• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

D9332BD9-F771-4198-A0EF-93DC31397DD3_zpsv2znwued.gif

*giggle*

squicken

Why post a damn insider piece? I aint giving BSPN any damn money

I just wanted to post the link containing the data point I posted. I think Sando is one of the 5 best NFL writers out there, so I have no issue giving them the $8/yr, but I can see not wanting to give them any money for the way they cover sports

e: Rookies and the defenses they will face. Easy road for Teddy, tougher for JFF made worse w/o Gordon

capturebezy3.jpg

Striker

Joe Haden getting paid:

Garafolo posted: Haden deal is worth $58 million over a 5-year extension. As @ProFootballTalk said: $45 million in total guarantees.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Insider piece looking at how rookie QBs will be expected to do, and an interesting tidbit is Sando expects STL to play 8 games vs defense in top quartile, whereas Cincy will play just 1. Both Dalton and Bradford could be in their last year with their team, and something like that is pretty relevant

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/mike-sando/post?id=8251

Squick, I'm not paying $3.33 a month for ESPN.

From the brief snippet in the article still no mentions of Stafford. The whole world is sleeping on him and I can't wait till he drops 4 TDs a game on all y'all.

He has already proven himself, why are you sleeping on him ESPN/NFL? Is it because he doesn't post on Twitter everyday?

Bowser

Squick, I'm not paying $3.33 a month for ESPN.

From the brief snippet in the article still no mentions of Stafford. The whole world is sleeping on him and I can't wait till he drops 4 TDs a game on all y'all.

He has already proven himself, why are you sleeping on him ESPN/NFL? Is it because he doesn't post on Twitter everyday?

Why would an article about rookie QBs mention Stafford?

Other than to point out that all these rookies have a much better/less borked throwing motion?

MechDX

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/a...-volumes/d91f3548-183c-4c38-a126-800da63f03aa

To answer that question, we must first look at what the Texans were. I’d never call an NFL team soft or finesse, but the Texans reputation throughout the league wasn’t one that elicited fear of being physically manhandled for 60 minutes. Many thought the zone blocking scheme exacerbated that reputation, regardless of how erroneous those thoughts may have been.

That all changed after this draft was over.

The Texans draftees are big, fast and physical, stressing the big, fast and physical parts. UCLA G/T Xavier Su’a-Filo was the best run blocking interior lineman I studied. Iowa TE C.J Fiedrorowicz was the best Y (in-line, tradition) tight end on the board and clearly the best run blocking tight end in this draft class.

Notre Dame NT Louis Nix is 330 pounds, give or take a few biscuits, and when healthy, he’s the best nose tackle in this class and it’s not even close. Auburn FB Jay Prosch was so highly thought of as a blocker that Auburn ran nearly its entire offense behind him. I saw him bury linebackers at the Senior Bowl, but more importantly, I HEARD it. You can hear physical players and teams; you don’t need to see them.

And, I haven’t even mentioned the guy that went number one who’s pretty good, too. I seem to remember a hit that he had that more than proves my point.

All ten selections may not make the team and it’s a near impossibility for all ten to be here two or three years into the future. But, that’s not the point. Teams around the league took notice of what Rick Smith and Bill O’Brien did throughout this draft. You coming to Reliant/NRG Stadium this year? Gear up, buckle up and ice up…it’s going to be a long day. I like that. A lot.

John Harris write up on Texans drfat and nails my feelings almost exactly. BOB's fingerprints and what he want is all over this draft

Joe Haden getting paid:

Garafolo posted: Haden deal is worth $58 million over a 5-year extension. As @ProFootballTalk said: $45 million in total guarantees.

Nice! He deserved it. Great to have two younger corners locked up for a long time now. Nice to see Jimmy H actually using some of that Cap room.

squicken

Most games vs top-tier defenses since 2010: Browns 23, Ravens 22, Rams 22. Fewest: Bucs, Panthers, Texans and Jets 12 each.

Got that from Sando. Didn't expect to see Cam with such a soft schedule. Might also put Flacco in a different context. Middling QB play vs a killer schedule isn't that bad

MRSA

Banned
Oh my sweet Tebow, I was reminded that the Raiders drafted Derek Carr, god he's terrible. Just rewatch his final game against USC, the only competent defense he's faced and he fuckin blew it.

Striker

Got that from Sando. Didn't expect to see Cam with such a soft schedule. Might also put Flacco in a different context. Middling QB play vs a killer schedule isn't that bad
Seems frequent to see the AFCN teams with above-average defenses at the least. What helps unibrow is his defense stopping the opposing offenses and getting shorter fields.

MechDX

Oh my sweet Tebow, I was reminded that the Raiders drafted Derek Carr, god he's terrible. Just rewatch his final game against USC, the only competent defense he's faced and he fuckin blew it.

A Carr & Schaub on a team that's NOT located in Houston.

This makes me smile.

Fox318

Is Tebow going to try out for an NFL or CFL team?

Right now the Only NFL team that I can see giving him a shot is the Fish once Philbin is fired.

squicken

Seems frequent to see the AFCN teams with above-average defenses at the least. What helps unibrow is his defense stopping the opposing offenses and getting shorter fields.

Good point. I was so glad we started getting good drive stats last year. I know BAL has had consistently good ST over the years as well

So you're a Dolphins fan that never watched the Dolphins the last 10-15 years?

This:

Don't you bad mouth Pennington, you cranky yankee!

At least when the Dolphins have a sucky QB they move on fairly quickly, unlike the Jets who stick with a guy like Sanchez for years longer than they should.

What did the jets do this offseason? Keep Geno and sign Vick? So more trash at the QB position. Nice.

BigAT

CBs getting paid. Somewhere Patrick Peterson is licking his lips.

And somewhere FMT is preparing a post about Peterson being shit.

Top Bottom