• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Don Jones was fined for the tweets he made after Michael Sam was drafted, and is excused from all team activities until he undergoes and completes educational/sensitivity training (similar to what Culliver did after his shitty comments, minus the doing work with LGBT youth part of Culliver's punishment). GM Hickey said he was disappointed in Jones, and that the Rams' pick of Sam was "a great thing" for the league.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
WRONG, go to Austin.

Forgot about Austin. I get distracted by the barbecue every time I go near there though.

And Louisiana right next door with the cajun/creole goods. The gulf coast is the food coast.

I think going out to eat has supplanted baseball as the pastime here. Probably because of the Astros.

Where can I get some good Haluski?

http://www.yelp.com/biz/polonia-restaurant-houston

Come at me bro!

MechDX

Forgot about Austin. I get distracted by the barbecue every time I go near there though.

I think going out to eat has supplanted baseball as the pastime here. Probably because of the Astros.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/polonia-restaurant-houston

Come at me bro!

1) Fuck Austin. I have had some good food there but no where near the quality and diversity you can get in Houston

2) Yeah.....

3) Wienke my man! What did you do with mastershake?

OMG and then Horrible. It was during the Michael Sam segment on ESPN

Yeah just googled it. Of course it was a Dolphins player......

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
1) Fuck Austin. I have had some good food there but no where near the quality and diversity you can get in Houston

2) Yeah.....

3) Wienke my man! What did you do with mastershake?

Mastershake probably got stabbed while running around looking for me when I was AWOL!

Probably went wandering around the Sharpstown Mall after dark....

I feel almost guilty going from Hannibal on Friday to tonights Game of Thrones to Mad Men. Downright spoiled, in fact. Too much good TV for the human brain to comprehend.

Immediately after Sam was drafted, he tweeted both "OMG" and, following that, "Horrible". I think he deleted both soon after.
More specifically at the segment showing Sam very emotionally hugging and kissing his boyfriend. It's 2014 morons. Let your ridiculous bigotry go.

MechDX

7958244.jpeg
kickass-pm-4.jpg

He IS Nick Cage.

Don Jones was fined for the tweets he made after Michael Sam was drafted, and is excused from all team activities until he undergoes and completes educational/sensitivity training (similar to what Culliver did after his shitty comments, minus the doing work with LGBT youth part of Culliver's punishment). GM Hickey said he was disappointed in Jones, and that the Rams' pick of Sam was "a great thing" for the league.

Good, what an idiot.

Spinluck

Agreed. Not sure why squicken is using cable to emphasize his immeasurable wealth.

I hate getting raped by cell phone and tv companies. Somehow squicken thinks it is cool...

My parents got charged with a $374 Internet bill this past month.

Not sure if I've ever heard my mother swear so much in a single phone call.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
It feels good to be a jaguars fan right now. For the first time in a long time, we have reason to be optimistic about the future. Even Mel Kiper thought we had the best draft in the AFC.
You guys have Gus! Once you get talent into that roster you'll be in good shape.

That said, Kiper giving you a good draft grade may mean you're not taking much from Seattle in that respect.

cajunator

Banned
The true sign of gay acceptance in the NFL is when this sort of thing doesnt even make news anymore. Right now its treading on eggshells. When openly gay players start going higher in the draft without that particular trait Even being a talking point, that is when we turn a cultural corner and move forward. Its a step in the right direction of course.

i saw the story about the dolphins guy. i always cringe when i see the comments section on stuff like that. it's a bunch of dumb fuck assholes saying "I THOUGHT THIS WAS AMERCIA! OH WHAT YOU CAN'T HAVE AN OPINION NOW!?"

these people are fucking idiots. you can have whatever opinion you want. whether you are a homophobe or a racist or whatever but if you are representing a business or company then you can expect to be punished for publicly stating those opinions

cajunator

Banned
i saw the story about the dolphins guy. i always cringe when i see the comments section on stuff like that. it's a bunch of dumb fuck assholes saying "I THOUGHT THIS WAS AMERCIA! OH WHAT YOU CAN'T HAVE AN OPINION NOW!?"

these people are fucking idiots. you can have whatever opinion you want. whether you are a homophobe or a racist or whatever but if you are representing a business or company then you can expect to be punished for publicly stating those opinions

Exactly. Once you work for someone and have a public presence you shut the hell up if its not endorsed by the company.

rando14

I made a short life is good post but I can post more if you'd like!

Well it's up to you, I wanted to compare my thoughts to yours!! I posted mine here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=111437092&postcount=12461

I was pessimistic about our early rounds but I'm really getting to like Richardson (the next DJax!!). We definitely have killed so far in UDFA :) I think Jeffcoat is the best of the bunch, and hopefully Cable can turn some of the offensive linemen into solid contributors over the next couple years.

mr2xxx

Banned
The true sign of gay acceptance in the NFL is when this sort of thing doesnt even make news anymore. Right now its treading on eggshells. When openly gay players start going higher in the draft without that particular trait Even being a talking point, that is when we turn a cultural corner and move forward. Its a step in the right direction of course.

Props to Sam for being a trailblazer and putting the burden on his shoulders. The 1st anything will get this treatment, that's just the way it is. Just like a big deal was made with the great Doug Williams being the first black QB to win a Superbowl , the second one didn't have to deal anywhere near the scrutiny Doug did.

Spinluck

Did you get sued for illegal downloads or something?

I live 4 hours away so it can't be me!

Both of my brothers still living there download a ton of shit, I think my sister just watches TV lol. So I'm pretty sure they're gonna have to cut back Gata style this month and mooch off of their neighbors wifi.

It sucks that they only have that one provider in the area, I think their average bill is like something in the 120s or 140s. Hope they get that shit fixed.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Props to Sam for being a trailblazer and putting the burden on his shoulders. The 1st anything will get this treatment, that's just the way it is. Just like a big deal was made with the great Doug Williams being the first black QB to win a Superbowl , the second one didn't have to deal anywhere near the scrutiny Doug did.
He still got scrutiny on account of being a black midget!

Spinluck

The freedom of speech card gets tiring lol.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
The freedom of speech card gets tiring lol.
People whined about society being too "PC" with Donald Sterling, and wondered why an organization with a reputation and bottom line to uphold would eject somebody swiftly rather than wait for protests and boycotts to prompt them to.

BigAT

Agreed. Not sure why squicken is using cable to emphasize his immeasurable wealth.

I hate getting raped by cell phone and tv companies. Somehow squicken thinks it is cool...

Rooting for JFF is the football equivalent of rooting for cable companies.

Drakeon

God I want google fiber so badly. Problem is I live in a rural area, so even if it were to come to the nearest metropolitan (Sacramento) area, it probably still wouldnt make its way towards me for another 10+ years.

minx

Kinda funny watching the ESPN draft grade thing today, they only pretty much mentioned the Lions and Packers being contenders in the NFC North this year and pretty much dismissed the Bears. I don't want to say we are the odds on favorites, but with all of the injuries on defense that we had last year, I think we will be a factor.

I'm not going to pull a Kas and say the Bears are winning the SuperBowl but to dismiss them from possiblely winning the division is silly.

cajunator

Banned
God I want google fiber so badly. Problem is I live in a rural area, so even if it were to come to the nearest metropolitan (Sacramento) area, it probably still wouldnt make its way towards me for another 10+ years.

I just feel terrible for people stuck in states that outlawed city owned fiber.

ISPs are powerless here. Its so awesome. They have zero leverage.
You are living in the utopian future. The rest of us have to deal with phone/cable company bull shit.

Youtube is slow as hell at certain times of day here. I know exactly why -- because Charter wants it to be slow as hell. Been thinking of getting a VPN provider, will be useful until they start throttling those too.

cajunator

Banned
You are living in the utopian future. The rest of us have to deal with phone/cable company bull shit.

Youtube is slow as hell at certain times of day here. I know exactly why -- because Charter wants it to be slow as hell. Been thinking of getting a VPN provider, will be useful until they start throttling those too.

Its a great future. Hope yall can join us soon!

Top Bottom