• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Colasante

My Patriots Little Board for the 2nd Round:

1. TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins
2. TE Jace Amaro
3. DE Demarcus Lawrence
4. DT Stephon Tuitt
5. G Xavier Su'a-Filo

I bet none will be on the board. I'd be happy with adding to the pass rush, interior offensive line, or tight end. If Bill surprises and takes Carlos Hyde, I'd accept that, or adds a potential deep threat like Marqise Lee or Cody Latimer, that'd be fine. Anyone but Rutgers (especially Tom Savage), really.

Fox318

Indeed!

1aiasYu.jpg

Worst QB in the history of the NFL.

JaMarcus fat and out of the league all of this time is a better player.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wow...I had no idea that Ebron was given a scholarship after a one-day camp with zero high school football experience.

Don't know if that says more about him or UNC's football program.

A) The WR group is in better shape than the one that won 12 games and a division a year ago, so....

B) It's been the same plan since day 1. LONG-TERM FINANCIAL SECURITY

I'm sure Gettleman would prefer to have Decker, Jackson, Maclin, and Edelman. WE'RE NOT THROWING LONG-TERM MONEY AT PEOPLE ANYMORE. Hurneynomics fucked us once, its not going to happen again.
Hmm... Actually I forgot about Avant and Cotchery. Along with Benjamin I do think that group is better than last season's. My bad. I'm with you on point B too.

Of course the Rams are worried, they got rid of Craig fucking Dahl and somehow managed to still suck in the secondary. Although they got rid of Innegan so they should be more confident now!
Ugh, I had done a good job forgetting about that for awhile. Thanks a lot.

I'm down for both of us wearing that avatar.

However just because Ebron was a tight end in college does not mean he'll be one in pros. In fact his main weakness is blocking and if he couldn't block well in college what makes you think he'll block well in the pros?

We have Brandon Pettigrew as our tight end who will get down in a three point stance and block. Ebron will be running routes out of the slot so he is a WR.

And I said it a few pages back and I'll say it again: Joe Lombardi is our offensive coordinator and that further reinforces the fact that Ebron will be used exactly like Jimmy Graham i.e. as a receiver out of the slot.

I've made plenty of avatar bets in the past so it's not an issue but Ebron, in my opinion, is a wide reciever.

Let squick and LJ11 decide whether Ebron as a Detroit Lion will be a tight end or wide reciever. Whatever conclusion they come down to is what we should go by.

Dude you lost a bet. Don't welch.

Technicality or not.

My Patriots Little Board for the 2nd Round:

1. TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins
2. TE Jace Amaro
3. DE Demarcus Lawrence
4. DT Stephon Tuitt
5. G Xavier Su'a-Filo

I bet none will be on the board. I'd be happy with adding to the pass rush, interior offensive line, or tight end. If Bill surprises and takes Carlos Hyde, I'd accept that, or adds a potential deep threat like Marqise Lee or Cody Latimer, that'd be fine. Anyone but Rutgers (especially Tom Savage), really.

1. TE Troy Niklas
2. DE Demarcus Lawrence
3. TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins
4 G Xavier Su'a-Filo
5. . WR Marquice Lee

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
He is a TE until he is officially listed as a WR in the NFL. The bet was that they would draft a non-WR, and he is not listed as a WR. You lost. Don't be a bet welcher.

It doesn't matter what he was listed as in college. He was drafted to run routes out of the slot like a wide receiver not get in a 3 point stance and block. We have Brandon Pettigrew for tight end run blocking.

He was drafted to play as a wide receiver like Joe Lombardi and Sean Payton use Jimmy Graham as a route runner out of the slot.

Hater was convinced we would draft a defensive player with our #10 pick. I said we would draft a wide receiver and we did. Ebron will be used as a wide receiver in the pros. Everyone knows this.

gata is a better man than kas, and not just because gata isnt a crazy racist.

This may be hard for you to grasp but religion is not a race. Even if NFLGAF decides Ebron is somehow a tight end (which he's not) I will not wear a avatar with religious or political implications just to save you or whoever makes the avatar some time.

It doesn't matter what he was listed as in college. He was drafted to run routes out of the slot not get in a 3 point stance and block. We have Brandon Pettigrew for tight end run blocking.

He was drafted to play as a wide receiver like Joe Lombardi and Sean Payton use Jimmy Graham as a route runner out of the slot.

This may be hard for you to grasp but religion is not a race. Even if NFLGAF decides Ebron is somehow a tight end (which he's not) I will not wear a avatar with religious or political implications just to save you or whoever makes the avatar some time.

wow. this is like the king of all bet welches.

hey guys the vikings drafted teddy bridgewater as QB, however he is going to be running the ball every now and again on scrambles and whatever so is he really a QB or is he a RB? you can't say he is a qb

cdyhybrid

It doesn't matter what he was listed as in college. He was drafted to run routes out of the slot not get in a 3 point stance and block. We have Brandon Pettigrew for tight end run blocking.

2Tg0fMb.jpg

Ebron is not a tight end... Kas you are being ridiculous, dude. Yes he will probably be used as a WR in a lot of ways but his position as of right now is TIGHT END. Maybe this well help:

ebron.png

EDIT: cdy, you psychic son of a gun.

cdyhybrid

Ebron is not a tight end... Kas you are being ridiculous, dude. Yes he will probably be used as a WR in a lot of ways but his position as of right now is TIGHT END. Maybe this well help:

ebron.png

EDIT: cdy, you psychic son of a gun.

Great minds think alike! In honor of this momentous occasion, have a picture of the studly Kam Chancellor being a fine role model and a mentor to the youth of the world!

Just give :kas a Gata-style avatar.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
But Jimmy Graham's a TE

He's used as a wide receiver so much so Richard Sherman had to play man to man coverage on him during this past season.

You can quote me on this when preseason starts - Eric Ebron will be used as a slot wide receiver like Graham is while Brandon Pettigrew will be used out of a three point stance to block.

We didn't draft Eric Ebron to be used on running plays, we drafted him to run routes.

The avatar changing is not a big deal, and I've done plenty of avatar bets in the past. I just know Ebron will be used as a WR to take pressure off of Megatron and Golden Tate.

I'll change my avatar when I get off of work but, again, quote me on this- Eric Ebron is going to be used as a Wide Receiver and was drafted because of that.

Hater said we would draft a defensive player. I said we'd draft a wideout to take pressure of off Megatron and Stafford and we did. Just because he was called a tight end in college does not mean he is in the pros. The game is changing.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This was written after a Lions press conference:

Detroit returns both of its top tight ends from last season, Brandon Pettigrew and Joseph Fauria, but views Ebron as more of a slot/tight end hybrid.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'll change it when I get off of work, but I stand by my point.

I'd like dudes like squicken, LJ11 and Futurevoid to weigh in on this though.

I guarantee you Ebron will be used to run out of slot and run routes as a wide receiver does. He is not a three point stance tight end therefore he is not tight end.

I was right in the end. We did not draft a defensive back or defensive player like Hater said we would, we drafted a receiver to take pressure off of Megatron and Stafford. It's not complicated.

That seems fair to me to. Here is the avatar this is my first attempt at photoshop so if someone can do better I am all for it: http://1drv.ms/1j4swMs

I couldnt get the letters to show up so I tried playing around with the colors and adding layers. Man I dont know how buckethead does all the stuff he does, shit is complicated.
:jnc

I like it. Clean up the font and it's good to go.

Actually, forget it it's perfect as is

I guarantee you Ebron will be used to run out of slot and run routes as a wide receiver does. He is not a three point stance tight end therefore he is not tight end.

Is Malcom Jenkijns a Safety even though he covers the slot WR some plays or is he a CB that lines up deep off the line most plays? Lots of players are more athletic now and teams are using guys in more hybrid roles. The bet was would they draft a WR with the first pick. No they did not they drafted a TE who they might move around and do different things with. There is no way for anyone to know what the future holds for him, maybe they plan to move him around the formation a lot now, but once the season starts they decide they like him in a 3 point stance more. There is no way we can accurately predict that and so there is no way it can affect our bet.

I was right in the end. We did not draft a defensive back or defensive player like Hater said we would, we drafted a receiver to take pressure off of Megatron and Stafford. It's not complicated.

Nobody is really disagreeing with you on this, but facts are facts. He was drafted as a TE and will be used as a slot/hybrid TE and that's all there is to it.

Top Bottom