• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Cant wait for Houston sports radio this afternoon.

"If they would have drafted Manzeil he would stay!"
"Curse of VY!"

And yes on my drive home last night someone called in saying the Texans need to sign VY. He just hasn't been given a real chance.

Sounds like Cashman calling Houston radio.

Did he mention Colt McCoy too?

jbug617

Banned
“I actually told my agent that that’s not the place where I wanted to be,” everyone said of Cleveland.

Cleveland is on the come up though

Cleveland: Located across the Cuyahoga River, west of downtown Cleveland, Ohio City is home to the bustling West Side Market, a six-acre urban farm, a growing number of ethnic eateries and some of the city's trendiest nightlife. Its growing reputation as an outstanding brewery district, filled with local breweries and hipster-dwelling beer bars, earned it a coveted spot on USA Today's list of the "10 great places to bar hop around the world."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/exper...ng-neighborhoods-explore-this-summer/8814935/

ShaneB

Teddy Bitchwater.

I'd have a tonne more respect for an athlete that comes out and says they want to go to a troubled franchise and be the one to turn it around.

Fuck any rookie that comes into a league and thinks they can pick and choose. You're lucky as shit to even make it to the NFL, time to be a man and play wherever someone wants you.

The Stafford downfall post Megatron trade would be amazing for Kas purposes.

xua8Y6G.png

"Let's look at the numbers of that last game. 18-39, 224 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs. Technically this is quite an impressive performance given the receivers available, and equivalent to a 10th grader getting a D in a college course. It may be a "bad" grader for an adult, but for a 10th grade it might as well be an A+."

Narag

Teddy Bitchwater.

I'd have a tonne more respect for an athlete that comes out and says they want to go to a troubled franchise and be the one to turn it around.

Fuck any rookie that comes into a league and thinks they can pick and choose. You're lucky as shit to even make it to the NFL, time to be a man and play wherever someone wants you.

Troubled franchise tends to indicate inept coaching/front office that won't be around long. Nobody wants instability in their work place.

Teddy Bitchwater.

I agree 100%. At least Manziel fully embraces Cleveland and seems ready to get to work. If he gives it his all then he will be a legend in that state. I hope JFF is able to pull it off.

I'm fine with what Bridgewater did. People deserve to have some say where they go.

It's why my favorite stories in the NFL are Barry Sanders retiring young with 4 years left on his contract rather than spend even one more day as a Detroit Lion, and Bill Belichick becoming head coach of the Jets and quitting the job that same day at the same press conference by writing on a handkerchief "I resign as HC of the NYJ"

ShaneB

Troubled franchise tends to indicate inept coaching/front office that won't be around long. Nobody wants instability in their work place.

And that is certainly a fair and valid point, and there are always applicable teams in all sports where that is true. I just have an issue with an up and coming player saying something like that instead of saying something like "yeah, It's a tough spot, but I feel confident in my ability that I would be a difference maker there, but that's just how the draft goes", etc etc, sports cliché 101.

I agree 100%. At least Manziel fully embraces Cleveland and seems ready to get to work. If he gives it his all then he will be a legend in that state. I hope JFF is able to pull it off.

Indeed, looks like he's got the right attitude moving forward, so all the best to him.

Narag

And that is certainly a fair and valid point, and there are always applicable teams in all sports where that is true. I just have an issue with an up and coming player saying something like that instead of saying something like "yeah, It's a tough spot, but I feel confident in my ability that I would be a difference maker there, but that's just how the draft goes", etc etc, sports cliché 101.

If this is about his Cleveland comment, it's not entirely uncommon for players to be bitter for being passed on, is it? Heck, Manziel was saying the Texans would regret not taking him #1 back in February although it's debatable if he was more worried about the team he was going to or his draft position there.

Puts on my lawyer hat

If the Detroit Lions lose Calvin "Megatron" Johnson, in the opinion of most qualified experts the best player on the team and one of the best players in the NFL, it would represent a significant alteration (in a detrimental manner) to the quality of the team mentioned. Such an alteration would mean that the team as currently constituted is fundamentally and irreconcilably different than it was at the time when Grover Cleveland made the wager. Thus, it is the opinion of this poster that the wager should be considered null and void.

Takes lawyer hat off

But I'm a man of my word so I'll honor it.

Restore the Roar 2014

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Lots of anger in ESPN about Jimmy H. saying that as of right now Manziel is the backup to Hoyer.

Despite the fact he said he will compete for the starter's role.

Puts on my lawyer hat

If the Detroit Lions lose Calvin "Megatron" Johnson, in the opinion of most qualified experts the best player on the team and one of the best players in the NFL, it would represent a significant alteration (in a detrimental manner) to the quality of the team mentioned. Such an alteration would mean that the team as currently constituted is fundamentally and irreconcilably different than it was at the time when Grover Cleveland made the wager. Thus, it is the opinion of this poster that the wager should be considered null and void.

Takes lawyer hat off

But I'm a man of my word so I'll honor it.

Restore the Roar 2014
nope

squicken

-I'm guessing 31 fan message boards are clamoring for Andre Johnson. Even kas probably would trade some picks for AJ. $12m in dead money if Texans trade him

-Megatron has a bad knee. Lions doctors know more about that than we do. If they think he is breaking down, then choosing Suh and Stafford over him makes sense

-Cleve has barred national media from OTAs and mini-camps. PR people are saying they don't want a "Tebow situation".

-Teddy is salty b/c he thought he was going to get drafted by CLE and he was Minnesota's 2nd choice. He should be happy he lucked into the better team

Nakazato

Aj to reteam with kubes in Bmore.

Championship !

AJ #1

Torrey #2

Agent 89 #1a

God that sounds amazing would be the WR core Joe has ever had

Smokey

Andre crying yet it's his fault. He had multiple chances to leave and go somewhere else but he chose to trust kubiak. You chose wrong and now he wants to cry about it.

Dre's mad they didn't draft JFF, and there's no resolution to Qb tehehe
Probably still wouldn't want to play here -_- we got Kyle Shanny though ... Dream alive
Told you all! Cleve is a wonderful place!
Teddy Bitchwater.
Was rooting for Teddy before, but not anymore.
Lots of anger in ESPN about Jimmy H. saying that as of right now Manziel is the backup to Hoyer.

Despite the fact he said he will compete for the starter's role.
I've come to realize anything we do will be under intense scrutiny for the next year

bionic77

So Megatron will probably go to the AFC (Lions are smart enough to get him out of the division). Who in the AFC had the assets and cap space to make that trade? Do the Browns make sense? And how much say does he have in where he goes?

Finally the most important question. How long does it take for KAS to turn hypocrite and turn on Stafford once he is exposed as a bum once this trade goes through?

JABEE

Brian T. Smith ‏@ChronBrianSmith · 15m
Andre Johnson: "This offseason has been very frustrating for me." Doesn't plan to attend OTAs. #Texans

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli · 13m
Andre Johnson says he's been wondering if this is the place for him. Says he doesn't plan to be at OTAs or minicamp currently. #Texans

Brian T. Smith ‏@ChronBrianSmith · 17m
Andre Johnson: "Is this still the place for me?"

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli · 12m
Johnson said losing has been frustrating him. Mentioned being on his third head coach. #Texans

Sigh.......Bye Dre.
Andre Johnson would look great in Philadelphia!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Dre's mad they didn't draft JFF, and there's no resolution to Qb tehehe
Probably still wouldn't want to play here -_- we got Kyle Shanny though ... Dream alive

Told you all! Cleve is a wonderful place!

Was rooting for Teddy before, but not anymore.

I've come to realize anything we do will be under intense scrutiny for the next year

I wonder at what point they flex us into a prime time game, probably not this year if Josh Gordon is suspended. :(

I wonder at what point they flex us into a prime time game, probably not this year if Josh Gordon is suspended. :(
I think we got a good chance. After the results of the MNF preseason game they won't have a choice! Gruden will go crazy over JFF , and he'll call our Wrs scrappy.

But I gotta say I like our early start times every week

Ok guys it's time for a breakdown of the Bears and how they will dominate the NFC not just this year but in the years to come.

We have three legit Pro-Bowl corners with the addition of Kyle Fuller. Zach Bowman ain't too shabby either TBH. Charles Tillman also has fresh legs from being hurt most of last season. Tim Jennings also is young despite being 30 as he was not really relied upon earlier in his career. This will combat all of the receivers that the Packers find off the street. Also Megatron always chokes when he has to face off against Peanut Tillman, a man whose number will be retired by the end of his career.

Now our safety situation is not super great, but they all have something to prove. Mundy has a chance to be a starter. Conte has a chance at redemption for knocking the Bears out of the playoffs. MD Jennings has a chance to face the Packers twice a year. Brock Vereen has the chance to be better than his brother. It will be an interesting competition to say the least.

The defensive line is much improved, Ferguson and Sutton will eat up the run along with Ratliff. Houston and Allen along with Willie Young will terrorize the QB at all times. And notorious QB destroyer Shea McCellin will take the next step into becoming a beast LB.

The offense is set up to be elite, with top 7 QB Jay Cutler manning the reigns. Kadeem Carey is a beast of a backup and will be the surprise player on the offense with at least 5 TD's scored. Marshall and Jeffery will beast again while Marquiss Wilson becomes a reliable #3 receiver and shows off the 1st round potential that Experts like Mel Kiper and Todd Mcshay thought that he had at Washington State.

#WakeUpTheMidwayMonsters2014

I think 9-7 should be enough for us to get in the playoffs right?

Narag

Sep 29, 2013 vs SEA
Oct 6, 2013 vs SF
Nov 17, 2013 vs OAK
Dec 5, 2013 vs JAX (grats gata)
Dec 15, 2013 vs IND
Dec 22, 2013 vs DEN

OK, I'll put this in terms that you can understand:

I bet on Lions with Megatron. Lions without Megatron are poopy sauce. Unfair to hold me to bet.

But I'm not a bitch, so I'll go through with it.
What if he blew out his knee is training camp? You bet on the Lions period. Should have mentioned specific conditions if you had them when the bet was made.

Top Bottom