• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Never got a chance to put in another Mario Golf score, so I'm pretty sure Darkest Red gets the trophy this time around. I'll post the final scores later when I get a chance.

Also, I found this interesting:

Marcus Breslin could become first NCAA football player to receive a payout on a loss of value insurance policy:

Breslin could collect between $750,000 and $1 million after his draft stock plummeted following an injury plagued 2013 season.

Before his senior season, Breslin reportedly took out a policy that provided him with at least $2 million of coverage in the event an injury affected his draft status.

In 2012, Breslin tied for fifth nationally in sacks (13), had the most tackles for loss (19.5) by a USC player since 2003 and was among six finalists for the Ted Hendricks award given to college football’s best defensive end. Last year, however, he played in just five games because of a sports hernia that required hip surgery and wasn’t invited to the NFL combine. Breslin had 4.5 sacks and eight tackles for loss before his season ended.

Isnt this typical of Minnesota?

I live in a historic neighborhood on a bluff above downtown saintpaul. Its a very old building but it is in a nice neighborhood. For reference I can walk to the Xcel Energy Center in less than 15 minutes despite being in a residential area. What Im trying to say is, not in this part of town.

Surprisingly its not expensive, I live here because I can walk downtown to work but the apartment is a shoebox. Tons of units in the building but nothing. Most places in this area are $$$$$$$.

Its kinda weird.

bionic77

the window was closed and then boarded up. but then my boy blame crashed through it with a viscous right shoulder and let all of our ruffians into the superbowl house. sorry bro's!
Goodell doesn't tolerate that sort of rough play anymore brah.

Might want to stick with that choker pussy Kap and hope for the best.

cajunator

Banned
I live in a historic neighborhood on a bluff above downtown saintpaul. Its a very old building but it is in a nice neighborhood. For reference I can walk to the Xcel Energy Center in less than 15 minutes despite being in a residential area. What Im trying to say is, not in this part of town.

Surprisingly its not expensive, I live here because I can walk downtown to work but the apartment is a shoebox. Tons of units in the building but nothing. Most places in this area are $$$$$$$.

Its kinda weird.

Sounds like a nice area. I often "commute" with Lamborghinis and such. Feels weird.

minx

No we're not.

If I have to post Stafford passing stats to get some discussion going by the Football Gods I will.

Lions defensive line is the best in the league. How are you going run a. 3-4 defense with JJ Watt and Clowney? You can't. B.O.B. Should've gone with Manziel and drafted a dline man in the 2nd round.

Page 275 was amazing.

Best defensive line in football? Prove it. Show me the stats to back it up. I'll get you started. The Lions only had 33 sacks last year.

Spinluck

Get out.

This comparison is Gata levels of stupid.

Pierce should never be compared to Kobe or any other great players. He is a punk ass bitch. He is almost as bad as KG.

Never said he was never good!

I just feel like he is what Kobe would be if he was slow and out of shape.

Sounds like a nice area. I often "commute" with Lamborghinis and such. Feels weird.

It really is. I dont make great money yet so I'm thankful I can afford my apartment but its tiny as hell.
image001.jpg

I live about two blocks from that cathedral.
I want to keep living here but I need something bigger.

But seriously I dont think I have any neighbors.

LJ11

I bet you Pettine secretly loves the wr situation.

Means they will focus on running the ball more instead of shanahan running the Pistol offense

Pistol is about running the ball though. It allows you to get a downhill zone blocking scheme, with TE/H-Backs/FBs if you choose to use them, and still utilize ball fakes, boot rollouts and the like, since your HB isn't even with your QB like he would be in a traditional Gun scheme.

I don't think he's going to want Manziel to run the ball as much as some of the other QBs (cough RG3 cough), he'll be pragmatic, but I expect to see the Pistol in some form.

squicken

Pistol is about running the ball though. It allows you to get a downhill zone blocking scheme, with TE/H-Backs/FBs if you choose to use them, and still utilize ball fakes, boot rollouts and the like, since your HB isn't even with your QB like he would be in a traditional Gun scheme.

I don't think he's going to want Manziel to run the ball as much as some of the other QBs (cough RG3 cough), he'll be pragmatic, but I expect to see the Pistol in some form.

The thing with the pistol and read option is it really isn't meeting Manziel halfway like Shanny did with RG3. A&M is a shotgun spread Air Raid (not telling you anything you don't know) team which obviously adapted things for his running. Manziel really didn't run much pistol. I think they'd be better served getting him under center and drilling in the fundamentals of that.

If they were really going to run a JFF offense, they'd be doing what New England does, but there's just no way they commit to that if they are talking about Hoyer as a starter

Id like to see him play to that level and give the Lions fans something to be happy about for once. Ill take the bet (as long as it doesnt change my cute avatars)

edit hold on a fucking minute. you reduced the TDs to 37. Bet off if youre gonna edit shit.

37 seems more fair but we can make it 40. Either would be amazing and suggest Stafford was having a great year.

If you give this offense to Manning you easily get 5k yards, 40+ TDs, 13-14 wins, etc.

Top Bottom