• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

2hg4dtztodg.gif

FMT's bat signal

MechDX

Remember when I mentioned about a poster, at a Texans forum I regularly visit, had this info about Dre possibly retiring? I said take it with a huge grain of salt. Well after todays comments the same poster added to his original comments:

Might as well tell what I know now. I sent three people the short version. This is the whole version minus who told me this information. I would appreciate the people I told not make it public who told me this.

There was a team meeting a few days before the draft. I don't know if it was a mandatory meeting or who was all there, I just know that it was a team meeting. Before the meeting A Johnson pulled D Hopkins to the side and told him "it's time for you to step up and become the man now. I don't think have it anymore and I'm thinking about getting out". Then A Johnson entered the meeting and announced his feelings to his team mates and coaches.

I asked my friend what AJ meant by "don't have it anymore". He said the energy to go through another rebuild at this point in his career. At least that's how he took it. Said he didn't press too much for more information.

The guys I PMed can verify this minus the team meeting. I didn't mention the meeting part to them. Wanted to keep it short.

Now I just want to cry. Dre is going to go all Barry Sanders on us.

Draxal

I was like that around 2000 to about 2004, team was pretty bad so it didn't help matters, but got back into it right after the lockout. I'll be honest, nothing will ever top 94, maybe not even the Bills finally winning a Superbowl. You guys should have seen my room as a kid, it was a Rangers shrine, newspaper clippings, photos everywhere, shirts, jerseys. Complete fanatic, and I'll never forgot '94. Rangers have a lifetime of goodwill with me.

I'll be real here, by far the biggest block for me is no JD/Rosen.

I don't think Lebron will ever be Jordan, but Lebron is miles better than KD.

Lebron dropping 49 on the road while MVP KD is out here choking while his "sidekick" is the only one keeping his team in the game at home.

rando14

I don't think Lebron will ever be Jordan, but Lebron is miles better than KD.

Lebron dropping 49 on the road while MVP KD is out here choking while his "sidekick" is the only one keeping his team in the game at home.

Thunder ain't winning nothin', not with Ynot as their alpha male and Scott Brooks as their "coach".

Seattle might be a crap sports town but we got powerful curses brah!! :cool:

Narag

Remember when I mentioned about a poster, at a Texans forum I regularly visit, had this info about Dre possibly retiring? I said take it with a huge grain of salt. Well after todays comments the same poster added to his original comments:

Now I just want to cry. Dre is going to go all Barry Sanders on us.

Should send him elsewhere so he can enjoy the game again. Can always resign and retire a Texan later.

So did you turds notice that your precious AT&T girl played a hot satanist wearing short skirts and high heels in the latest episode of Silicon Valley.

KD would be amazing on a team with a real PG

Westbrook is a bonehead sometimes but he and KD as a duo are fine, they just need a more varied offense. They need to run more shit for KD off the ball. Let him catch and shoot more. There head coach is a dipshit. Reminds me of Del Harris on the Lakers before Phil showed up.

MechDX

http://overthecap.com/thoughts-andre-johnson-lessons-learned-contract/

Johnson carries a salary cap charge in 2014 of $15,644,583 and a cash contract value of $11 million. If traded before June 1, Johnson’s cap charge for the Texans would be $11,964,166 representing a savings of $3,680,417 against the cap. If traded after June 1 the Texans would take a $4.644 million cap charge in 2014 and a $7.319 million charge in 2015. In either scenario the trade would help rather than hurt the Texans salary cap.

The more difficult aspect of the trade is to find a trade partner. Johnson has $34.5 million remaining on his contract, a huge number for a player that is about to turn 33 years old. While Johnson plays at a far higher level than his peers at that age, players like Anquan Boldin and Wes Welker are working for $6 million a season. To complicate matters Johnson would likely want an extension or some type of guarantee on his contract.

Only 12 potential destinations could absorb his $11 million salary without touching the contract. Of those 13 only the Bengals, Eagles, Packers , and Colts would be considered sure fire contenders and most of those squads are set at the WR position. Fringe playoff teams with the room would include the Jets, Dolphins, and Bills. Buffalo would certainly have no interest and Miami is already overspent at the position.

Westbrook is a bonehead sometimes but he and KD as a duo are fine, they just need a more varied offense. They need to run more shit for KD off the ball. Let him catch and shoot more. There head coach is a dipshit. Reminds me of Del Harris on the Lakers before Phil showed up.

Scott Brooks is allergic to a clipboard.

Just roll the ball out and KD and Russ will figure something out

Oh man this Clippers game. CP3 chokes it away and the refs fuck them over. What a circus.

If I was a Clippers fan I'd be pissed.

I need to find a sport where the refs don't matter much.

Maybe you guys are right I need to play Golf or something...

Football and Basketball are way too damn ref dependent.

Top Bottom