• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

cajunator

Banned
BlxIePCCEAAhrGs.jpg:large

I don't like the configuration of this at all.

I dont like it either. That whole top 3 tiers is all suites looks like.

Colasante

It appears that the Denver Broncos will be moving right tackle Orlando Franklin to left guard this season. Interesting move. Makes right tackle a strong possibility for them at #31.

Colts center Phil Costa retires at age 26

welp

And the top three center prospects will likely be off the board by the time the Colts pick in the second round. They had better hope that Khaled Holmes makes the leap this year.

manfestival

I am considering doing an avatar bet with someone about the bucs making it to the play offs and winning round 1 but losing in round 2 after the wild card.

Packers need a safety. Do you think they are going to grab one in the first round or be stupid like normal? I'm praying they grab HHCD, but I'm quite certain he'll be gone before Pick 21.
They will draft a TE and try Hyde at safety.

Unless someone drops, anyway. Ted loves to play with fire in the secondary.

bionic77

As everyone knows, because it's a third of what I post about outside of The Rams and giving all of you shit, I have been baking bread.

I met a guy at my work who was a bread baker. I blew it off. It's just bread, you know? Just a vehicle for meats and cheeses. You can't just eat bread.

When I took a bite it was immediately clear this was the best bread I've ever had. It was like nothing I'd ever seen before. Rustic sourdough, the crust a deep rich dark brown that would shatter a geriatrics dentures. A crumb that was light and airy and full of flavor. I was hooked and after talking with my friend about it, I thought I would give it a spin, with minimal effort of course.

I didn't tell him I was going to try baking, I just googled and youtubed some stuff, and for Thanksgiving I made my first white bread loaves:

qD8t3ch.jpg

I hated them. Dense and flavorless. I knew I had a long way to go.

HZrl3YS.jpg

So I did some research on how to get a better crust and crumb

8kAHsRd.jpg

CGDWoAA.jpg

6r1Lh9N.jpg

I was getting better, but it was still boring white bread. Still flavorless bullshit. So I began researching sourdough and reading about catching the wild yeast that is in the air around us. So I made a starter with Pineapple juice as bait and soon enough I had my own wild yeast. So I started sourdough with many failures.

PsXL0TT.jpg

I also started talking to my friend about it, and he gave me a lot of great advice. This included lending me a book by the name of Tartine Bread by Chad Robertson of San Francisco area.

5932.jpg

The pictures in the book were incredible, and Robertson's stories of traveling the US and Europe in search of the perfect loaf was compelling.

And soon I made my first loaf I was happy with

4ybo7z9.jpg

wyh5RHp.jpg

The crumb was still a little dense though and not opening up like I wanted.

9SVpHHa.jpg

This was a bad time. I messed up three doughs in a row.

kbZvzoB.jpg

They would just never come together. Never gain any structural integrity or tension and would just run on the counter when I would try to shape the loaf. Many pizzas were made from this.

GkHCITX.jpg

Without pineapple, of course.

But I didn't want pizza. I wanted bread. I kept trying. I reduced my dough hydration from 75% to 70%, and it seemed to help.

h1AoLnh.jpg

FK2IpM9.jpg

My friend was still critical of my crust coloration, and I wanted to get back to 75% hydration. So today I finally made what is unequivocally my most successful loaf.

LK4Cp6h.jpg

She's beautiful. The color is amazing. The sound of the crackling crust as it cools is beautiful.

ScHOPXM.jpg

75% hydration
4.5 hour bulk fermentation
1 hour bench rest and shaping
8 hour rise overnight in the fridge

4 ingredients:

Unbleached all purpose flour
Water
Yeast
Salt
Damn that is intense.

And making me hella hungry.

Kids coming back tomorrow. Back to reality. Now let me see if I can convince my wife to work on another.

MechDX

More intriguing QB: Ryan Mallett of Pats or anyone in 2014 draft? Lots of NFL rumblings that Mallett gets dealt on draft weekend.

Bread, its happening again! Mallet gets traded to Pats South and Dutch won't be here.

Bread

Banned
More intriguing QB: Ryan Mallett of Pats or anyone in 2014 draft? Lots of NFL rumblings that Mallett gets dealt on draft weekend.

Bread, its happening again! Mallet gets traded to Pats South and Dutch won't be here.
we will hear his screams from across the atlantic

Jarnet87

That's tough because they are all so so bad. If I had to choose it would probably be Manziel.

Levi's Field looks....small?

Also you know how stadiums get nicknames that are sort of basd on the companies that sponsor them? (The Linc, for example) I propose we call the new Niner stadium The Jort.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Levi's Field looks....small?

Also you know how stadiums get nicknames that are sort of basd on the companies that sponsor them? (The Linc, for example) I propose we call the new Niner stadium The Jort.

In honor of all the thugs and criminals.

Guantanamo field.

Dragon

Banned
From what I've seen of Mallet, he's terrible and about as accurate as Drew Bledsoe after A Night at the Paradise Rock Club (Sanjuro please be online).

Top Bottom