• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

easley_vs_miami_2_mimiu55k_acoyw8pn.gif

Dom Easley, I don't even. He's so fast off the snap.

Yeah I remember watching Florida last year and thinking Easley was a much better talent than Floyd. Hope he can stay healthy.

Rotoworld is saying that the Eagles will target Robinson the WR from PSU in the 2nd. Not sure what I think of him. It is funny that cutting DJax before the draft totally cost the Eagles the guy they wanted. No way would the Saints have traded in front of them to get Cooks if they hadnt cut DJax. Cutting him totally tipped their hand that they wanted a WR to replace him.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Where's your new avatar bro?

We're at a crossroads. Ebron, like Jimmy Graham, will line up in the slot and play as a wide reciever.

Our offensive coordinator, Joe Lombardi, was Drew Brees QB coach and learned from Sean Payton.

I think a lot of NFL fans are underestimating how important and huge it was for us to get Joe Lombardi. Our offense will be run just like New Orleans.

After we have a great season, and the top offense in the league, I think Joe Lombardi will be one of the top Head Coach candidates for after next season.

Colasante

Weird. Apparently the Patriots' scouting report on Johnny Manziel leaked. It's not very positive: http://www.brobible.com/sports/article/johnny-manziel-scouting-report-new-england-patriots/

JL 8/22 -Vibe on this guy keeps getting worse. Support staff members are sick of him and ready for him to go. Described as a cocky, me-guy. Loves football, FBI is high as well. Everything has been pretty well-documented in online articles about the kid, but sources say he's a spoiled brat (grandfather gives him allowance, father bought him luxury car). They say he was getting on people's nerves during the '12 season, but it went to another level after the ALUN game. Seems to enjoy putting himself in situations where he knows attention will follow him (TXUN frat party during summer). CONCERNS: Off-field behavior, cockiness, maturity

Lombardi revenge?

LJ11

The player might work out for you guys, I just didn't think the WR position was an issue for the club.

You now are playing the game, "Can we get a team together before he bails?"

Unfortunately, we're always playing that game dude, always.

It's more like, can we put a team together before this franchise bails. No clue who the new owner will be, and every time Goodell speaks he talks about building another ancient relic in order to keep the team viable in NY. Build a new stadium to cater to fewer and fewer fans who actually attend NFL games, makes sense.

bionic77

That and the center didn't' engage right to being with, allowing him to run free (minus the hold)
Yeah it was the shitty line play on the offense that stuck out to me.

I didn't notice anything special about the highlighted players explosion off the ball.

That is why I was asking what was so great about what he did there.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Meh, just depends on where he lands, IMO. I feel that very, very few players are destined to bust regardless of what situation they end up in.

The guy has a 12.31% drop rate against weak competition in the PAC-12. I don't care what situation you're in--if you can't catch the ball when the QB hits you in the hands, you're not going to succeed.

Has anyone else noticed that Johnny Manziel looks like the fucking Browns macot? This is some straight preordained shit to happen. I mocked this up to demonstrate my theory:

wCyS3VY.png

The smirk and ears!

cdyhybrid

The guy has a 12.31% drop rate against weak competition in the PAC-12. I don't care what situation you're in--if you can't catch the ball when the QB hits you in the hands, you're not going to succeed.

Lane Kiffin destroyed that offense so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. My #1 concern with Lee would be durability. And the competition he faced is better than the rest of CFB outside of the SEC.

Has anyone else noticed that Johnny Manziel looks like the fucking Browns macot? This is some straight preordained shit to happen. I mocked this up to demonstrate my theory:

wCyS3VY.png

The smirk and ears!

:jnc

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Marqise Lee will be the biggest bust in the entire draft.

Petros Pappadikas from the Petros and Money show brought up a great point about Lee. Petros was a captain for USC football back in 1993.

Petros, who is no fan of Lane Kiffin and has a lot of inside knowledge on the USC program, said Kiffin made Lee return a punt with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter when USC was down by 30 points. He ended up getting injured on that play and there was no point for him to be out on the field returning a punt.

Lee had a hell of a freshman season and has a great attitude. The guy had a tough life growing up and is extremely humble. I was against the Lions drafting him but I wouldn't mind it. His talent is undeniable and he would be a great locker room guy.

Crisco

Banned
Weird. Apparently the Patriots' scouting report on Johnny Manziel leaked. It's not very positive: http://www.brobible.com/sports/article/johnny-manziel-scouting-report-new-england-patriots/

Lombardi revenge?

It's hard to hold it against him that he's kind of a prick who's full of himself. Dude is a rich white guy from old Texas oil money who also happens to be a popular and successful college athlete. Despite all the off the field stuff, his teammates seem to like him just fine. The only gang banging he does is of the XXX variety. I'd be way more concerned about his size and skillset than anything else. Odd scouting report, if that's really all the Patriots had to say about him. Seems more vindictive than anything.

Colasante

What is so great about this?

The only thing that stuck out to me on that GIF is that spectacular hold by the offense.

Patriots have a bunch of old, injured, overweight tackles in Vince Wilfork and Tommy Kelly. Easley can burst off the snap and disrupt the play unlike anyone on our defense.

It's hard to hold it against him that he's kind of a prick who's full of himself. Dude is a rich white guy from old Texas oil money who also happens to be a popular and successful college athlete. Despite all the off the field stuff, his teammates seem to like him just fine. The only gang banging he does is of the XXX variety. I'd be way more concerned about his size and skillset than anything else. Odd scouting report, if that's really all the Patriots had to say about him. Seems more vindictive than anything.

It's possible it's fake, I don't know how trustworthy Deadspin is. It's fairly laudatory about his football skillset, besides his size, but heavily criticizes his character, which I imagine almost every scouting report will be like across the league.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
How can a second rounder be the biggest bust in a draft class? Be real, homey!

I should have clarified "for receivers."

chuckddd said:
I understand you don't like the guy, but it's pretty much impossible to be the biggest bust if you're not selected toward the top of the first round.

Same applies here.

bionic77

Patriots have a bunch of old, injured, overweight tackles in Vince Wilfork and Tommy Kelly. Easley can burst off the snap and disrupt the play unlike anyone on our defense.
He looks undersized (i.e. weak) and I didn't see that he was amazingly explosive or fast on that one GIF.

Maybe he is going to be good (hope he sucks) but I didn't see anything special in that GIF.

It is super rare that you can just dominate physically in the NFL. Everyone is a beast. You need a combination of talent, technique and smarts to do well.

True legend and dirtbag.

Sanjuro

Unfortunately, we're always playing that game dude, always.

It's more like, can we put a team together before this franchise bails. No clue who the new owner will be, and every time Goodell speaks he talks about building another ancient relic in order to keep the team viable in NY. Build a new stadium to cater to fewer and fewer fans who actually attend NFL games, makes sense.

I'm well aware. It's a gamble move.

Again, I'm pretty outspoken on my distain for the NFL Draft. In the aftermath if I had to comment on anything, it's the Bills activity in the round.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I have an idea but I cant make avatars and I made a post earlier asking for help but no one offered. :(

Ebron is going to play as a wide receiver therefore he is one. We're not going to have him block when we have Brandon Pettigrew as our blocking tight end.

You're the one who is going to have to change your avatar.

It's also the old logo on the report, whilst the maps they showed in the videos on Patriots.com had the new logo.

Edit: Could be an old report though. Nothing about the draft or anything.

That Patriots' evaluation of Manizel seems so stereotypically...Belichickian (curmudgeon, anti-fun, The Patriot Way), its hard for me to believe that its actually real.

Top Bottom