down physically in the second half of that playoff game against the 49ers due to how much they were hitting him. Wilson does well because he rarely runs past the line of scrimmage, and gets rid of the ball before taking the big hits. Really a different type of QB altogether. The NFL's metagame is definitely more conducive to small, mobile QBs than it was in 2004, but it's still hard to see Manziel having a long career playing the way he does. Specifically, he needs to focus on getting rid of the ball quickly and only scrambling when he can get out of bounds.

Bowser

Following the selection of OT Taylor Lewan at No. 11 overall, TitansInsider.com reports there's some "talk" the Titans could "move" LT Michael Roos.

Roos is in the final year of his deal and is owed a $6.625 million base salary, all of which the Titans could get out from under by releasing him. He's missed just one start since his 2005 rookie season and has been an above-average left tackle for years. Cutting Roos and replacing him with Lewan would only make sense financially. Why the Titans handed RT Michael Oher $9.5 million guaranteed in March is the real question that needs to be asked. May 9 - 11:51 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3186/player?r=1

pls Getts send them a 6th and plug Roos in at LT

ShaneB

Dang, man, I am sorry to hear about that. Really good to hear that everything is okay now. I think about that kind of stuff a decent amount and even more now that I have a kid myself.

Damn man, that does sound scary. But it's good to hear that everything is alright.

Hoping for the best

damn, glad he's doing ok now

thoughts with you and the fam

Sorry to hear that bro. Hope he recovers quickly.

Thanks to you all.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I hope you realize the amount of luck that goes into these fourth round gems, too. It's not something I would count on.
John Schneider places an emphasis on the importance of late-round picks, and you're right, it doesn't work out sometimes. It doesn't work out in the early rounds sometimes either, which is why number of picks is fairly important overall.

Also, actual brochure from Seattle sent to agents who may be representing UDFAs.:

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/photo/2014/05/06/0ap2000000347146.pdf

lol

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Matt Staffords Career rating is 83.1

Cutlers is 84.6

What is Teddy B's NFL career rating?

Oh wait.

He is 2nd best at absolutely nothing in the NFL right now. Stop, please, just stop.

Using this logic, Weeden >>>>>> JFF

Because Weeden's rating of 46 or whatever is greater than Manziel's 0!

I get it, Bridgewater is an unknown quantity if you're using statistics. Am I speaking in facts? Nope! Doesn't stop me from giving out my opinion that many people also happen to share!

bionic77

Look at this guy. Just look at him!

shazier-running.jpg
Me likey!

Hopefully he can get up to speed quickly and him and Timmons can wreak havoc in the middle of the field.

If we can just get some pass pressure and decent play out of our corners then we might actually be good again on defense!

Man, Round 2 is going to be intriguing. Giants hold the 43rd pick in the second round.

10 players to be picked ahead of them. Hopefully there's some solid offensive line talent still available by that point.

The team had Joel Bitonio in and really like him but I don't know if he lasts that long. Cyrus Kouandjio is intriguing as well despite the knee issues but will he be there? I'd absolutely love to get Xavier Su'a-Filo but I think he'll be long gone.

Jace Amaro and Seferian-Jenkins could possibly there as well. Tight end is still a massive need though I'd prefer we go offensive line. They could wait and possibly move up a little later and grab Troy Niklas which seems to fit what the Giants like to do at TE a little better.

Tons of defensive line talent, too! Linebackers in Van Noy and Telvin Smith could be sitting there in the 2nd/3rd. So many options..

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Man, Round 2 is going to be intriguing. Giants hold the 43rd pick in the second round.

10 players to be picked ahead of them. Hopefully there's some solid offensive line talent still available by that point.

The team had Joel Bitonio in and really like him but I don't know if he lasts that long. Cyrus Kouandjio is intriguing as well despite the knee issues but will he be there? I'd absolutely love to get Xavier Su'a-Filo but I think he'll be long gone.

Jace Amaro and Seferian-Jenkins could possibly there as well. Tight end is still a massive need though I'd prefer we go offensive line. They could wait and possibly move up a little later and grab Troy Niklas which seems to fit what the Giants like to do at TE a little better.

Tons of defensive line talent, too!

You guys will be drafting Stephon Tuitt. Why? Because I want him as a Steeler. #AlwaysGonnaBeMadAboutODB

Paul Domowitch ‏@pdomo 5m
Asked 2 scouts for the biggest first-round reaches. Both said same thing: 1) Marcus Smith 2 Eagles at 26 and 2) JaWuan James to Dolphins at 19

Even the Eagles reporters are killing the pick. Ray Didinger said he had a 3rd round grade on Smith.

Syrinx

Got too drunk last night. Blacked out on picks 26-31 or so, though I remember the Vikings taking Bridgewater. Then I woke up at 3:30 vomiting on the back of my chair.

So yeah I'm taking it easy today.

Paul Domowitch ‏@pdomo 5m
Asked 2 scouts for the biggest first-round reaches. Both said same thing: 1) Marcus Smith 2 Eagles at 26 and 2) JaWuan James to Dolphins at 19

Even the Eagles reporters are killing the pick. Ray Didinger said he had a 3rd round grade on Smith.

I think that pick and the Dolphins were the two biggest WTF moments for me. Hadn't heard of either of them.
Yeah, my first reaction to both picks was, "who?".

I'm kind of okay with the James pick, though. If he ends up being a quality starter at RT then I doubt many Dolphins fans will care where he was picked a year or two from now. It was a huge need and the FO seems to be very high on him. A boring pick for sure but it's better than trading up for a luxury pick like last year.

I think that pick and the Dolphins were the two biggest WTF moments for me. Hadn't heard of either of them.

James was a name that kept coming up all the time for the dolphins BUT it was a pick we would have made if we had traded down to 26 with the browns, since we couldn't find a trade partner we just took him at 19, people say reach but honestly it's a good pick that fills a need with a day one starter. (Very good player)

Top Bottom