• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

effzee

Man the more I think about the players left in the first round and how the Eagles addressed this whole thing I keep thinking I could have done better.

So you trade down from 22 to 26. Good picked up an extra 3rd.

1. At 26 lets take CB Roby or S Buchanon

2. Then you move up in the 2nd to take WR Mathews (like they did) so this move I have no problem with him.

3. With your first 3rd round pick you take OLB Marcus Smith - pretty sure he would be there

4. With the 2nd 3rd round pick lets take DT Nix. Why? Well we play 3-4 but have no prototypical 3-4 players. All our DLINE players were drafted by Reid for his 4-3 scheme.

Why in the world did we trade this pick to Houston only to take another WR? WTF? And Huff over Ellington? WTF???!??!?!?!

You give me the above and I would have been ecstatic about this draft.

squicken

I guess people are speculating that browns should sign Jimmy Graham to an offer sheet, use our 1st next year or something. Florio is talking about it to. Prob just rumors, but I do love some jimmy.

HoFarmer will have us looking right soon, I trust

Why would he spend 2 first round picks and $10m/yr on Graham when he could have spent 1 first round pick and $3m/yr on Watkins?

You know how after Super Bowls all those shirts of the losing team go to poor kids in Africa and such? I buy all those shirts and burn them, so those kids in Africa can remain shirtless and free!

I also invest a lot in research to the negative effects of wearing shirts for a long period of time.

And of course the investments in keeping the league alive.
This is why retaining the title of Shirtless League
fine
Champion is so important to me. I do it for the children. How much of a fine do I get if I beat you in FIFA with Atletico Madrid 3-1?

effzee

Yeah, Huff was frustratingly inconsistent in college. Don't get it.

According to the Eagles he was the best player available on the board!

Give me a break.

Give away Desean for nothing and then spent 2 picks trying to replace his production when you only have 6 picks in the whole fucking draft. No need to address the D. Brees carved up this secondary and their OLINE pushed our DLINE around. But hey lets not do anything about that.

Isn't the Nfl conducting a study on the benefits & effects of weed on players with concussions? If they should allow and prescribe it to players? C'mon man
Dutch Brown betraying the Bitch Kitty cause after 1 day smh
What about you.....
Why would he spend 2 first round picks and $10m/yr on Graham when he could have spent 1 first round pick and $3m/yr on Watkins?
Didn't realize it would have to be 2 firsts

squicken

Isn't the Nfl conducting a study on the benefits & effects of weed on players with concussions? If they should allow and prescribe it to players? C'mon man

What about you.....

Didn't realize it would have to be 2 firsts

Well they can always trade. But signing costs 2 1s. I guess we just have to trust Farmer

Talon

Teams must have been really turned off by Nix's weight and knee issues for him to tumble that far. Yikes.

Pretty much the perfect situation for him to fall into, though, in Houston.

I'm excited about Hageman, but I'm interested to see how the d-line rotation turns out. Our personnel prior to this offseason best fit a one gap scheme, but added guys more in the two gap mold with Jackson, Solai, and Hageman.

I have to say that Dmitroff has done a great job of reshaping the defensive line. Babineaux and Peters were good, but it was pretty listless around them. Now that rotation of 3-4 down guys and 4-3 interior guys includes Jackson, Solai, and Hageman.

Feel much better with Baker Blalock Hawley/Konz Asamoah Matthews to start the season as well. Hopefully Smith and Tice will open up a battle for the LT spot as Matthews is probably already a better pass blocker than Baker.

LJ11

Nix was pretty inconsistent, had one really good year and that's it. Even before getting hurt this year, he was off to a rough start. That probably hurt him more than anything, inconsistent along with the injury.

Talon

Nix was pretty inconsistent, had one really good year and that's it. Even before getting hurt this year, he was off to a rough start. That probably hurt him more than anything, inconsistent along with the injury.
He had such a transcendent season then. I mean, honestly, college football is all about short sample sizes.

Speaking of which, I feel like a bad person to really want Shayne Skov on the Falcons.

squicken

I remember reading something like he had some concerns about his effort. Guess he's kind of a weird dude with his social media stuff. Maybe the Texans have another Sonic the Hedgehog fan on their defense!

Talon

I remember reading something like he had some concerns about his effort. Guess he's kind of a weird dude with his social media stuff. Maybe the Texans have another Sonic the Hedgehog fan on their defense!
His stamina has been questioned more than anything. They say he gets gassed too easily. Luckily, he's a two down NT.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
how tall are you? We don't even know anything about you. You could be an old!

The Gata makes a point.

We should assume he's an obese 58 year old reformed kiddy diddler living in his mom's basement watching animu and all day while living on the dole. Also a furry.

It's the only way to be sure.

Ugh, folks over in the Hannibal thread are overusing the FUCK out of that McNabb thousand yard stare gif. I've seen enough of that dickhead to last me a lifetime.

LJ11

NDs rotation up front was shit, they didn't rotate enough, may have played too many snaps. Saw that with Star, dude was out there all game long. Sometimes these coaches just stick with their big horse in the middle all game long.

MechDX

<-----------Chocolate Thunder

Jayson Braddock &#8207;@JaysonBraddock · 4m
Garoppolo was still their #2 QB, but gambled that he'd be there at 65. Belichick on the backend knows O'Brien wants Garoppolo & fits NE too.

BOB and Bill playing mind games with each other. Draft my QB? Fine, Ill get the TE you wanted.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
iRiQmNcCIoNCh.gif

Damn Gata how you gonna let him take your chick like that?

MechDX

Jayson Braddock &#8207;@JaysonBraddock · 18s
Ryan Mallett #Pats / #Texans trade discussions have been on-going (despite tons of reports). Mallett is Houston's #1 VET target.

Jayson Braddock &#8207;@JaysonBraddock · 1m
I don't care if I have 1 follower or 1 million, my credibility means something to ME. Everything I said is reliable fact from a source.

Jayson Braddock &#8207;@JaysonBraddock · 2m
IF trade gets completed it will probably be for future 6 round pick(s). He's not the only vet in play. I've been asked not to mention names

Duxxy3

Remember last year when Brady looked like complete shit at times? Some of it was new receivers, some of it was just him playing like shit. Was the first season I considered Brady to be... average. Then I looked at his stats, and there is downward pattern there. Every year since 2010 he has gone down in passer rating and completion percentage, and not by a small amount.

I don't think Garappolo is an upgrade right now, but with Brady on the decline it may not take more than a couple years before he is.

Mrbob

Remember last year when Brady looked like complete shit at times? Some of it was new receivers, some of it was just him playing like shit. Was the first season I considered Brady to be... average. Then I looked at his stats, and there is downward pattern there. Every year since 2010 he has gone down in passer rating and completion percentage, and not by a small amount.

I don't think Garappolo is an upgrade right now, but with Brady on the decline it may not take more than a couple years before he is.

Garappolo is a long term project to groom for the future. He won't be starting for two to three years unless Brady gets hurt.

Edit: If it makes you feel any better Hub Arkush is talking about him on 670 The Score right now and says from everyone he has talked too Garappolo might have the best long term upside of any QB in this draft. Needs seasoning though.

effzee

Could it have anything to do with the lack of WRs like Moss, Welker, and an offense relying more on TEs? And then those TEs being either in jail or injured?

Brady very well may be on the decline but his demise is greatly exaggerated.

Could it have anything to do with the lack of WRs like Moss, Welker, and an offense relying more on TEs? And then those TEs being either in jail or injured?

Brady very well may be on the decline but his demise is greatly exaggerated.

Brady is in decline. The Tight ends were a measure to stem the decline. Same with the increased focus on the running game.

Time was a time when the Patriots produced with Deion Branch as Brady's best weapon.

LJ11

Why did the Bills get rid of Johnson? I liked him.

Last season Steve finally started working out during the offseason, then after the season he basically came out and said, I didn't really work out, didn't follow the team's conditioning regiment.

Steve isn't lazy he works at his craft, but I don't think he's a football lifer, and Marrone wasn't a fan. Marrone wants to clone Stephon Gilmore and Kiko Alonso. He wants guys who eat breath and sleep football, take care of their bodies so they can play on Sundays.

Basically, Marrone wasn't a fan, and didn't appreciate some of the body language Steve had when the chosen one missed a read or threw a shit pass.

Duxxy3

Brady is in decline. The Tight ends were a measure to stem the decline. Same with the increased focus on the running game.

Time was a time when the Patriots produced with Deion Branch as Brady's best weapon.

Brady can't hit the outside receivers and longball as accurately as he once could. There is a good reason why Welker, Gronk, and now Edelman are his favorite targets. Down the middle, short to mid range.

Top Bottom