• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Cool, cool. Yeah without Dante it's going to be a different situation. He looks the part, massive white guy with a beard.

tumblr_inline_miaduxWsxA1qz4rgp.gif

Seriously being a two-teamer is so hard.

I'm happy that CLE got Desir but I'm bummed that the Panthers didn't. All of these feels, I don't know what to do with them!

Squicken/Gata how have you been able to manage for all these years?

Boose

Haven't watched any of Alexanders tape.

Schefter tweeted that he spent a year out of football and was a janitor in the Edward Jones dome.... Glad we spent a 4th on him..... :(

Colasante

Not a bad strategy by the Browns. How good are the receivers you draft in the 4th round going to be? Stick to the board, sign some olds after the draft, make do. Ray Farmer's got this under control.

squicken

Michael Tanier ‏@MikeTanier
Okay, let me get serious and drop a little science about the #Browns situation, if I can.

Suddenly shifting draft priorities in the final week requires a high level of coordination between scouts, coaches, administration

We can just say "draft WRs." But is the WR board stocked? Are coaches comfortable with scout decisions? Can everyone pivot fast?

If you are the #Patriots, who have had a system for years, or the #Seahawks, where everyone is lock-step: easy peasy.

But, say you suddenly realigned your entire organizational flow chart about 3 months ago...

How comfortable is everyone with a sudden priority shift, and with scouting decisions made, through January, by previous admin?

So the team with the greatest "logistical risk" in the front office faced the biggest logistical problem of the draft #Browns ...

I guess in context of Browns being too disorganized to properly adjust to such changing circumstance, Farmer's behavior does makes sense. Even though the response is poor, it is the least bad of several bad choices available

JABEE

This draft has ruined the reputation of many of our posters.

Grover is now a two-teamer
Mech is now a two-teamer
Kas is a bet-welcher and a racist.
Squicken Squickened to the Browns?!
Darkside Squickened to the Browns?!

What is going on with NFL-GAF?

MechDX

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock · 32s
Pick is Tom Savage for the #Texans

BASED BOB!

Welcome to Houston Ryan Mallet!

Rest that ankle up Cam, you're going to need it :(

Need an offensive tackle, take a defensive end and then a guard.

Need a corner, take a safety.

U6uBYmH.gif

I can't joke because Gettleman is literally phoning it in at the draft right now, but he proved himself to be a good talent finder last year. Trust in him I guess

Crisco

Banned
Need an offensive tackle, take a defensive end and then a guard.

Need a corner, take a safety.

U6uBYmH.gif

I can't joke because Gettleman is literally phoning it in at the draft right now, but he proved himself to be a good talent finder last year. Trust in him I guess

Yeah, two months ago we had no receivers and were freaking out. Now we just have no tackles or corners. Easy peasy.

Just got back from seeing Neighbors. Saw we took an RB. Expected it to happen eventually with only Hillis and Scott at depth. Don't know much about him so I'll have to do some searching tonight.

Telvin Smith or Christian Jones taken yet?

This draft has ruined the reputation of many of our posters.

Grover is now a two-teamer
Mech is now a two-teamer
Kas is a bet-welcher and a racist.
Squicken Squickened to the Browns?!
Darkside Squickened to the Browns?!

What is going on with NFL-GAF?

squicken gonna squicken. That one is normal.

Dammit wanted mech to get Mccarron lol
I guess in context of Browns being too disorganized to properly adjust to such changing circumstance, Farmer's behavior does makes sense. Even though the response is poor, it is the least bad of several bad choices available
It's as simple as the Browns have a big board and are taking the best rated players available. Take best player or take a lower rated wr just because?
I do know they liked Norwood though, Devin street is on the radio

Oh yeah, and you're out of browns Gaf again.

MechDX

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock · 1m
There is 0 risk with this pick. IF Savage develops, O'Brien has his franchise guy. #Texans still working on trade for Mallett or other Vets

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock · 2m
Tom Savage has more "upside" than Jimmy Garoppolo. Got starters instead of Jimmy G., didn't have to trade up, used picks for NT, Nix.

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock · 1m
As I said before the day started. Don't be surprised if #Texans QB depth chart could be Ryan Mallett / Ryan Fitzpatrick / Tom Savage. Great

Shazier=Prometheus

Haha yes, said it yesterday as well. Being an alien and a moviestar can help him in the NFL.

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock · 2m
Tom Savage has more "upside" than Jimmy Garoppolo. Got starters instead of Jimmy G., didn't have to trade up, used picks for NT, Nix.

You talking shit about my boy Garoppolo ?! He's going to be the best QB in this draft class.

Ha, Andre Williams from BC? Shit might as well just look at BC and Syracuse prospects fort a pool of likely Giants picks.

Another character guy, too. Big academic kid who's writing a book.

Top Bottom