• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

cdyhybrid

Nah, Revis couldn't cover him because Stevie is that good. I pray to the baby Jezus that Stevie wrecks Dick's shit up next season.

Oh, I don't doubt that he's good. But he still has Kaep throwing to him.

Well, not throwing to him because Stevie will probably be read #2, but still.

Colasante

Nah, Revis couldn't cover him because Stevie is that good. I pray to the baby Jezus that Stevie wrecks Dick's shit up next season.

BILLS PLS! What have we ever done to you guys?! I would have loved Stevie, even if he wanted North Korea to nuke Foxborough.

We gave them Bledsoe for the low, low price of a 1st round pick, isn't it time they returned the favor? That's a bummer, I would've loved Stevie.

BILLS PLS! What have we ever done to you guys?! I would have loved Stevie, even if he wanted North Korea to nuke Foxborough.

Maybe if you didn't constantly beat them for the last 10+ years they'd have been nicer.

supposedly the pats offered a straight up 3rd round pick this year for stevie and the bills said no thanks. can't really blame them there... i get that you want max value but i don't believe in trading players within the division. especially someone like stevie

Wow that is scary. Stevie is one of the good guys no way could he be a Pat.

MechDX

On Mallett, @Edwerderespn says he's been told Mallett is "not available" in trade. Houston was driver on talks. Presuming those are now dead

No Mallett future. Time to squicken

Colasante

Why trade Mallet when you would just waste another pick on a QB this year anyway

This is the last year of his rookie contract. He'll be gone next year, without compensation. To get a 3rd or 4th round pick for him this year would be much preferable. Whether it's Mallett or a rookie QB, I don't think the Patriots would go anywhere this season if Brady went down, so it doesn't matter too much.

Why trade Mallet when you would just waste another pick on a QB this year anyway

Cause Mallet is a FA at the end of the year but they would have 4 years of control on the QB they draft this year. Basically Kraft could save some more for his whore fund would be the only reason for the Pats to do it.

Even after the Panthers draft a WR, I hear "WHY DIDN'T THE PANTHERS TRADE FOR STEVIE JOHNSON??????"

I swear people are either really dumb or low-key trolling at this point.

Tangeroo

ho1bmTO.png

Stevie-Johnson-afterdrop.jpg

Cause Mallet is a FA at the end of the year but they would have 4 years of control on the QB they draft this year. Basically Kraft could save some more for his whore fund would be the only reason for the Pats to do it.

Is that why the Eagles picked a 3rd round guy in the 1st round? To save money?

iggle.gif

UberTag

Hey LJ11... what's your line of thinking on Quebecer Laurent Duvernay-Tardif?
Perhaps it's just the Canadian in me talking but I sort of want the Bills to grab him at 73 unless a more noteworthy offensive lineman slips out of the 2nd.

Is that why the Eagles picked a 3rd round guy in the 1st round? To save money?

iggle.gif

No. Is this your first draft? How it works in the NFL is they have a slotting system the amount a player gets depends on where he is picked and not what round he graded out to. I am legitimately surprised you wouldnt know something so basic.

No. Is this your first draft? How it works in the NFL is they have a slotting system the amount a player gets depends on where he is picked and not what round he graded out to. I am legitimately surprised you wouldnt know something so basic.

I am legitimately surprised you would think I was actually serious.

I guess the eagles need that money to pay their gang investigator.

All they did was pick up a phone and tell a reporter with nj.com that he was a gang member, I doubt they really did an investigation because it would have come back that he wasnt and made it harder to cut him. At least Lurie uses all the money he pockets to invest in green energy, and not try and get some disgusting whore a movie career.

Eleuin

Think they'd like the pick to be this year but if the pats were the only others offering then you have to go SF

That tweet is hard to read :(

All they did was pick up a phone and tell a reporter with nj.com that he was a gang member, I doubt they really did an investigation because it would have come back that he wasnt and made it harder to cut him. At least Lurie uses all the money he pockets to invest in green energy, and not try and get some disgusting whore a movie career.

All in his money in green energy.

Disgusting whore.

Yankee pls, you're turning into a joke character now.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Court is in session. Ebron will be a TE about as much as Jimmy Graham is a TE. Or Jace Amaro is a TE. Pretty much worthless as an actual "tight" end. There's no question that Detroit is going to play him in the slot. However, he is listed as a TE.

Ruling is thus: Both parties must wear the avatar of shame.

iHaOdic.png

It's really simple.

How many times does a WR line up on the LoS with his hand on the ground immediately adjacent to a tackle?

Zero.

Anything greater than zero means tight end.

I'm down for both of us wearing that avatar.

However just because Ebron was a tight end in college does not mean he'll be one in pros. In fact his main weakness is blocking and if he couldn't block well in college what makes you think he'll block well in the pros?

We have Brandon Pettigrew as our tight end who will get down in a three point stance and block. Ebron will be running routes out of the slot so he is a WR.

And I said it a few pages back and I'll say it again: Joe Lombardi is our offensive coordinator and that further reinforces the fact that Ebron will be used exactly like Jimmy Graham i.e. as a receiver out of the slot.

I've made plenty of avatar bets in the past so it's not an issue but Ebron, in my opinion, is a wide reciever.

Let squick and LJ11 decide whether Ebron as a Detroit Lion will be a tight end or wide reciever. Whatever conclusion they come down to is what we should go by.

cdyhybrid

stop living in the past brah. the future is now

Indeed!

1aiasYu.jpg

I'm down for both of us wearing that avatar.

However just because Ebron was a tight end in college does not mean he'll be one in pros. In fact his main weakness is blocking and if he couldn't block well in college what makes you think he'll block well in the pros?

We have Brandon Pettigrew as our tight end who will get down in a three point stance and block. Ebron will be running routes out of the slot so he is a WR.

And I said it a few pages back and I'll say it again: Joe Lombardi is our offensive coordinator and that further reinforces the fact that Ebron will be used exactly like Jimmy Graham i.e. as a receiver out of the slot.

I've made plenty of avatar bets in the past so it's not an issue but Ebron, in my opinion, is a wide reciever.

Let squick and LJ11 decide whether Ebron as a Detroit Lion will be a tight end or wide reciever. Whatever conclusion they come down to is what we should go by.

He is a TE until he is officially listed as a WR in the NFL. The bet was that they would draft a non-WR, and he is not listed as a WR. You lost. Don't be a bet welcher.

Hey, whores need paid too.

Just ask Chan, he pays a lot of whores.

You think the Panthers WR group is in good shape with one rookie and a bunch of scrubs?

A) The WR group is in better shape than the one that won 12 games and a division a year ago, so....

B) It's been the same plan since day 1. LONG-TERM FINANCIAL SECURITY

I'm sure Gettleman would prefer to have Decker, Jackson, Maclin, and Edelman. WE'RE NOT THROWING LONG-TERM MONEY AT PEOPLE ANYMORE. Hurneynomics fucked us once, its not going to happen again.

Top Bottom