• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

JABEE

God dammit Gata. For once this wasn't about us and look what you unleashed now.

Also, this is the best Stafford Sack ever.

vikingshitstafforddiigc.gif

That looks like NFL Blitz

cdyhybrid

From the article I linked earlier:

Britt's tape at left tackle from his senior year wasn't great, but the team loved his tape from his junior year, when he played RT.

Obviously, he's going to play RT, since we have Okung at LT.

slabrock

Banned
lol who cares. It's put up or shut up time for Stafford and the lions. They squandered an easy road to the division last year and it cost Schwartz his job. Stafford's play was a large factor in that. Caldwell and Lombardi better get him to stop staring down Megatron. When your other options are UDFA walk ons you can forgive it a bit but this year has to be a strong year for him.

squicken

Was that the Jets book you were quoting from last year?

Yeah. He was Rex's defensive coordinator and best friend. One thing the Jets would do in practice is let Revis and Cromartie abuse the WRs at the line of scrimmage in practice. Rex and Pettine figured Revis and Cro needed to be able to practice how they played, and never considered how this ruined the offense's ability to have productive practices.

So much of the book was about how Rex just didn't understand how to coach offense, and I just worry Pettine is the same way. Pettine thought Rex needed to force Schotty to run the ball more and stop coddling Sanchez. In the abstact, that was the proper thing for that team. But if that is his coaching philosophy, it's flawed.

People forget that SEA and SF score a lot of points (per drive) in addition to playing good defense. You still have to score

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

Britt is a tough guy, to be sure, and that appeals to Cable above all, but his 2013 tape at left tackle left a lot of people wanting. NFLDraftScout.com gave him a fifth-round grade, but Cable was insistent when he spoke to Seattle media on Friday that Britt is a right tackle, and it’s the 2012 tape at that position that must be watched.

“Style of play, who are they playing against, how much they played in their college career,” he said about how Britt stood out. “I got excited about watching him play [Jadeveon] Clowney. I thought there’s a guy that it wasn’t too big, he didn’t worry about it, he was very physical with him. Then the more I started studying this guy, all the way back to when he was younger, the traits of toughness and competitiveness just kept jumping out at me. I think I got a little lucky too watching him a year ago as a junior as a right tackle. Because he did some things I thought were a little awkward at left tackle this year. Wasn’t all that comfortable with that part of it, but then I didn’t see him being a left tackle in this league. As I started to dig into him and found him playing right tackle as a junior, it was like, there he is.”
Hah, awesome.

cajunator

Banned
seriously thougH I do applaud Stafford for going all in on playing for the Lions. It takes guts to even put up with that organization. Same with my Saints pre-Sean Payton era. Some teams just get shit on by fate.

Why not have an Amazon bet?

Over/Under: Stafford: 4850 yards, 37 TDs (Stafford MUST play all 16 games of the season). Stats aren't everything, but any QB who puts up numbers like that will almost certainly lead his team to at least 9 wins or the playoffs. Regardless it would be an "elite" performance.

Whoever loses buys the winner a $5 (or less) item on Amazon.

I'd take the bet but I'll let someone else steal Kas' lunch money

JABEE

seriously thougH I do applaud Stafford for going all in on playing for the Lions. It takes guts to even put up with that organization. Same with my Saints pre-Sean Payton era. Some teams just get shit on by fate.

You're right. It does take a lot of guts. Good thing he has a big one.

cajunator

Banned
Why not have an Amazon bet?

Over/Under: Stafford: 4850 yards, 37 TDs (Stafford MUST play all 16 games of the season). Stats aren't everything, but any QB who puts up numbers like that will almost certainly lead his team to at least 9 wins or the playoffs. Regardless it would be an "elite" performance.

Whoever loses buys the winner a $5 (or less) item on Amazon.

I'd take the bet but I'll let someone else steal Kas' lunch money

Id like to see him play to that level and give the Lions fans something to be happy about for once. Ill take the bet (as long as it doesnt change my cute avatars)

edit hold on a fucking minute. you reduced the TDs to 37. Bet off if youre gonna edit shit.

Top Bottom