• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

jmdajr

image.php

lol!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Thanks guys.

Gonna enjoy a few adult beverages tonight and I'm gonna watch the raptors hopefully beat the nets at the ACC.

In case you didn't know, football is terrifying

Former Jacksonville Jaguars linebacker Russell Allen suffered a stroke during the team's loss to the Buffalo Bills in December and is unable to play football again, according to a report by the TheMMQB.com.

Allen initially thought he had suffered a concussion after colliding with Bills center Eric Wood early in the second half of the Jaguars' 27-20 loss Dec. 15 at EverBank Field. Later in the half, he began experiencing double vision on the sideline, but he went back onto the field and finished the game.

After suffering a headache Sunday night and Monday morning that week, he told Jaguars trainers about the play and that he had experienced double vision on the sideline, according to the report. Allen underwent an MRI and was sent home but received a call on Tuesday morning and was told to meet the Jaguars' team physician at the emergency room.

Upon arrival, Allen was told he'd suffered a stroke, and was admitted to the hospital for three days of tests...

...The report said that none of the doctors Allen consulted could find an incident in which a professional football player suffered this kind of stroke, which sometimes occurs in a small percentage of high-speed motor-vehicle accidents.

If you have time, read the original piece from MMQB, which goes into further detail and gives a lot more insight into what happened.

ShaneB

Thanks guys.

Gonna enjoy a few adult beverages tonight and I'm gonna watch the raptors hopefully beat the nets at the ACC.

Heck yeah, it's a good night for sports. Go Raptors.

In case you didn't know, football is terrifying

If you have time, read the original piece from MMQB, which goes into further detail and gives a lot more insight into what happened.

Thanks for the heads up on this, I'll give it a read later tonight. Scary stuff indeed =(

Word is that Seahawks and Richard Sherman are nearing a deal north of $13m/yr.

I ballparked 15, and that sounds about right.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 3m
ESPN will televise a Wild Card playoff game during 2014 season, the first NFL playoff game in company’s 35-year history.

jon-gruden-fist-pound-fail.gif

Woooo, more Gruden!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Happy birthday Kave! I'm on team old as well. Turn 33 this October.

I would guess our average age is like 27 or 28. Gata is weighing us down!

Here's a tricky conversation starter. How would you react if your favorite player was a gigantic racist/bigot? Would you actively want them off the team even though your team would be way worse? Assuming that his beliefs didn't impact the teams performance in any way, how should it be handled?

Also keep in mind that many NFL players aren't exactly role models or amazing human beings to begin with (like deadbeat dad Urlacher).

Or we can just talk about the next fattest quarterback and his food preferences.

Here's a tricky conversation starter. How would you react if your favorite player was a gigantic racist/bigot? Would you actively want them off the team even though your team would be way worse? Assuming that his beliefs didn't impact the teams performance in any way, how should it be handled?

Also keep in mind that many NFL players aren't exactly role models or amazing human beings to begin with (like deadbeat dad Urlacher).

Or we can just talk about the next fattest quarterback and his food preferences.

Personally I don't care as long as they keep it to themselves, I don't idolize football players (or anyone really) so I don't care what they believe as long as they are good and help the team win, when idiots like incognito start to show their idiocy, that's when it's time to go. (Not that he was all that good or worth keeping anyways).

Riley Cooper isnt anyone in Phillys favorite player if that is what you are asking.

I just picture Peyton (not my favorite player but a favorite of many) in a Press Conference, just saying out of the blue, "But seriously, White is the superior Race."

I'd like to congratulate Kave on joining Team 31.

As long as they don't support the Patriots or Liverpool I reckon I could handle them being total arseholes. If the entire team was full of Incognitos and management didn't give a fuck then I might be a little hesitant to cheer them on.

Talon

If you're looking to an athlete to be a role model, you're looking in the wrong direction.

That said, there are a handful of unacceptable traits in my book:
1. Being a devout racist.
2. Being a clear and explicit asshole - particularly to team staff.
3. Being a complete bigot.
4. Being a QB that is shorter than 6'1".

Clearly I can't hold "being stupid" in this list considering that would eliminate about 90% of the NFL.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Personally I don't care as long as they keep it to themselves, I don't idolize football players (or anyone really) so I don't care what they believe as long as they are good and help the team win, when idiots like incognito start to show their idiocy, that's when it's time to go. (Not that he was all that good or worth keeping anyways).

See that's generally my thinking on it. As long as they aren't going around preaching it, I'm okay with it. Probably won't be buying their jersey anytime soon.

Riley Cooper isnt anyone in Phillys favorite player if that is what you are asking.

:jnc

I just picture Peyton (not my favorite player but a favorite of many) in a Press Conference, just saying out of the blue, "But seriously, White is the superior Race."

That's kind of the scenario I'm imagining. Basically how badly would do you want your team to win versus social decency.

squicken

I wouldn't feel like the team needed to cut the player, but I would obviously be disappointed personally. My chief concern would be how it would affect locker room chemistry. Where I draw the line with players is when they actually hurt others, particularly women and/or children. To me it just seems bizarre to hate a guy like Cooper more than Suggs or Ray Rice

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I wouldn't feel like the team needed to cut the player, but I would obviously be disappointed personally. My chief concern would be how it would affect locker room chemistry. Where I draw the line with players is when they actually hurt others, particularly women and/or children. To me it just seems bizarre to hate a guy like Cooper more than Suggs or Ray Rice

To me that's another core issue. Fans tolerate different things (see rape and murder for the steelers and ravens respectively) for the desire to have a winning team. On the other end of the spectrum, fans tend to project their morals onto players they like and believe that they're great people (Tom Brady for Pats fans even though he's a convicted cheater).

brentech

WYTtJcU.png

Has Kave been asked to write an artice like this?

I'm a cat hockey fan. We do exist.
I don't know how many are there because they're fans or whether it's just something to do, but there are a lot here in Cleveland at the lake Erie monsters games. And that shit is the AHL.

MRSA

Banned
Happy birthday Kave you old fuck. As you get older you'll notice that your shame circle will continue to shrink and be even more insular.

Speaking of birthdays, I'm going to a bday dinner tonight.

dionysus

Yaldog
Judging by the dating threads in OT, humans are going to become an endangered species soon.

Gaming will never be mainstream as natural selection ensures we won't reproduce enough to become a majority.That being said I already got 2 successors and will probably have about 5 when all is said and done, so I am doing my part.

David Wilson said he was not told he was in any danger continuing his career after his spinal fusion surgery.

Ralph Vacchiano @RVacchianoNYDN · 23m

David Wilson said no one advised him against continuing his career after neck surgery. Is he taking a risk? "Not at all," he said.

He'll be going in for an MRI soon to make sure the surgery was a complete success. It has to show proper fusion and if so, he said he expects to be cleared for OTA activities.

It would be a great boost to have Wilson back in the lineup. We'll have Rashad Jennings in there to take the work load and let Wilson ease back in. Hopefully he can put a rough two seasons behind him and get some of that speed and playmaking ability on the field for us.

Top Bottom