• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

I'm glad the Browns got Manziel. I don't like him and don't think his game will translate to the pros, so it'll be fun to watch him get smashed on twice a year (by the Ravens, but he'll get smashed on by Pitt and Cincy too). For once, I actually care about the Browns in the AFC North. To compete? No, of course not. But to revel in Manziel's failures, and thus, their failures as well. Typically, I could have given a fuck about the Browns. They have yet to be relevant. Now they're relevant because of a cocky overrated draft pick.

I can't wait to watch Suggs crush JFF and hit him with the dumb money thing he does. Makes me wish Ray and James Harrison were still mashing dudes all over the AFC North.

Konka

Banned
I'm glad the Browns got Manziel. I don't like him and don't think his game will translate to the pros, so it'll be fun to watch him get smashed on twice a year (by the Ravens, but he'll get smashed on by Pitt and Cincy too). For once, I actually care about the Browns in the AFC North. To compete? No, of course not. But to revel in Manziel's failures, and thus, their failures as well. Typically, I could have given a fuck about the Browns. They have yet to be relevant. Now they're relevant because of a cocky overrated draft pick.

I can't wait to watch Suggs crush JFF and hit him with the dumb money thing he does. Makes me wish Ray and James Harrison were still mashing dudes all over the AFC North.

Somebody bookmark this for September 21st and JFF destroys the Ravens.

Ebron is going to play as a wide receiver therefore he is one. We're not going to have him block when we have Brandon Pettigrew as our blocking tight end.

You're the one who is going to have to change your avatar.

You cant possibly be serious, I dont care where they play him. You said they would draft a WR in the top 10, I said they would not. They didnt, they drafted a TE named Eric Ebron.

imagesce.jpg

Somebody bookmark this for September 21st and JFF destroys the Ravens.

Please do. If we lose, it'll be to Hoyer. I still think he'll start. He should be the starter.

Ebron is going to play as a wide receiver therefore he is one. We're not going to have him block when we have Brandon Pettigrew as our blocking tight end.

If you're being serious, all respect lost.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This ridiculous media coverage is going to look hilarious in a year or two when Manziel is terrible.

This Browns bandwagoning is killing me. In a good way. JFF to Cleveland has to be the best case scenario for overall hilarity. It's only day 2 and we're already entering uncharted territory.

MechDX

Can't help but wonder if Tom Savage ends up w/the Pats, with his former coach at Rutgers, Greg Schiano, very close with Belichick...

Lacanfora

Wonder if that is the supposed catalyst that had to happen for a Mallet trade?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

You cant possibly be serious, I dont care where they play him. You said they would draft a WR in the top 10, I said they would not. They didnt, they drafted a TE named Eric Ebron.

imagesce.jpg

Court is in session. Ebron will be a TE about as much as Jimmy Graham is a TE. Or Jace Amaro is a TE. Pretty much worthless as an actual "tight" end. There's no question that Detroit is going to play him in the slot. However, he is listed as a TE.

Ruling is thus: Both parties must wear the avatar of shame.

iHaOdic.png

cdyhybrid

It's really simple.

How many times does a WR line up on the LoS with his hand on the ground immediately adjacent to a tackle?

Zero.

Anything greater than zero means tight end.

Court is in session. Ebron will be a TE about as much as Jimmy Graham is a TE. Or Jace Amaro is a TE. Pretty much worthless as an actual "tight" end. There's no question that Detroit is going to play him in the slot. However, he is listed as a TE.

Ruling is thus: Both parties must wear the avatar of shame.

iHaOdic.png

Thanks for the help but the bet was very clear, he said they would draft a WR, he specifically mentioned Watkins and Evens. If he wanted guys that played TE in college included in the terms he only had to ask. Now he is just trying to welch like a little bitch.

May I suggest an avatar that just has a picture of Stafford and says "This guy sucks" or "I hate this man". Something that'll burn, and can be avatar quoted incessantly.

I have no avatar skills but that would work indeed. I was thinking of the islamic flag with a Lions logo in the middle but I like your idea as well. I hadnt considered the hilarity of avatar quotes.

Top Bottom