• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Godslay

Banned
The more I watch Roby the more I like the pick. Sure he had a bad game against that Sconi, but he improved from that point on. Watching some of his stuff from 2012 is really encouraging. If Denver uses him like they did in 2012 he will be the #2 CB, with Harris Jr. playing the slot.

Although I will say Kavyon Webster is the wildcard of this bunch. He is basically Roby's doppelganger. Same size and speed, Roby (5'11" 194, 4.39), Webster (5'11" 195, 4.34), Roby is a bit stronger and has bigger hands, Webster has a longer reach. Both are very fluid as well. It will be an interesting battle between these two. It's a good pick in the sense that Tebow willing they will both improve each other.

LJ11

Wonder if the Seahawks take a shot at Telvin Smith. They love sub package players. He's more than a sub package when teams sit in nickel all game long.

linkboy

Pierre Desir would be a good pick for SF here.

But Baalke will probably trade down for more picks and a hot dog.

or not

Ellington's not bad.

Colasante

A center.

I'm fine with that, Wendell was awful last year.

Another undersized center. I'm not very happy about the selection without Scarnecchia to coach him up, but they did need depth on the interior and competition for Connolly and Wendell, so I guess it works.

Drakeon

SF has more talent than any team in the league at this point. Insanity.

I have no idea what we're going to do with all these receivers. Keeping in mind Lloyd probably doesn't even make the team. But for now we've got Boldin, Crabtree, Johnson, Patton, Lloyd, Baldwin, Osgood (mostly a special teamer, but still) and now Ellington. I'm probably missing a few practice squaders too.

Have to think that Lloyd and Baldwin are almost certainly gone. Can Ellington contribute on special teams?

I still would like us to take the CB position seriously and at least draft 1 :\ It would be a very Baalke-esque move to grab Aaron Colvin who would have to be red-shirted for the year. Of course that does nothing for us this year.

i would have thought we went CB but i saw a lot of people wanting us to take ellington in the last round. kiper had him going in the 1st in his last mock? lulz.

one interesting thing i saw is that ellington is a returner? if so, i have to imagine LMJ is gone even moreso than i already did

LJ11

Ellington is super versatile, you can use him in a lot of ways, including special teams.

Bills have failed in the 4th year after year, most teams do, but I'd like to be surprised for a change.

I have no idea what we're going to do with all these receivers. Keeping in mind Lloyd probably doesn't even make the team. But for now we've got Boldin, Crabtree, Johnson, Patton, Lloyd, Baldwin, Osgood (mostly a special teamer, but still) and now Ellington. I'm probably missing a few practice squaders too.

Have to think that Lloyd and Baldwin are almost certainly gone. Can Ellington contribute on special teams?

I still would like us to take the CB position seriously and at least draft 1 :\ It would be a very Baalke-esque move to grab Aaron Colvin who would have to be red-shirted for the year. Of course that does nothing for us this year.

i was reading the drop from wr is much steeper than CB. supposedly there are quite a few quality CB's of the same skill left but only a couple receivers (ellington being one of them). i hope there is a decent CB we can get at the end of this round

Drakeon

i was reading the drop from wr is much steeper than CB. supposedly there are quite a few quality CB's of the same skill left but only a couple receivers (ellington being one of them). i hope there is a decent CB we can get at the end of this round

I hope they're right. I'm not upset with the Ellington pick, it's a good one, but I just want to see him address CB.

Ellington is super versatile, you can use him in a lot of ways, including special teams.

Bills have failed in the 4th year after year, most teams do, but I'd like to be surprised for a change.

EDIT: lol read that as Ellis. way too early for me

Cool, that's what Allen and Tarver love is versatility. Apparently they fell in love with him at his pro-day.

BnSa6c4IYAA8UT7.jpg

Nameless

I still would like us to take the CB position seriously and at least draft 1 : It would be a very Baalke-esque move to grab Aaron Colvin who would have to be red-shirted for the year. Of course that does nothing for us this year.

I love the pick. Rookie WRs typically don't make that big of a splash anyway, so he can develop while immediately competing for a return job and serving as a situational deep threat. In a year or two he should push for a starting job just as Boldin and maybe even Crabs are on their way out. Solid pick now and big picture.

Like I said, We don't need anymore backup corners. If you see a future starter on the board this late you grab him instead of a crappy player at a need position.

effzee

Eagles traded RB Bryce Brown to the Bills. I remember when he looked great two seasons ago, before he started fumbling non-stop.

For some reason he never got enough touches last year but yeah he is really good. Reid found a gem in the 7th round but he can turn the corner, run between tackles, and if he ever solves fumbling problems is a starting RB.

But why the Bills? Is something going on with Spiller or Jackson?

What the did the Eagles get in return? This confirms we draft a RB now I bet.

LJ11

I like what Brown flashed but the guy can't hold on to it.

Bills draft picks have all been visits. They brought more Rbs for visits then any other position, occluding the top becks but never pulled the trigger in the actual draft.

Freds getting old and CJ needs a contract. The need a third back.

Top Bottom