• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

MechDX

mech-nix.png

Thank you sir. No Brent pics from me in your PM box.

Eleuin

Packers 3rd round picks are weird. Thompson says they were the top players on the board but that seems a little fishy.
Think they wanted Nix. Thornton apparently played 0 tech sometimes so he was the alternative.
Think Rogers was a reach, definite WIP. I'd be fine with it if it wasn't the third round..
We loved west and he is from Baltimore :(
so im now thinking raven will be 4th in the afc north. This has been a really pathetic draft. we will be picking in the top ten next year. we should have traded down with our second. he Monroe trade fucked us
Mosley and brooks are going to be great, lets trade

effzee

Brady is in decline. The Tight ends were a measure to stem the decline. Same with the increased focus on the running game.

Time was a time when the Patriots produced with Deion Branch as Brady's best weapon.

Yeah that was a time when their D was stellar and they asked him to manage games basically.

On another note I say this all the time but I really need to stop going to the Eagles official board. I get that after 14 years of Reid, Chip has a lot of time and credibility before we turn on him, but man people are jumping through hoops to justify the selection of Marcus Smith.

More and more teams and personnel people have come out and said they had a low 2nd round to even a 4th round grade on Smith. Eagles took him at # 26. When they could have had him in the 2nd while also getting a CB in the first round.

But no according to these guys, all the media guys are hacks. All the experts are wrong! He isn't a reach because he was on the EAGLES BOARD! No shit like any team would admit the guy they selected was a reach. Of course he was high on their board. BUT ONLY on their board. That's the classic definition of a reach.

Now they just reached for WR Huff but again he isn't a reach because the media guys don't know anything! Oh and did you know all the tv guys are paid by players agents and that's the only reason they talk about Manziel so much!

Feels like debating with a bunch of Gatas all the time.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Last season Steve finally started working out during the offseason, then after the season he basically came out and said, I didn't really work out, didn't follow the team's conditioning regiment.

Steve isn't lazy he works at his craft, but I don't think he's a football lifer, and Marrone wasn't a fan. Marrone wants to clone Stephon Gilmore and Kiko Alonso. He wants guys who eat breath and sleep football, take care of their bodies so they can play on Sundays.

Basically, Marrone wasn't a fan, and didn't appreciate some of the body language Steve had when the chosen one missed a read or threw a shit pass.

Well, then frankly, Marrone is a goddamn idiot. The guy produced on Sunday, all the rest of that shit was irrelevant. We basically traded 2 high picks and got rid of our number 1 guy at the position we needed help with the most for a unproven rookie. We needed Johnson and trading him for the bullshit paltry sum is embarrassing.

This is the issue with the rotating coaching crew, they don't know what it's like to coach a team lacking the skill players needed to win games. Johnson was the first legit number 1 wideout we've had for damn near a decade and he owned our division rivals and we gave him up for a punters ransom.

MechDX

Rich Hill ‏@PP_Rich_Hill · 9h
Looks like Atlanta offered 68 and 147 for New England's 62. Which is a fair trade. Patriots opted to take Garoppolo. pic.twitter.com/gaqF2gehel

BnQLHzeCUAENVCd.png:large

The one time Bill doesn't be Bill.

Yeah that was a time when their D was stellar and they asked him to manage games basically.

On another note I say this all the time but I really need to stop going to the Eagles official board. I get that after 14 years of Reid, Chip has a lot of time and credibility before we turn on him, but man people are jumping through hoops to justify the selection of Marcus Smith.

More and more teams and personnel people have come out and said they had a low 2nd round to even a 4th round grade on Smith. Eagles took him at # 26. When they could have had him in the 2nd while also getting a CB in the first round.

But no according to these guys, all the media guys are hacks. All the experts are wrong! He isn't a reach because he was on the EAGLES BOARD! No shit like any team would admit the guy they selected was a reach. Of course he was high on their board. BUT ONLY on their board. That's the classic definition of a reach.

Now they just reached for WR Huff but again he isn't a reach because the media guys don't know anything! Oh and did you know all the tv guys are paid by players agents and that's the only reason they talk about Manziel so much!

Feels like debating with a bunch of Gatas all the time.

I'm reconsidering visiting team boards at draft time. Too many posters getting pissed because the pick didn't match their personal board that they put together over narrow wants and 3 minutes of watching videos on Youtube.

Nakazato

Think they wanted Nix. Thornton apparently played 0 tech sometimes so he was the alternative.
Think Rogers was a reach, definite WIP. I'd be fine with it if it wasn't the third round..
Mosley and brooks are going to be great, lets trade

My biggest issue is that we have no Oline help.

But I see we likely going to transition to a 4-3 with CJ and Timmay in the fold

LJ11

Well, then frankly, Marrone is a goddamn idiot. The guy produced on Sunday, all the rest of that shit was irrelevant. We basically traded 2 high picks and got rid of our number 1 guy at the position we needed help with the most for a unproven rookie. We needed Johnson and trading him for the bullshit paltry sum is embarrassing.

This is the issue with the rotating coaching crew, they don't know what it's like to coach a team lacking the skill players needed to win games. Johnson was the first legit number 1 wideout we've had for damn near a decade and he owned our division rivals and we gave him up for a punters ransom.

I would have kept him too, but when coach and player aren't on the same page...

Nothing I can do, loved Steve since he was a rookie wasting on the bench.

MechDX

LOL RT @10AJMcCarron: & y'all thought I played with a chip on my shoulder, JUST WAIT God has a plan can't wait! #blessed #historyinthemaking

The Wrath of McCarron.

Colasante

LOL RT @10AJMcCarron: & y'all thought I played with a chip on my shoulder, JUST WAIT God has a plan can't wait! #blessed #historyinthemaking

The Wrath of McCarron.

He's starting to become as delusional as that running back who thought God wanted him to be on the Seahawks.

effzee

Packers need to draft McCarron. HIm and Aarons combined chip would destroy everyone.

Dutch'sMallettcrotchavatar.jpeg

Or be drafted by Chip. Chip plus the chips on Sanchez, Barkley, and McCarron combined!???!?!? Chips ahoy!

Ok finally I like this pick for the Eagles !

Need another CB or ILB with the next few picks.

No more offense please unless we trade Bryce Brown for a pick and then select a RB.

The Wrath of McCarron.
Hahahahaha. Thanks I really needed that. Just wait until some big defensive end steals his girlfriend like they in Hong Kong.

Top Bottom