• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Furyous

He's only making 700K, and we could turn him into a WR!! Percy and Pryor lining up on opposite sides, ZOOOOOOOM!! :cool:

Lol as if Percy would be healthy

You want TP to switch positions?

'C_S_

That SEC analyst that shall not be named has a certain national pundit still advocating for him to start at the QB position and TP deserves time to develop as a result. I know you're joking but it's not easy to convert to wide receiver without years of training at the position. TP is a quarterback groomed in a pro style offense. I'm rooting for TP
like a homer
because he's a promising young quarterback. Hopefully Seattle pulls in Kevin Kolb/Insert Andy Reid Eagles QB haul for him.

You want TP to switch positions?

'C_S_

That SEC analyst that shall not be named has a certain national pundit still advocating for him to start at the QB position and TP deserves time to develop as a result. I know you're joking but it's not easy to convert to wide receiver without years of training at the position. TP is a quarterback groomed in a pro style offense. I'm rooting for TP
like a homer
because he's a promising young quarterback. Hopefully Seattle pulls in Kevin Kolb/Insert Andy Reid Eagles QB haul for him.

Not sure if you're serious, but you realize he's been in the league for 3 years now and still can't run a pro-style offense or throw a ball accurately.

Furyous

Not sure if you're serious, but you realize he's been in the league for 3 years now and still can't run a pro-style offense or throw a ball accurately.

His first year was essentially a redshirt year. He's been injured the rest of the time but shown flashes of starting QBness. Young QBs need time to develop and coaching staffs that believe in them. I want him to receive an honest opportunity like every promising young QB with potential, upside, and leadership intangibles. 18 for 23 is efficent: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...aiders-earn-late-night-victory-over-chargers/

You must mean consistent. I agree with that. Elite starting QBs are efficient and TP has to demonstrate at some point if he is to earn a roster spot with any team.

He's in Seattle to develop like every other player. Russ just lead his team to a Super Bowl so that spot's taken but that coaching staff is great at developing QBs.

Well No. 2 is available now lol

BlzTxrxCIAAsJ0D.jpg:large

His first year was essentially a redshirt year. He's been injured the rest of the time but shown flashes of starting QBness. Young QBs need time to develop and coaching staffs that believe in them. I want him to receive an honest opportunity like every promising young QB with potential, upside, and leadership intangibles. 18 for 23 is efficent: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...aiders-earn-late-night-victory-over-chargers/

You must mean consistent. I agree with that. Elite starting QBs are efficient and TP has to demonstrate at some point if he is to earn a roster spot with any team.

He's in Seattle to develop like every other player. Russ just lead his team to a Super Bowl so that spot's taken but that coaching staff is great at developing QBs.

I don't agree his first year year was a "red-shirt year" He was suspended for what 6 games? Still had a full off-season and then 10 weeks of a regular season in the NFL and still didn't learn anything or improve his passing. He has struggled mentally his entire career.

No, I mean accurately. Completion percentage doesn't equal accuracy. Even if it did, one game doesn't mean he's an accurate passer. He's not. Never has been and never will be because his mechanics and delivery are terrible. I admit he looked OK the first 4 games of the season, but once DC's started forcing him to stay in the pocket, or roll left, he completely regressed and shit the bed.

I don't mean to be a jerk, but save me the BS about him not getting a fair shot in Oakland. Not even gonna entertain that with a response.

More power to him if he can develop into a productive backup in Seattle. I personally don't think he ever will, and I was among his biggest fans. He's simply not a NFL QB in my opinion.

MechDX

My cocaine addiction. RT @AndreyA487: You've had a pretty good career at Tennessee. How come you never got drafted? What were the knocks?--Arian Foster Twitter

Smh...dammit Arian

cajunator

Banned
So theres no consensus to what the Texans will pick? That makes this more unpredictable and potentially exciting! Normally by now everybody knows who will go first and generally how the first ten or so will go.

Striker

Anyone else get a Kellen Winslow Jr vibe from Ebron?

I was thinking more like Jeremy Shockey.

Either way don't want the Jets to draft him.
I see a lot of Winslow Jr. too. Shockey was bigger in size than both and a better blocker coming out. Ran the 4.6 40 like Kellen did.

Giants still have (and JR probably wants to use) Adrien Robinson, former 4th rd. pick. Ran a 4.5 coming out of Cincinnati. A raw prospect coming out, oft injured and just in general hasn't shown dick. I'm not sure they'll grab Ebron that quick, but they will definitely look at TE within the first four rounds.

Furyous

Well No. 2 is available now lol

I don't agree his first year year was a "red-shirt year" He was suspended for what 6 games? Still had a full off-season and then 10 weeks of a regular season in the NFL and still didn't learn anything or improve his passing. He has struggled mentally his entire career.

No, I mean accurately. Completion percentage doesn't equal accuracy. Even if it did, one game doesn't mean he's an accurate passer. He's not. Never has been and never will be because his mechanics and delivery are terrible. I admit he looked OK the first 4 games of the season, but once DC's started forcing him to stay in the pocket, or roll left, he completely regressed and shit the bed.

I don't mean to be a jerk, but save me the BS about him not getting a fair shot in Oakland. Not even gonna entertain that with a response.

More power to him if he can develop into a productive backup in Seattle. I personally don't think he ever will, and I was among his biggest fans. He's simply not a NFL QB in my opinion.

How can you accurately say he didn't learn anything his first year? Jason Campbell was the entrenched starter during his first year. He needed that year to develop because he didn't have the offseason every rookie QB coming out the draft has. Remember the fact that he was a supplemental pick playing a really difficult position. Andrew Luck, RG3, Cam, and Russell have fooled us into thinking every QB has to become a pro bowl caliber player their firsf year or it means they're a bust.

If any other young QB had a 135 QB rating with his height we'd say he was the second coming. Skip Baseless would say he's arrived. LOL at that being OK. As for his struggles, the TP is still learning.

Like I said, he didn't get a fair shot in Oakland. They brought in Matt Flynn, drafted Tyler Wilson and drafted brought in Matt McGloin during the same time frame. That's not the sign of a GM that believes in TP. That's not the sign of a coaching staff that believes in TP. Remember Matt Flynn was supposed to start initially. The Oakland GM is fighting for his job so I understand the hesistation in backing someone he didn't want on the team.

Supplemental draft picks aren't supposed to last in the league yet alone generate trade value so Oakland won. Seattle gives him time to start over and develop. They believe in developing players and competition at every position so TP will have to earn a roster spot.

squicken

A Decade Without A First-Round Pick

Imagine if your favorite team went a decade without drafting a player in the first round.

Your team wasn't making canny draft-day trades every year, perhaps dealing next year's first rounder for a sleeper at the top of the second. Those first round picks were shipped away years in advance. Most of the second rounders were gone too; in a typical season, your favorite team might not draft before the fifth round. And what did they acquire in exchange for that bounty of top picks? Defenders in their 30s, notorious troublemakers, damaged-goods prospects, and not one but two scrambling collegiate superstar quarterbacks with sky-high contract demands who would start their NFL careers at other positions.

If all of these things happened today, you might give up football in disgust. You would certainly expect your team to wind up in the cellar due to age, expense and a lack of front-line talent.

But this really happened. The Redskins went from 1969 to 1979 without a first-round pick, and with very few top picks at all. They did not collapse. Instead, they reached the Super Bowl, hovered in the playoff picture for many years, and then set the stage for a decade of dominance. It was all made possible by a unique era in NFL history and an even more unique football visionary named George Allen.

Wes

venison crêpe
So theres no consensus to what the Texans will pick? That makes this more unpredictable and potentially exciting! Normally by now everybody knows who will go first and generally how the first ten or so will go.

Schefter (apparently) said the first 4 picks will be Clowney, Robinson, Mack, Watkins in some order.

I think the slight majority is thinking towards Texans taking Clowney or Mack rather than a QB as they may be able to get a QB by moving up in to the bottom of the first or their first pick in round 2.

How can you accurately say he didn't learn anything his first year? Jason Campbell was the entrenched starter during his first year. He needed that year to develop because he didn't have the offseason every rookie QB coming out the draft has. Remember the fact that he was a supplemental pick playing a really difficult position. Andrew Luck, RG3, Cam, and Russell have fooled us into thinking every QB has to become a pro bowl caliber player their firsf year or it means they're a bust.

If any other young QB had a 135 QB rating with his height we'd say he was the second coming. Skip Baseless would say he's arrived. LOL at that being OK. As for his struggles, the TP is still learning.

Like I said, he didn't get a fair shot in Oakland. They brought in Matt Flynn, drafted Tyler Wilson and drafted brought in Matt McGloin during the same time frame. That's not the sign of a GM that believes in TP. That's not the sign of a coaching staff that believes in TP. Remember Matt Flynn was supposed to start initially. The Oakland GM is fighting for his job so I understand the hesistation in backing someone he didn't want on the team.

Supplemental draft picks aren't supposed to last in the league yet alone generate trade value so Oakland won. Seattle gives him time to start over and develop. They believe in developing players and competition at every position so TP will have to earn a roster spot.

Supplemental draft picks are the same as actual draft pics. Lots of them go on to have great careers. Josh Gordon was a supplemental pick.

I don't see how Pryor is a win for Oakland. He obviously failed. He didn't show improvement. He absolutely got a fair shot in Oakland and was beaten out for the job by an undrafted QB in McGloin, who looked like a much more competent QB. I guess anything can happen, but at no time has Pryor ever seemed to me to be a NFL caliber QB.

Talented as hell. Complete bag of rocks for brains. There's a reason we resigned Stevie Brown and Quinten Demps.

From Garafolo:
Giants S Will Hill is facing another suspension for a violation of the NFL's drug policy, sources have told @FOXSports1. He will appeal.

Favorite Terrelle Pryor stat:

Levi Damien ‏@LeviDamien 12h
My favorite indisputable stat: Pryor 31 sacks in 9 starts. McGloin 6 sacks in 6 starts. Take away Pryor 9 sack game, still nearly 3 to 1

squicken

For the Raiders, Rebuilding is Forever

Rebuilding teams are supposed to get younger and more talented.

That’s one of those “too obvious to mention” statements in the vein of “when baking a cake, start by assembling the necessary ingredients” or “when attempting to stay alive, consider breathing.” Rebuilding teams in all sports do roughly the same things to achieve the goal of going from perennially bad to potentially good. They invest wisely in up-and-coming talent. They stockpile draft picks. They purge the roster of the aging and overpaid. They either identify or acquire a “nucleus,” that group of promising youngsters a year or two away from becoming (at least theoretically) the superstar core of a championship contender.

Striker

Talented as hell. Complete bag of rocks for brains. There's a reason we resigned Stevie Brown and Quinten Demps.
Wow, a year suspension, isn't it? Helluva talented guy but damn is he stupid. If he's gone then I won't be shocked if JR looks at Safety early.

Any worth it at that spot?

A loss of Hill is a big blow to the defense. I like Stevie but he isn't as good as Hill. Hill coming back along with getting in Beason helped make the defense a lot better than it was. Allowed Rolle to do a lot of things he's best at doing. Losing him I think definitely puts them in position to draft S some time - shame because they should be focused heavy on the offense due to its holes everywhere.

A bunch of quotes from Cam meeting with the media in Charlotte today. I won't spam tweets but the basic gist is "I was as surprised as anyone else to see that we let go of all of the guys we let go, but I'm excited and ready to work with this new group"

squicken

A bunch of quotes from Cam meeting with the media in Charlotte today. I won't spam tweets but the basic gist is "I was as surprised as anyone else to see that we let go of all of the guys we let go, but I'm excited and ready to work with this new group"

#diva #troublemaker #forced_out_smitty

MechDX

Randall Liu ‏@RLiuNFL · 8m
A record 31 prospects will attend 2014 @NFL Draft. RT @NFLPRguy: unveiling 7p ET tonite on @nflnetwork list of prospects who will attend

Slow news day when an announcement of an announcement that no one cares about is announced.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Hello friends.

Today is my birthday. I am now 100 percent a full fledged member of team old at age 31.

I hope the schedule is released today so I can see the browns get a prime time game not on Thursday night!

People in the Mario Golf DLC thread are stupid. Gaming side is dumb.
My initial reaction was negative but after thinking about it I'm okay with it. I'll probably buy the season pass, more courses is wonderful for a golf game.

Hello friends.

Today is my birthday. I am now 100 percent a full fledged member of team old at age 31.

I hope the schedule is released today so I can see the browns get a prime time game not on Thursday night!
Happy Birthday!

MechDX

Hello friends.

Shut up cat and Happy Birthday!

BTW, they moved the schedule announcement to Thursday.

Sanjuro

Hello friends.

Happy Birthday! All your games are now Thursday Night spectacles!

dionysus

Yaldog
Hello friends.

Happy birthday!. I join team old in 1 month for my thirtieth. What is 31 in human years?

Top Bottom