• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

zychi

Banned
BltyCKCCYAEujHq.jpg:large

faints

that punk JJ watt wouldnt sit his ass down during the game. he has courtside seats, and hes blocking the announcers view. confirmed fratdouche

Talon

Houston has no zoning laws but you don't hear about factories going up in residential neighborhoods. But allows people to build a house they wasn't where ever they want.
You do however see a strip club, office building, and gas station on the exact same block, so that's entertaining.

rando14

Seahawks officially announce the signing of Sidney Rice for 1 year, $1.4 million.

holy shit that's a steal for rice if he can stay semi-healthy

AJ McCarron in Zona is laughable, their FO is feeding King piles of shit.

Yeah, lot of teams feeding BS to the press.

Idk why people keep trying to link JFF with Oakland, I think they're impressed with the dude, but no way we draft a guy who's going to be sitting on the bench for at least a year at #5. Aside from all the other concerns and he's basically a shorter, whiter Pryor.

I wasn't real high on him, but have since come around. He's a lot smarter than he gets credits for and he's really not comparable to Pryor except being athletic. Much better pocket presence, bigger arm, more accurate, smarter. I think if he falls to 5 there's a chance Reggie surprises us all and takes him. (Unless Clowney or Teddy still there) And sitting him a year would be good for him rather than throwing him into the fire.

Allen is an Aggie, so if there is any dirt, he's likely to get it. But I agree with you that OAK's offseason points to drafting an immediate contributor with the top pick

I disagree. I think our off-season plugged some immediate holes short term and lets us take someone to build around. I think the plan may have been to take a QB all along. In the last 10 years or so, Raiders have passed on Rodgers, Cutler and Rivers all in the 1st. I just don't see us passing on a starter/possible franchise guy in Teddy or JFF. I think Reggie can get quality starters to contribute immediately in the 2nd and 3rd.

I wasn't real high on him, but have since come around. He's a lot smarter than he gets credits for and he's really not comparable to Pryor except being athletic. Much better pocket presence, bigger arm, more accurate, smarter. I think if he falls to 5 there's a chance Reggie surprises us all and takes him. (Unless Clowney or Teddy still there) And sitting him a year would be good for him rather than throwing him into the fire.

I generally trust your assessment, but idk, if Teddy is there yeah I can see us getting him...maybe. I can also see us feigning interest in order to entice a trade. As much as I like the idea of drafting elsewhere (preferrably along D-Line), I can see grabbing a QB like that. I sorta do like Johnny Football, and I think there is a possibility he falls pretty far back if he isn't snatched up in the first 6-8 picks. I'd just prefer somebody with a higher impact for the first round pick, at this point.

Fox318

I still think the best All Star games was in Baseball before 2002.

They were so fun to watch because it just looked like a bunch of people having fun playing ball.

Dragon

Banned
I still think the best All Star games was in Baseball before 2002.

They were so fun to watch because it just looked like a bunch of people having fun playing ball.

Imagine if the NFL played the Pro Bowl in the middle of the season like the other sports do...no one would play ahha

It wasn't bad but the last half of the episode was a history lesson on lead which was weird since they didn't connect it with anything regarding space/universe/etc.

Lead does stop gamma rays I believe...

It wasn't bad but the last half of the episode was a history lesson on lead which was weird since they didn't connect it with anything regarding space/universe/etc.
It was connected to the discovery of the age of the earth/solar system.

And clean rooms

And ice cores

And corporations hiring goons to produce fake science so they can keep making money the same way for another half-century while the world burns.

All of this will be relevant going forward.

squicken

the NFL wants to move the draft back even further?! and move the Combine back?! NOOO!

What they want is to have an "event" each month, but ultimately that involves moving free agency, which the players are against. I still think part of the offseason fatigue this year was b/c Houston never settled on a pick early on. First time in a long time that no one knew what was going to happen, so the storyline stayed the same the whole draft season

MechDX

What they want is to have an "event" each month, but ultimately that involves moving free agency, which the players are against. I still think part of the offseason fatigue this year was b/c Houston never settled on a pick early on. First time in a long time that no one knew what was going to happen, so the storyline stayed the same the whole draft season

We don't know if they have settled ot not. If they have and just not let it out good for them. Fuck everyone.

I think they settled on clowney a long time ago. This has all been drawn out because they are hoping someone will blow them away with an offer for the top pick.

It was connected to the discovery of the age of the earth/solar system.

And clean rooms

And ice cores

And corporations hiring goons to produce fake science so they can keep making money the same way for another half-century while the world burns.

All of this will be relevant going forward.

Yes but that happened in the first half

Imagine if the NFL played the Pro Bowl in the middle of the season like the other sports do...no one would play ahha

Lead does stop gamma rays I believe...

And they never went into that, unless they are saving it for the next episode.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the episode, but I can understand why some people think it was the worst one so far.

MechDX

Merril Hoge calls Jadeveon Clowney an atrocious football player. In related news, day drinking is a thing at ESPN. --Twitter

As everyone knows, because it's a third of what I post about outside of The Rams and giving all of you shit, I have been baking bread.

I met a guy at my work who was a bread baker. I blew it off. It's just bread, you know? Just a vehicle for meats and cheeses. You can't just eat bread.

When I took a bite it was immediately clear this was the best bread I've ever had. It was like nothing I'd ever seen before. Rustic sourdough, the crust a deep rich dark brown that would shatter a geriatrics dentures. A crumb that was light and airy and full of flavor. I was hooked and after talking with my friend about it, I thought I would give it a spin, with minimal effort of course.

I didn't tell him I was going to try baking, I just googled and youtubed some stuff, and for Thanksgiving I made my first white bread loaves:

qD8t3ch.jpg

I hated them. Dense and flavorless. I knew I had a long way to go.

HZrl3YS.jpg

So I did some research on how to get a better crust and crumb

8kAHsRd.jpg

CGDWoAA.jpg

6r1Lh9N.jpg

I was getting better, but it was still boring white bread. Still flavorless bullshit. So I began researching sourdough and reading about catching the wild yeast that is in the air around us. So I made a starter with Pineapple juice as bait and soon enough I had my own wild yeast. So I started sourdough with many failures.

PsXL0TT.jpg

I also started talking to my friend about it, and he gave me a lot of great advice. This included lending me a book by the name of Tartine Bread by Chad Robertson of San Francisco area.

5932.jpg

The pictures in the book were incredible, and Robertson's stories of traveling the US and Europe in search of the perfect loaf was compelling.

And soon I made my first loaf I was happy with

4ybo7z9.jpg

wyh5RHp.jpg

The crumb was still a little dense though and not opening up like I wanted.

9SVpHHa.jpg

This was a bad time. I messed up three doughs in a row.

kbZvzoB.jpg

They would just never come together. Never gain any structural integrity or tension and would just run on the counter when I would try to shape the loaf. Many pizzas were made from this.

GkHCITX.jpg

Without pineapple, of course.

But I didn't want pizza. I wanted bread. I kept trying. I reduced my dough hydration from 75% to 70%, and it seemed to help.

h1AoLnh.jpg

FK2IpM9.jpg

My friend was still critical of my crust coloration, and I wanted to get back to 75% hydration. So today I finally made what is unequivocally my most successful loaf.

LK4Cp6h.jpg

She's beautiful. The color is amazing. The sound of the crackling crust as it cools is beautiful.

ScHOPXM.jpg

75% hydration
4.5 hour bulk fermentation
1 hour bench rest and shaping
8 hour rise overnight in the fridge

4 ingredients:

Unbleached all purpose flour
Water
Yeast
Salt

Top Bottom