• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
To be entirely fair to Kas, before Stafford the Lions were beyond hopeless, but now they are stuck in the limbo of good but not good enough. So close, and yet so far. So athletic, and yet so chubby.

MRSA

Banned
And Louisiana right next door with the cajun/creole goods. The gulf coast is the food coast.

No cajun, the best source of food is California. Period.

Go to the right place and you'll get locally sourced (Fuck you, Mexico isn't local) produce. Heirloom tomatoes for the most part grow year round here, its fuckin amazing.

ShaneB

I don't go to red lobster because I can do this instead.

Nice.

I don't do that because it would require me to leave here.

gmUldpF.jpg

Jealous. =(

Go to the right place and you'll get locally sourced (Fuck you, Mexico isn't local) produce. Heirloom tomatoes for the most part grow year round here, its fuckin amazing.
fuck you

we have pretty good seafood here in Florida

cajunator

Banned

Not for cajun food. Some regional foods just cant be replicated elsewhere so easily.

Tamanon

Banned
I can't do Red Lobster after going to a beach in Ecuador where they caught the lobster, brought it in to the shack/restaurant while we watched and cooked it. Latin America can do some seafood.

bionic77

Spoken out of ignorance. There is literally no cuisine that you can't find in Houston or Dallas that isn't top notch. This state likes to eat.
Only been to Dallas once but I have been to Houston 3-4 times and like most of the US there is not good pizza there.

Is it good for Konka? Obviously he has low standards. But for East Coasters most pizza is shit outside of these borders.

MRSA

Banned
7b60f07a7f8368440bd8c7d7f5b7984e.jpg

Heirloom tomatoes and watermelon salad, fuckin amazing and practically available year round.

Heirloom tomatoes
Watermelon
White balsamic vinegar
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt
Pepper
Basil and/or mint leaves
Goat cheese

ENJOY

Greg

Heirloom tomatoes and watermelon salad, fuckin amazing and practically available year round.

Heirloom tomatoes
Watermelon
White balsamic vinegar
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt
Pepper
Basil and/or mint leaves
Goat cheese

ENJOY
I don't see chicken wings

how do I enjoy that?

cajunator

Banned
No and no.

There's a crawfish boil at Qualcomm stadium hosted by LSU alumnis sometime this month.

California has the best foods, trust me.

Crawfish is great but thats not the same as actual cajun cuisines. Quiche and gumbo and jambalaya, merlinton casserole and etouffee that sorta stuff. Its more than just crawfish. But I dont trust cali cajun food really. Too far away.

squicken

Game of Thrones is sooooo good. I've read the books and know what will happen but am totally absorbed every week. It's times like this I truly pity the poors who can't pay for cable or food

Did we ever finish our gaffer draft? I'd take Kas. That's a guy, you line him up and he gets knocked down, he's gonna get back up. That's a guy can take one right in the nuts and keep grinning. That's a guy who has so much faith that nothing else matters, not talent, not logic, not nothing. That's a guy can stand on a street corner with a sign and roar all he wants.

That guy is crazy. You want crazy. Crazy can win football games.

Bread

Banned
Game of Thrones is sooooo good. I've read the books and know what will happen but am totally absorbed every week. It's times like this I truly pity the poors who can't pay for cable or food
the poors who can't pay for cable have the books, which are even better than the show!

poors 1
richers 0

Feast and Dance interest me more than the other books.

There, I said it.

The other ones are just spikes of climaxes, the other two have a nicer pace to them. Yes, I realize I'm in the minority there.

Probably the best episode of the season so far. Peter Dinklage was god tier tonight. That's saying a lot considering Charles Dance is generally amazing 110% percent of the time.

Feast and Dance interest me more than the other books.

There, I said it.

The other ones are just spikes of climaxes, the other two have a nicer pace to them. Yes, I realize I'm in the minority there.
Dance was a decent bounce back
although Dany's teenage girl crush parts are horrific.

Feast is slow & plodding. Felt like it crushed the momentum of the first three.

MechDX

http://bustedcoverage.com/2014/05/10/jadeveon-clowney-make-rain-strip-club/#photo=9

HIWsq4V.png

As you can see in the Instagram video stills* above from _dc7up, several athletic looking gentlemen are making it rain cash at V Live Houston – the city’s “#1 strip club.”

You can hear the DJ say “First round draft picks here, baby…”

Does that mean it was the Houston Texans’ first overall draft pick Jadeveon Clowney on that stage (just hours after he took his mom for a nice steak dinner at Del Frisco’s)?

No. BUT… those guys on stage in the blurry video sure do look like the guys in the picture below (taken at The Gatsby in Houston on Friday by AristocratLife.com): Jadeveon Clowney and friends, with Eagles third round draft pick Josh Huff (Oregon) and Texans safety/former Gamecock D.J. Swearinger (h/t to @Shea_Emshoff.

Clooney thinks he is JFF. Also dat Texans Eagles connection!

Konka

Banned

It's a shame there is no other way to actually watch GoT episodes without paying for HBO, such a shame.

Dance was a decent bounce back
although Dany's teenage girl crush parts are horrific.

Feast is slow & plodding. Felt like it crushed the momentum of the first three.

Book 4 spoilerz srsly non book readers back away

I liked Maergery vs. Cersei and "nothing happening" builds the tension.
That's my gripe about this season, when you shove everything together it doesn't have a chance to breathe as much.

Also Sam and Gilly's boat adventure and Pod and Brienne's stuff is great.

Kinda funny watching the ESPN draft grade thing today, they only pretty much mentioned the Lions and Packers being contenders in the NFC North this year and pretty much dismissed the Bears. I don't want to say we are the odds on favorites, but with all of the injuries on defense that we had last year, I think we will be a factor.

cajunator

Banned
Kinda funny watching the ESPN draft grade thing today, they only pretty much mentioned the Lions and Packers being contenders in the NFC North this year and pretty much dismissed the Bears. I don't want to say we are the odds on favorites, but with all of the injuries on defense that we had last year, I think we will be a factor.

Lions have no way to stop Alshon.

The best player in football was injured half of the season and the Packers still won the North.

Your defense is Lions-tier now and you're gonna get drubbed for years to come.

bionic77

Book 4 spoilerz srsly non book readers back away

I liked Maergery vs. Cersei and "nothing happening" builds the tension.
That's my gripe about this season, when you shove everything together it doesn't have a chance to breathe as much.

Also Sam and Gilly's boat adventure and Pod and Brienne's stuff is great.
It had some good parts. I generally like everything with Sam in it.

But I thought the series jumped the shark in book 4. He did not create characters as good as the ones he killed off.

squicken

It's a shame there is no other way to actually watch GoT episodes without paying for HBO, such a shame.

Oh I know that poors resort to thievery. So disgusting that such a kind were able to look upon Daddario's titties and not appreciate them as a refined, paying subscriber gentleman

bionic77

Oh I know that poors resort to thievery. So disgusting that such a kind were able to look upon Daddario's titties and not appreciate them as a refined, paying subscriber gentleman
What is so great about getting ripped off for cable?

Cable sucks balls. This shit is such a waste of money. I only keep it for sports.

It feels good to be a jaguars fan right now. For the first time in a long time, we have reason to be optimistic about the future. Even Mel Kiper thought we had the best draft in the AFC.

MRSA

Banned

Cable sucks balls. This shit is such a waste of money. I only keep it for sports.

Fuck cable, they ripped me off today. ABC a free OTA channel got fucked up for me during the last 30 seconds of the Thunders/Clippers game. I was pissed.

Nakazato

Just asked dude what years the Steelers won the superbowl....

Didnt get they years .... I got Everyone we been in. LOL Bandwagon fan to the fullest.

Bills take Kas

bionic77

Fuck cable, they ripped me off today. ABC a free OTA channel got fucked up for me during the last 30 seconds of the Thunders/Clippers game. I was pissed.
Agreed. Not sure why squicken is using cable to emphasize his immeasurable wealth.

I hate getting raped by cell phone and tv companies. Somehow squicken thinks it is cool...

squicken

Yeah I wouldn't have cable if it wasn't for sports. I'd just buy TV shows off iTunes. But since I am already in, might as well subscribe to HBO when they've got good shows airing

Top Bottom