• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Striker

He's used as a wide receiver so much so Richard Sherman had to play man to man coverage on him during this past season.
A lot of teams using their athletic, receiving TE's in the slot or the outside in certain packages or plays. It creates mismatches. But until the TEAM decides he's a listed WR, he is still a TE.

For instance, Mathias Kiwanuka has a body of a DE, but the Giants for several years used him as a LB. He was officially listed as a LB so it made sense for people to call him by that position. Sure he moved at DE on dime or NASCAR packages, but he was still listed as a LB on the team's depth chart.

Colasante

I'll change it when I get off of work, but I stand by my point.

I'd like dudes like squicken, LJ11 and Futurevoid to weigh in on this though.

I guarantee you Ebron will be used to run out of slot and run routes as a wide receiver does. He is not a three point stance tight end therefore he is not tight end.

I was right in the end. We did not draft a defensive back or defensive player like Hater said we would, we drafted a receiver to take pressure off of Megatron and Stafford. It's not complicated.

Aaron Hernandez was not a particularly strong blocker, and frequently played in the slot and ran routes as a wide receiver, and even played some running back, but at the end of the day, he was a tight end. Graham ran a lot of wide receiver routes and was occasionally covered by cornerbacks, but tight ends do their damage primarily against linebackers and safeties. Ebron's effectiveness would be greatly diminished if teams treated him as a pure wide receiver and adjusted their coverage accordingly; the whole appeal of players like Ebron and Graham is in using them as mismatch pieces to take advantage of defenses not knowing whether they'll be blocking or running routes on a given play.

Crisco

Banned
With Smith gone, Benjamin will probably be the highest paid WR on the roster lol. All the other guys are on prove it deals, he's probably going to get ~$8 mil/4 years as a rookie.

I like Johnny Football. I hope he wins 10 Super Bowls throughout his career.

Oh, what's that? The Cleveland Browns drafted him? I hope he wins 10 games throughout his career

cajunator

Banned
Court is in session. Ebron will be a TE about as much as Jimmy Graham is a TE. Or Jace Amaro is a TE. Pretty much worthless as an actual "tight" end. There's no question that Detroit is going to play him in the slot. However, he is listed as a TE.

Ruling is thus: Both parties must wear the avatar of shame.

iHaOdic.png

I would wear that if I didnt have a cuter avatar already.

Carr to Raiders unless some team leapfrogs them. Book it.

Kinda conflicted. One hand I love him, favorite college player. Other hand he needs some work on his delivery and pocket presence. Incredibly high ceiling and class guy tho.

At least he can sit for a year or two.

Would still prefer trade down.

Tenumi

Banned
So, my personal draft musings.

-Ebron, he's not my ideal pic, but I'm fine with him. It's pretty much the same as if we would of drafted Mike Evans, in a way: Big target who will line up at WR a lot. Only difference is that he'll have to block sometimes. Maybe. Hopefully not.

-I fully expect Lions to go linebacker in round 2 or 3. That's the biggest spot for improvement beyond the secondary.

-I hate, hate, HATE that Green Bay drafted Clinton-Dix. Really wanted him and going to hate seeing him with a division rival, especially since its Green Bay.

Colasante

Kinda conflicted. One hand I love him, favorite college player. Other hand he needs some work on his delivery and pocket presence. Incredibly high ceiling and class guy tho.

I'd like that pick for the Raiders. I didn't care for the Schaub trade because I don't think he's a viable starter, but he's definitely functional in the clear bridge QB role. Adding a franchise pass rusher and potential franchise QB would finally elucidate McKenzie's vision for the team.

I'd like that pick for the Raiders. I didn't care for the Schaub trade because I don't think he's a viable starter, but he's definitely functional in the clear bridge QB role. Adding a franchise pass rusher and potential franchise QB would finally elucidate McKenzie's vision for the team.

Yeah I'm OK with it. Good value. Prefer using a 2nd on him than wasting another 3rd or 4th on some turd.

Wow, dude looks like a shithead.

cdyhybrid

Damn Rando how are you so positive all the time, does the superbowl high last that long?

Dunno about him but it is for me!

It is impossible for me to get upset at anything the team does right now. They could draft 8 QBs with the rest of their picks and I wouldn't get mad.

Eleuin

That seems fair to me to. Here is the avatar this is my first attempt at photoshop so if someone can do better I am all for it: http://1drv.ms/1j4swMs

I couldnt get the letters to show up so I tried playing around with the colors and adding layers. Man I dont know how buckethead does all the stuff he does, shit is complicated.
Someone could do this better, but I changed the font lol
lX4Bbfs.jpg

cajunator

Banned
also Rando tell your lazy assed organization to hurry up and show what the rings look like. Thats the only thing I cvare about seeing at this point. I love seeing the ring designs.

You are probably right, but I severely hope not

Hunter S.

Best news of the Draft for me is Kansas city is said to have drafted in an area they did not need it. Making it kind of a wasted pick. Nice.

Hunter S.

I wonder how Gronk will injure himself this year? we should take bets on that. I call viral infection to his Penis knocking him out of the game!

Top Bottom