• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

BigAT

Hello friends.

Today is my birthday. I am now 100 percent a full fledged member of team old at age 31.

I hope the schedule is released today so I can see the browns get a prime time game not on Thursday night!

How many is that in human years?

How can you accurately say he didn't learn anything his first year? Jason Campbell was the entrenched starter during his first year. He needed that year to develop because he didn't have the offseason every rookie QB coming out the draft has. Remember the fact that he was a supplemental pick playing a really difficult position. Andrew Luck, RG3, Cam, and Russell have fooled us into thinking every QB has to become a pro bowl caliber player their firsf year or it means they're a bust.

If any other young QB had a 135 QB rating with his height we'd say he was the second coming. Skip Baseless would say he's arrived. LOL at that being OK. As for his struggles, the TP is still learning.

Like I said, he didn't get a fair shot in Oakland. They brought in Matt Flynn, drafted Tyler Wilson and drafted brought in Matt McGloin during the same time frame. That's not the sign of a GM that believes in TP. That's not the sign of a coaching staff that believes in TP. Remember Matt Flynn was supposed to start initially. The Oakland GM is fighting for his job so I understand the hesistation in backing someone he didn't want on the team.

Supplemental draft picks aren't supposed to last in the league yet alone generate trade value so Oakland won. Seattle gives him time to start over and develop. They believe in developing players and competition at every position so TP will have to earn a roster spot.

What are you talking about he didn't have a full off-season? Of course he did. I can accurately say he didn't improve, because he didn't, that was evident when he couldn't sniff any snaps from Kyle Boller his 1st year and then Lienhart his 2nd. Until the final game of the season, when there really wasn't any reason not to give him a shot.

2 full seasons to learn and develop before starting. He wasn't rushed he wasn't thrown into the fire and expected to succeed right off the bat.

Yeah he had a high rating in the San Diego game, his highest of his career. However if you actually watched the game you would have seen he made a couple big plays, and then struggled moving the ball and offense as usual. Our defense and special teams ended up winning that game for us, 5 turnovers by San Diego.

Also these are his stats for the rest of the year

gKzr7OP.jpg

This is the difference in the offense once McGloin took over

BcJz1vyCQAENr1N.png:large

And lets not forget this stat

Favorite Terrelle Pryor stat:

Levi Damien ‏@LeviDamien 12h
My favorite indisputable stat: Pryor 31 sacks in 9 starts. McGloin 6 sacks in 6 starts. Take away Pryor 9 sack game, still nearly 3 to 1

Hello friends.

Today is my birthday. I am now 100 percent a full fledged member of team old at age 31.

I hope the schedule is released today so I can see the browns get a prime time game not on Thursday night!

Happy Birthday Kave!! Hope you have some nice cat nip! I shall join you at 31 in exactly 2 weeks :(

Steve Reed ‏@SteveReedAP 5m
Newton called himself "the team leader of this organization." First time I've heard him say that. Clearly the team wants him to take reigns

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Steve Reed ‏@SteveReedAP 5m
Newton called himself "the team leader of this organization." First time I've heard him say that. Clearly the team wants him to take reigns

Remember when they wanted Peppers to be the team leader, he said fuck no then quit and left to Chicago?

Who's the QB for Da Bears again?

MechDX

McLovin will never amount to anything in the NFL. he will burn out within two years and get at least one coach fired. He will be an arrogant cancer on a team and tear it down with his off field nonsense and inferiority complex.

MechDX

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 3m
ESPN will televise a Wild Card playoff game during 2014 season, the first NFL playoff game in company’s 35-year history.

jon-gruden-fist-pound-fail.gif

Fox318

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 3m
ESPN will televise a Wild Card playoff game during 2014 season, the first NFL playoff game in company’s 35-year history.

ESPN contract with the NFL is insane. They have to have two seprate hour long shows everyday about the NFL and Sportscenter must mention a NFL story everyday.

All for them to have the rights to Monday noight football games that almost nobody cares about and is almost never exciting.

Look at last season. How many of the games were good?

Panthers-Patriots, Jets-Falcons, and maybe Texans-Chargers?

MechDX

ESPN contract with the NFL is insane. They have to have two seprate hour long shoes everyday about the NFL and Sportscenter must mention a NFL story everyday.

All for them to have the rights to Monday noight football games that almost nobody cares about and is almost never exciting.

Look at last season. How many of the games were good?

Panthers-Patriots, Jets-Falcons, and maybe Texans-Chargers?

Our Superbowl! Fuck you Nori Chan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MechDX

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL · 1m
I think if the Texans stay at 1, they'll take Clowney or Manziel. If they trade down and both are gone, they'll take Bortles or Mack.

HA Squicken! Your boy covers all the bases. He cant be wrong now!

squicken

Hello friends.

Welcome fellow old. No schedule announcement today, so our people can safely retire for the evening at the preferred 6 pm. May Matlock keep you

Happy Birthday, kave!

On Will Hill:

Ralph Vacchiano @RVacchianoNYDN · 53s

From what I'm told, Will Hill is NOT facing a year-long suspension, so it would then be in the 6-8-game range, depending on the specifics.

MechDX

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 2m
On this day in 1991, Brett Favre took the call that told him the Falcons drafted him in round 2... pic.twitter.com/RudMLYE8Kj

Bl1l_E8IcAAnIOk.jpg:large

dead sexy Brent

Sources with the team are saying he's done with the Giants no matter what the end results of the appeal are. Can't say I blame Reese at all. He said he would cut him loose at the first sign of trouble in 2012. Two suspensions later and now a third likely one coming is more than enough opportunity. Thankfully, we've got some nice depth at safety. Though with Rolle being on the last year of his contract, it doesn't remove safety as a possibility in the draft if the Giants like one of the big two safeties this year.

squicken

Gruden did a writeup (Insider$$) on all the QBs from the QB camp. Here is sort of the good and bad of Teddy from the piece

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draf...water?ex_cid=InsiderTwitter_GRUDENBRIDGEWATER

2. Bridgewater is not an electrifying athlete

He is not Johnny Manziel or Cam Newton, quarterbacks whose excellent athleticism might help make up for any holes in their passing ability. Bridgewater is a pocket passer, a West Coast passer. That is why I was so excited to see him. I'm tired of looking at bubble screens and no-huddle up-tempo Conference USA passes. I like to see people who have progressions and clocks in their heads, guys who can manage a lot of different situations.

Bridgewater remembers everything. There wasn't a play that came up in our meeting where he couldn't tell you exactly what happened. That means he has got it. He has a great memory, great retention, and it means a lot to him. He has taken hard coaching. These guys have been hard on him at Louisville. As soon as a play comes up, he says, "I shouldn't have thrown the post, I have to hit the flat." He has a really good grasp of the offense.

3. He handled 72 Dusty just fine

That is the play I've been running every one of these guys through, just to see how they read things. I went over it with Manziel. We have three receivers to one side and an X receiver on the back side, and usually we'll want to throw the ball underneath. When you try to evaluate Manziel or Blake Bortles or Derek Carr or Teddy Bridgewater, you have to look at the film, the level of competition, the plays and how they were executed.

But when you can look at old 72 Dusty, a play that has been around forever, you see 27 times when Bridgewater ran it, 27 times when Manziel ran it, 25 times when Bortles ran it. I can see how disciplined they are in their progression; I can see the results, I can see the accuracy, the rhythm, the overall sophistication. Bridgewater was impressive, thorough. Against certain coverages, I read it the way he read it. I am learning here, too.

4. Bridgewater has to improve his passing ability

As much as I enjoyed meeting with Bridgewater and speaking the same West Coast language, he did spray the ball a little bit during our workout on the field. This was routes against air, and this has got to be much better. I think he can do that. This was a new ball, new drills, new receivers. He has to be more compact throwing the ball. Shoulder up, shoulder sideways, shoulder down. He has to relax and rely on his fundamentals and his training and I think he'll be OK.

He does have good accuracy, but his goal is to become a really accurate passer, and to do that, he must continue to refine his stroke. When you look at his film, he has a lot of talent. He can throw it, and he can manage a sophisticated scheme. He has a lot to work with. Some NFL team is going to get a heckuva player. But like so many of the other quarterbacks in this class, he's an underclassman, not a finished product, and that makes it tougher to say that he'll be ready right away.

Top Bottom