• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

squicken

squicken, been meaning to ask you.

Every Bleacher Report article I see is usually some fan drivel clickbait crap, Are there any posters you recommend?

The only two guys who write for B/R that I read are Dan Pompei and Matt Bowen. Pompei has a sort of around the league column that goes up every Thursday, and Bowen has his tape study stuff just whenever

gutshot

Bnct8iqCAAAYRsw.jpg:large

JABEE

Hopefully he can beat a playoff team this year.

It's only Nick's third season in the NFL. Give him a chance.

Foles ain't no Matthew Stafford that's all I have to say. Nick is at the NovaCare Center studying film and working out, trying to get better.

Nick didn't spend his offseason building up Sonic Rewards points, playing Call of Duty like Matthew Stafford.

Watch this video and tell me that this kid doesn't care.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/v...ck-Foles/64aa75ae-8c9c-4923-932d-8d827fe02e5e

hkbt5lg.jpg

squicken

After all of Baalke's wheeling and dealing:

Alex Smith for:

Tank Carradine, Corey Lemonier, Carlos Hyde, Chris Borland and Stevie Johnson

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
This is the story making the rounds but I'm skeptical. Steelers have not picked a defensive back before the third in over 10 years and that guy was Polamalu. Also Gilbert and Beckham conform pretty neatly into the "Steelers will draft a corner or receiver early" narrative being pushed by the media.

I think if the Steelers don't find the guy in camp, that they'll address cb in free agency, ala Mike Mitchell. ODB was the pick, though. #StillSalty

Shazier makes me wonder what this team would have looked like had it not been for Spence's freak injury. Shazier is obviously Tomlin doubling down on speed like Spence.

How do we properly use 2 or possible 3 good running backs?

Are we going to use a 2 back system?

Yeah. Bell's carries were limited last season. Bell will get used between the 20's, Blount on short yardage, late, and on the Goal line. Think Chicago Bears they way they used Forte and Michael Bush.

Dri Archer, not sure. Pounding Rainey between the tackles did not work at all. Will probably see more screens and swing passes to him, like they used Mewelde Moore back in the day.

bionic77

Yeah. Bell's carries were limited last season. Bell will get used between the 20's, Blount on short yardage, late, and on the Goal line. Think Chicago Bears they way they used Forte and Michael Bush.

Dri Archer, not sure. Pounding Rainey between the tackles did not work at all. Will probably see more screens and swing passes to him, like they used Mewelde Moore back in the day.
I feel like a back and line needs carries to get in that rhythm. I never liked just putting in the fatter back when you got close to the goal line.

At least it has not seemed to have worked for us lately.

I would rather we get more creative and find a way to use the possible talent we have in the backfield by using more than one back at a time. This of course requires coaching but something a little more creative than what we have been doing.

LJ11

After all of Baalke's wheeling and dealing:

Alex Smith for:

Tank Carradine, Corey Lemonier, Carlos Hyde, Chris Borland and Stevie Johnson

You know what the scary part is, Lemonier and Tank will sit, same with Borland, because they're blocked by other players. Insane depth.

Far and away at this point, the most talented team in that division, if not the league. No excuses this year, they have to bring it home.

I feel like a back and line needs carries to get in that rhythm. I never liked just putting in the fatter back when you got close to the goal line.

At least it has not seemed to have worked for us lately.

I would rather we get more creative and find a way to use the possible talent we have in the backfield by using more than one back at a time. This of course requires coaching but something a little more creative than what we have been doing.

We had shit talent. System will work much better with Blount than it did Redman or Dwyer.

Dri Archer will also get WR snaps assuredly. They want to Sproles him.

Fun Fact - Archer threw up the bench press 20 times - more than some D linemen at the combine (*cough* Michael Sam *cough*)

Spinluck

Mech I'm glad you got another D-linemen, but what about your secondary! :-O?

As0FtW6.png

Now featuring the newly added Donte Moncrief, basically an upgraded DHB who is a little slower than DHB but can catch (kinda)! '6'2' and 220lbs of potential!
This guy is a huge body catcher, and doesn't always secure the ball well after the catch. His route running outside of some simple routes is nothing impressive. But hey, that's what learning is for!

Luck is awkward lol.

Vyroxis

Banned
I think the Vikings are the one team in the NFL who can't make this argument. AD is their entire offense.

He is a big part of it, yes. But at the same time, we have an improving receiver core and just drafted a RB. Losing him will hurt, but will be better for the team overall with his salary being as high as it is.

Top Bottom