• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

20ca5d21ae71d723da531373b0b353fa.jpg

Just let the record show I'm Captain America.

Scouting on Nat Berhe:

Berhe played strong safety at San Diego State, where he was a team captain and led the Aztecs with 99 tackles as a senior. Berhe was a two-star defensive back recruit out of high school, and he initially committed to UTEP before switching to San Diego State. He became the first Aztec safety since 1999 to earn All-Mountain West Conference honors in three straight seasons.

Pre-draft scouting reports considered Berhe a strong safety capable of pursuing ball carriers by using aggressive angles being quick on his feet and utilizing solid peripheral vision for above-average awareness. Against the run, the 5'11, 193-pound Berhe is willing to throw his body around to finish a tackle. He's the "high-motor, high-character" prospect that seems especially valuable in the later rounds.

Hey, you America hating commie, shut up.

iYl2h7bTuWFMi.gif

16-catie-varley-tom-savage.jpg

Savages GF. the true measure of a QB

Well his career's gonna suck. Sorry mech, but it is written.

Dudes with hot GFs don't win in the modern NFL. We'll be very interested to see how Bad Boy Russ gets on this year. Back when he was married (RIP), he didn't have to worry about that. Now that he's black Casanova, how does his play (I.E. his ability to hand the ball off to the running back and hold a clipboard while Dick Sherman and the boys are styling on the field) suffer?

Colasante

I was convinced the Saints would draft Aaron Murray. I like him in Kansas City. If Smith moves on, Murray should easily beat out Chase Daniel and Tyler Bray.

Colasante

Bengals don't need no stinking arm strength. Dalton's going to look like Montana by comparison. But realistically, I'd rather have McCarron on a 5th round salary than Dalton for $15 million a year.

hahahahahahhaah Bengals get McCarron yesssssssss

Either Flacco's back in the playoffs or nobody in this dumb division wins a playoff game for a second year in a row. I love either option, bless this stupid division

LJ11

Love Sam Watkins, but hate a lot of these Bills picks, especially on OL. Betting big that Marrone can fix a couple of flawed prospects, no depth on OL, these kids have to start. Lots of pressure on Marrone, may not even be the coach going forward, so you drafted guys that you feel your coach can fix even though there's no job security.... Risky as hell.

Colasante

Patriots are up in 14 picks. Could add another running back like Tyler Gaffney, Isaiah Crowell, or Storm Johnson, or Brandon Coleman, or a corner like Terrance Mitchell. I'd love if they could draft at least one player who'll be a viable 2014 starter.

MechDX

Patriots are up in 14 picks. Could add another running back like Tyler Gaffney, Isaiah Crowell, or Storm Johnson, or Brandon Coleman, or a corner like Terrance Mitchell. I'd love if they could draft at least one player who'll be a viable 2014 starter.

You need to let Storm Johnson slip.

Who doesnt want to see a Savage Storm backfield?

effzee

Can someone tell me how I am supposed to feel about the guys the Eagles just picked up.

The DE Hart from Oregon and Stanford Safety Ed Reynolds.

I know that I want them to go all D, so its nice to see a safety and DE but I have no idea who these guys are. Are we looking at potential starters or just special teams players and depth guys?

Interesting we didn't pick a single OLINEMAN yet. Guard might be an issue next season.

cajunator

Banned
Is Khairi Fortt any good? Penn state linebacker? I dont know this guy but he apparently was playing when the Sandusky thing happened and moved to Cal.

IS COLEMAN STILL AVAILABLE?! PLSSSSS

JABEE

Can someone tell me how I am supposed to feel about the guys the Eagles just picked up.

The DE Hart from Oregon and Stanford Safety Ed Reynolds.

I know that I want them to go all D, so its nice to see a safety and DE but I have no idea who these guys are. Are we looking at potential starters or just special teams players and depth guys?

Interesting we didn't pick a single OLINEMAN yet. Guard might be an issue next season.

Ray Didinger thought Reynolds was a 3rd round player who could be a starter with the Eagles. He said he has the opportunity to get significant playing time this year.

Hart is a run-stopper. Didinger thought he was more of a 4-3 guy. Not a fit. Wondered whether Eagles may play more of a hybrid system this year.

Colasante

Feel bad for Tiny Richardson. LaCanfora incorrectly tipping picks convinced Twitter that the Seahawks had taken Tiny in the 2nd, but it was actually Paul Richardson, and now he's still on the board going into the 6th round.

Top Bottom