• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Trey

It does my heart good to see Fitz somehow landing starting gigs.

I would like to see Megatron go to the Colts. Catch tds from a real quarterback.

Konka

Banned
This is why you're such a good friend. You understand amazing women.

Coldplay does not, he thinks Milana is fat.

It's sad to see.

milana-vayntrub-4.jpg

MRSA

Banned
Its hospital week so tonight we got catering from a local burger joint, brought their own food truck here. The girls were hot, should've been in bikinis for ultimate appreciation of hospital staff.

Not sure if it's been posted before, but former Bill first round pick Aaron Maybin retired from the Toronto Argonauts at the ripe old age of 26. Looking back, that 2009 draft might go down as one of the worst ever.

Jason Smith, Tyson Jackson, Aaron Curry, Mark Sanchez, Andre Smith, and Darrius Heyward-Bey were all taken in the top seven picks. Just horrendous

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Its hospital week so tonight we got catering from a local burger joint, brought their own food truck here. The girls were hot, should've been in bikinis for ultimate appreciation of hospital staff.

I wish I worked at a hospital. Scrubs makes it look so fun!

squicken

Not sure if it's been posted before, but former Bill first round pick Aaron Maybin retired from the Toronto Argonauts at the ripe old age of 26. Looking back, that 2009 draft might go down as one of the worst ever.

Jason Smith, Tyson Jackson, Aaron Curry, Mark Sanchez, Andre Smith, and Darrius Heyward-Bey were all taken in the top seven picks. Just horrendous

This just shows how great Stafford is. That he could overcome the 0-16 season and 2009 draft class curse

cajunator

Banned

Andre seems to be a decent player. He had that infamous fat running video and subsequent photoshop fun.

squicken

Squicky, how good has Brockers been in your eyes?

Inconsistent. He was pegged for a breakout year last year, but it didn't happen. Some games he is dominant, others he gets pushed around. He's very young for a third year player. Kind of reminds me of Robert Quinn. Lots of talent, but 2 years in he was so inconsistent. Hopefully he blows up like Quinn, but I doubt it.

Can't help but see drafting of Donald as a referendum on Brockers and Langford. Fisher said several times during the year, Long or Quinn beat their man around the edge, only for the QB to step up and deliver a throw due to inadequate interior pressure. Brockers can shut down the run but really doesn't get a consistent push on passing downs

Rams had a huge need at WR and didn't address it. There's lots of ways to try and measure a draft class, and to me, a team trying to contend needs to come out of the offseason w/o glaring holes. STL has a huge problem at WR, the same one they have had since Holt's knees went bad

Mike Tanier has his "grades" for the AFC out, but different format that you'd expect

http://www.sportsonearth.com/articl...aguars-browns-patriots-raiders-broncos#!NodYD

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
This just shows how great Stafford is. That he could overcome the 0-16 season and 2009 draft class curse

Great post, squick .

I remember there was an actual debate of whether Mark Sanchez and Josh Freeman were better than Stafford. It was a hilarious argument at the time, I though, but Stafford put the critics wrong. He will do it again this year.

Restore the Roar 2014 .

Inconsistent. He was pegged for a breakout year last year, but it didn't happen. Some games he is dominant, others he gets pushed around. He's very young for a third year player. Kind of reminds me of Robert Quinn. Lots of talent, but 2 years in he was so inconsistent. Hopefully he blows up like Quinn, but I doubt it.

Can't help but see drafting of Donald as a referendum on Brockers and Langford. Fisher said several times during the year, Long or Quinn beat their man around the edge, only for the QB to step up and deliver a throw due to inadequate interior pressure. Brockers can shut down the run but really doesn't get a consistent push on passing downs

http://www.sportsonearth.com/articl...aguars-browns-patriots-raiders-broncos#!NodYD

I see thanks, I wanted him on the Pats at the time.

Also, "Belichick Knows Better than Mere Mortals" theology" great stuff.

Drakeon

Doesn't matter how good the Rams draft was, They still don't have a QB or and good receivers over 6 feet tall.
I would argue that this indicates they had a bad draft. Although I'd also argue that if they got those it still wouldn't be too much of a help because schottenheimer.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Rams should've gone Watkins over Robinson at #2. Sure they drafted Tavon in last years draft but what's wrong with adding another offensive weapon? It's going to be exciting to see Watkins play this year unless he plays against your team.

Other than that they had a great draft and will be playoff contenders in the NFC West. Since Carson Palmer is a year older I expect a huge drop off for the Cardinals.

Seattle will still be great.

The whole 49ers season imploding will be hilarious to watch. With all the drama surrounding Harbaurb and Kaep I expect a Niners fallout l. By next next season Harbaugh will be coaching JFF in Cleveland with that solid defense and a lot of draft picks to work with.

squicken

Doesn't matter how good the Rams draft was, They still don't have a QB or and good receivers over 6 feet tall.

It's far to reductive to put it on Bradford or the WRs. Fisher hasn't had a good offensive team since Heimerdinger died. He just has this ideal of some defense that gives up 8 points a game and an offense that chews clock and doesn't turn it over

Look at what JAX did in the draft. They took Bortles and then drafted a bunch of offensive players. Tanier called it "saturation drafting". Identify a problem and then attack it. Fisher knows he needs to score points. He has said as much. His plan was to draft offensive linemen. But then, only if Clowney was off the board. Then another, but not if Donald was still on the board. He just can't contain his fetish for large men who play defense

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
If Eric Ebron is half as good as Gronk we'll have a hell of a player.

Gronk, Gates, Vernon Davis and Jimmy Graham have all changed the TE position forever. If Ebron turns into as great as these guys we'll be Super Bowl contenders.

No you. Gronk love will never ever be fined.

He's more than just a man, he's a symbol. The hero we need and deserve.

GRONK! GRONK! GRONK! GRONK!
You know, I guess you're right. He is actually a pretty memorable symbol. The way he disappears at the end of each season is very symbolic of the Patriots during the playoffs.

I guess Gronk isn't all bad.

Bread

Banned

Gronk, Gates, Vernon Davis and Jimmy Graham have all changed the TE position forever. If Ebron turns into as great as these guys we'll be Super Bowl contenders.
so what you're trying to say is...ebron is a TE

You know, I guess you're right. He is actually a pretty memorable symbol. The way he disappears at the end of each season is very symbolic of the Patriots during the playoffs.

I guess Gronk isn't all bad.

Guys, I think we officially have an open spot in the Shirtless League.

Gronk is an Hall of Famer, those other guys are good, but not on Gronk his level.

Drakeon

Rams should've gone Watkins over Robinson at #2. Sure they drafted Tavon in last years draft but what's wrong with adding another offensive weapon? It's going to be exciting to see Watkins play this year unless he plays against your team.

Other than that they had a great draft and will be playoff contenders in the NFC West. Since Carson Palmer is a year older I expect a huge drop off for the Cardinals.

Seattle will still be great.

The whole 49ers season imploding will be hilarious to watch. With all the drama surrounding Harbaurb and Kaep I expect a Niners fallout l. By next next season Harbaugh will be coaching JFF in Cleveland with that solid defense and a lot of draft picks to work with.

Jnc Rams will likely finish last in the West again because they still won't score any points.

Your Harbaugh envy is showing Kas.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Jnc Rams will likely finish last in the West again because they still won't score any points.

Your Harbaugh envy is showing Kas.

I have no envy in Harbaugh. Handshake gate aside and disrespecting Ford Field, he's probably the best HC in the league.

I think the major internal problems the Niners are having will be such a big distraction it will keep them much weaker until Harbauhh or Baalke inevitably leave. The Rams have a solid team and can hang with any team in the league IMO.

Drakeon

I have no envy in Harbaugh. Handshake gate aside and disrespecting Ford Field, he's probably the best HC in the league.

I think the major internal problems the Niners are having will be such a big distraction it will keep them much weaker until Harbauhh or Baalke inevitably leave. The Rams have a solid team and can hang with any team in the league IMO.
What major internal problems? The fact Harbaugh hasnt been signed to an extension yet? Kaps non existent problem in Miami? I'll give you Aldon Smith, but he's the only legit problem.

The HarBaalke tandem is fine. They just killed it at the draft and fleeced the bills for Stevie Johnson for almost nothing.

Top Bottom