• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Problem is, just like the books, the Dany stuff is lame. Always get the sense the "real" story is on pause while we go see what is happening with her Magical Mystery Tour

Haven't read the books, but i'm getting a scorched Earth vibe from Dany's storyline. When she actually attacks it's going to be an unstoppable boss rush. I mean, 3 adult dragons and a massive army with support crew completely loyal to her?

Wrayfield

Problem is, just like the books, the Dany stuff is lame. Always get the sense the "real" story is on pause while we go see what is happening with her Magical Mystery Tour

Agree. Similar thing goes for the story line of Arya. Not much progress (in the books at least), just mincing around. Although there is some stuff happening for her in book 4 and 5.

We're not doing a secound round to the mock (it always dies 10 spots in. ALWAYS) But i'm curious who you guys want to drop there. Not everyone can go in the first.

For me it's Ra'Shede Hagemen. I know it won't happen but to get a physical freak like that @ 2.46 would be magical.

squicken

We're not doing a secound round to the mock (it always dies 10 spots in. ALWAYS) But i'm curious who you guys want to drop there. Not everyone can go in the first.

For me it's Ra'Shede Hagemen. I know it won't happen but to get a physical freak like that @ 2.46 would be magical.

The Rams really need a safety. Guy I think will be the best value for them is Deone Bucannon in the 3rd But if Jimmy Ward is there for then in the 2nd, I'd be pretty stoked

Dragon

Banned
Haven't read the books, but i'm getting a scorched Earth vibe from Dany's storyline. When she actually attacks it's going to be an unstoppable boss rush. I mean, 3 adult dragons and a massive army with support crew completely loyal to her?

She really doesn't have that many men, and they're mostly untrained. I realize they have some good teachers, but teaching slaves to become fighting troops and integrating into a group of people like the Unsullied, is pretty damn hard.

Trust me, the only reason she exists is to force Martin's moral compass.

squicken

Peter King mentioned Mike Evans maturity issues. It's really the biggest red flag. He needed to stay in school another year and grow up. Just gets taken out of the game b/c he loses his cool, be it the refs, not getting the ball or his opponents

Houston, at No. 1, isn’t set on Jadeveon Clowney. In fact, one FORS (Friend of Rick Smith) told me the Texans general manager likes Khalil Mack over Clowney, and we still don’t know which quarterback Houston would choose if it chooses one first overall. I still think the Texans would go with a more sure thing with the first overall pick than a quarterback—and that sure thing could also be tackle Greg Robinson. But imagine Mack, the outside linebacker from the University of Buffalo, being the first pick in a stacked draft. Wouldn’t that be something—a second straight Mid-American Conference player (Eric Fisher, Central Michigan, by Kansas City) as the top pick in the NFL draft?

Jacksonville is the most logical spot for the loser of the No. 1 pick derby between Clowney and Mack. GM David Caldwell and coach Gus Bradley want a pass-rusher, badly.

Detroit taking a tight end? I doubt it, but North Carolina tight end Eric Ebron, the clear top tight end in this year’s draft, was asked by one team he visited recently who he thought would pick him. “Detroit,’’ he said.

Arizona is sweet on a couple of quarterbacks, Derek Carr and A.J. McCarron, who are first- and second-round possibilities. With coach Bruce Arians’ love of the deep ball, McCarron in round two seems a bit of a reach. I will say this about McCarron: He doesn’t have a great deep arm by any standard, but he’s an accurate deep-ball thrower when he does air it out.

Pittsburgh likes Odell Beckham and Brandin Cooks at wide receiver, and one or both should be there at No. 15 if that’s the direction the Steelers go—and they need to replenish the receiver position after losing two in free agency in two years. (I’d go corner if I were GM Kevin Colbert.)

Tampa Bay is partial to, among others, Texas A&M wide receiver Mike Evans at No. 7. I’ve watched a lot of Johnny Manziel tape recently, and I’ll say this about Evans: supremely talented, extremely hot-headed. He’d better cure his immaturity on the field, and fast.

Hot guys right now: Ohio State linebacker Ryan Shazier, Notre Dame tackle/guard Zack Martin, Boise State defensive end Demarcus Lawrence. Cold guys right now: Louisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, UCLA linebacker Anthony Barr, Alabama tackle Cyrus Kouandjio.

If Michigan tackle Taylor Lewan gets past Detroit (picking 10th in the first round), the Giants (12th) and the Steelers (15th), I doubt sincerely Baltimore would pass on him.

Oakland? Clueless there. Sorry, Black Hole people. The Raiders seem like a logical place for Johnny Manziel, but Oakland hasn’t exactly been the bastion of quarterback wisdom in this century. (See Stat of the Week.)

Draxal

Sua'Filo and Yankey easy.

Tamanon

Banned
Unless they just don't see a first round QB this draft, I find it hard to believe Jags go with a pass rusher instead. But we'll see.

LJ11

Bills have about 10 visits left, so far only Ebron, Matthews and Beckham are top 15 talents from the players that have visited. Bills have taken a visit each of the last 4 years in the first round. They are definitely sniffing around the RBs too, brought in 4, 3 of which are day 2 picks.

10 more to go. Wonder if this the year they take a non visit.

Peter King mentioned Mike Evans maturity issues. It's really the biggest red flag. He needed to stay in school another year and grow up. Just gets taken out of the game b/c he loses his cool, be it the refs, not getting the ball or his opponents

Idk why people keep trying to link JFF with Oakland, I think they're impressed with the dude, but no way we draft a guy who's going to be sitting on the bench for at least a year at #5. Aside from all the other concerns and he's basically a shorter, whiter Pryor.

image.php

Talon

I had a Most Dangerous Game/Funny Games type of nightmare where Ray Lewis and Ray Rice were hunting me down in my childhood home. There were five of us, but I was the last one to make it out alive before a big truck full of swat officers came in and took those two down.

Weird.

Furyous

Keep AJ away from Arizona. Dude won far too many games in college and lead a team full of five star recruits. I'm not sold on Carr either.

Tom Savage, Zach Mettenberger or Jimmy G are better fits for Arizona. They played at schools without five star talent at nearly every position and faced legit adversity.

What were the results of the mock draft? I'm curious.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Keep AJ away from Arizona. Dude won far too many games in college and lead a team full of five star recruits. I'm not sold on Carr either.

Tom Savage, Zach Mettenberger or Jimmy G are better fits for Arizona. They played at schools without five star talent at nearly every position and faced legit adversity.

What were the results of the mock draft? I'm curious.

Might want to leave off Mettenzburgerz then, unless you never looked at LSU's roster (or who he was throwing to)

squicken

Idk why people keep trying to link JFF with Oakland, I think they're impressed with the dude, but no way we draft a guy who's going to be sitting on the bench for at least a year at #5. Aside from all the other concerns and he's basically a shorter, whiter Pryor.

Allen is an Aggie, so if there is any dirt, he's likely to get it. But I agree with you that OAK's offseason points to drafting an immediate contributor with the top pick

As for the second round, we can always start it and have the community of guys actually interested enough to do more picks choose the rest of the way when everyone else drops off. For a second round, anyway.

AJ McCarron in Zona is laughable, their FO is feeding King piles of shit.

Yep, no way we take him and no way we take a QB in the first period unless Teddy somehow falls and there's still a chance Keim would trade back because we want to win now.

Hope you bros all had a great Easter.

MechDX

Seriously. It's become pretty unbearable, honestly. I'm just avoiding draft news at this point.

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout · 32m
"There's no Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck in this class." Well no shit. There wasn't in the 15 classes between them either.

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout · 30m
Elway ('83), Manning ('98), Luck ('12). Great QBs are rare. You can't expect every QB to be that great as a prospect.

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout · 30m
Brady was a 6th round pick. You can't talk about him as a great QB prospect. @tpmaltbie

lol

squicken

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
It’s not just Johnny Manziel visiting the #Texans today. Jadeveon Clowney is, too. Would be a fun day to be a fly on the wall at Reliant

Time to sell everybody. Let's send Rooney to the MLS

Yesterday was my first glimpse at an EPL player just cashing a check. Rooney was so listless all game. Stood around, and if someone kicked him the ball he'd make a shit pass. But he really didn't seem all that active. Didn't run around, trying to find better angles. Just seemed content to stand around

MechDX

Only one way to settle this: Clooney vs McLovin in Thunderdome! Two men enter, one man gets drafted #1! Rick Smith can get on Watts shoulders and be Master Blaster.

Chris Burke ‏@ChrisBurke_SI · 1h
.@SI_PeterKing mentions in his MMQB the No. 1 pick possibility that's been almost totally overlooked: Houston taking an OT.

smdh. Texans should take a kicker #1 now just for giggles

1297598d1383965525-fog-alert-driving-fog-when-visibility-turns-bad-tumblr_me6aazet3z1rvn6njo1_500.gif

Grover Cleveland @MrPresident09 22s

Sources tell me Texans will be first team in NFL Draft history to forfeit No.1 pick. Say choosing is too hard for BOB

Smokescreen or nah?

MechDX

Never been to Houston. Is it true that it has fucked up zoning laws? Like Industrial plants next to residential neighborhoods? Or am I thinking of Dallas?

Rigged!1

Houston has no zoning laws but you don't hear about factories going up in residential neighborhoods. But allows people to build a house they want, where ever they want.

Top Bottom