• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

MechDX

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-apparent-plans-for-life-after-andre-johnson/

Good point by Florio. Like the Browns, why did HOU not address WR? They had to know that Dre was unhappy, and that things could eventually end in a trade

Stupid ass franchise and GM, whats so hard to understand? :p
Oddly enough WR now would be further down the list of priorities. Hopkins would slide into 1, Posey into 2, Alan Bonner/martin/Mike Thomas at 3. O Brien is going to run a LOT of two TE sets anyway hence the drafting of CJ Fiedorowicz

Face it, Dre doesn't have but two options: play for Houston or retire. If he retires he has to pay back millions of bonus money. he will be there come training camp.

Another interesting cap number: If the Texans cut Foster, Chris Myers, Johnathan Joseph and Dre after the 2014 season they get a cap relief of 45 MILLION. Wow. Which is likely to happen

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Oddly enough WR now would be further down the list of priorities. Hopkins would slide into 1, Posey into 2, Alan Bonner/martin/Mike Thomas at 3. O Brien is going to run a LOT of two TE sets anyway hence the drafting of CJ Fiedorowicz

Face it, Dre doesn't have but two options: play for Houston or retire. If he retires he has to pay back millions of bonus money. he will be there come training camp.

Doesn't matter when you have garbage at QB.

I'm gonna talk to the football gods about Case. He's all I even care about at this point from the QB standpoint. Savage is a project and Dre will be gone and the other two are LOLZ

Rebuilding again this soon is the saddest shit ever. It's pissed me off Dre style.

@Deionbranch84 said:
Ok peoples let's be honest the games are rigged. Tonight's 2 game were crazy. I wonder what's going to happen tomorrow #OnlyTimeWillTell

shockedhtkmc.gif

squicken

Good start for BoB. Screwing over the best player in team history

Fear not brothers, Seattle has thoroughly cursed the Thunder, they ain't winning a thing!! :cool:

They can beat Indy very easy. Spurs is a toss up Pop will shit on Brooks, but Westbrook and KD can just have those "I'm going for 40 tonight" and win it for the team.

Their real problem would be Miami, who are pretty much a 90% lock for the finals right now. Miami problem would be the Spurs..

It's a game of rock, paper, scissors right now. Miami wants OKC, OKC wants Indy. Spurs wants Clippers (over OKC).

i'm not a conspiracy theorist but there is just no way that OKC game wasn't rigged. absolutely baffling final calls there. don't really give a shit who wins because we're getting another spurs/heat finals but come on

MechDX

Good start for BoB. Screwing over the best player in team history

Screwing over? get off your high horse.

Dre is under contract and he has two choices: play or retire. Like it or not its a freaking business and like smokey said earlier he signed the contracts when he had chances to walk away.

Kubiak installed a good ol boy mentality in this team with zero accountability. O Brien has to change the culture or they go nowhere fast. hard decisions had to be made and he is making them.

Squicken you are getting back on your fucking soapbox again bashing this team at every damn opportunity just because they didn't draft you dwarf waifu.

squicken

Squicken you are getting back on your fucking soapbox again bashing this team at every damn opportunity just because they didn't draft you dwarf waifu.

I said last year during the season, when Dre went after Schhob, that I will always be on Dre's side. He has given his share.

http://overthecap.com/thoughts-andre-johnson-lessons-learned-contract/

A post talking about how he signed a terrible deal in 2007 and the Texans have been able to underpay him his whole career. With Larry Fitz, I have no sympathy b/c he has made so much money. With Dre, he's been both under-payed and has had to toil on a bad team. I bet most Texans, fans, not just me, are on his side, and not BoB and Rick's

MechDX

I said last year during the season, when Dre went after Schhob, that I will always be on Dre's side. He has given his share.

http://overthecap.com/thoughts-andre-johnson-lessons-learned-contract/

A post talking about how he signed a terrible deal in 2007 and the Texans have been able to underpay him his whole career. With Larry Fitz, I have no sympathy b/c he has made so much money. With Dre, he's been both under-payed and has had to toil on a bad team. I bet most Texans, fans, not just me, are on his side, and not BoB and Rick's

HE.SIGNED.THE. DEAL

He could have said no and walked away. His choice, his decisions and now like every other human being on the planet he sleeps in the bed he made. I have sympathy for his situation but that's all it is sympathy and that is not what makes the world go round.

Congrats I know side with the team. get your ass to practice and play or fucking retire. Shit or get off the pot Dre.

squicken

Actually his uncle did his first two deals for him. Somehow that is all the Texans fault as well if you ask squicken.

Can I ask why you want him to stay? The Texans have no QB. They clearly said "we don't plan on winning in 2014". Dre is at the end of his career. There's no young QB on the roster that will benefit from having him around. If you are an Andre Johnson fan, you undoubtedly want him gone. If you are a Texans fan only, and are cold blooded and don't care about the players (not that you are, I know you like Dre), what is the benefit of him playing on the team this year?

Try and see if the can get someone to give up a 2nd round pick. I bet CLE or STL, not saying that as a fan, might just get desperate enough to do it

MechDX

Can I ask why you want him to stay? The Texans have no QB. They clearly said "we don't plan on winning in 2014". Dre is at the end of his career. There's no young QB on the roster that will benefit from having him around. If you are an Andre Johnson fan, you undoubtedly want him gone. If you are a Texans fan only, and are cold blooded and don't care about the players (not that you are, I know you like Dre), what is the benefit of him playing on the team this year?

Try and see if the can get someone to give up a 2nd round pick. I bet CLE or STL, not saying that as a fan, might just get desperate enough to do it

Where have they said that? Because they didn't reach for a QB? they didn't sign Chad Henne or Mccown?

We know how reaching works out.....Gabbert, Locker, Ponder. Just say it , you want to be like those other morons on Houston sports radio and declare to everyone: if they would have drafted Manziel, Dre would be happy.

i wonder if we could've gotten him for the conditional 3rd we got stevie johnson for. probably still rather have stevie all things considered at this point (AJ is breaking down)

squicken

Where have they said that? Because they didn't reach for a QB?

We know how reaching works out.....Gabbert, Locker, Ponder. Just say it , you want to be like those other morons on Houston sports radio and declare to everyone: if they would have drafted Manziel, Dre would be happy.

100% serious. JFF was not worth a high first, and going from 33 to 22 would have been too expensive, assuming they wanted him. If I am a Texans fan, what would make me mad is not getting Bridgewater

The #1 issue for the team last year was the QB, and they didn't address the position in FA or the draft. I think that is a mistake. Nothing to do with Manziel

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yeah no one had it better than Schoob. That was Gary's fault, and I guess Rick since he gave him that dumb extension

I thought he had that one "Fluke Flacco" year in him, but man I was completely off. Still even with his noodle arm I don't think anyone expected the team "leader" to be so mentally weak and then that just exposed all his weaknesses with his game when he lost it. I can't recall another Houston QB Oilers/Texans that fell apart in all aspects of his game in one season.

Don't even get me started on Rick Smith, should have been sent packing with Kubes.

MechDX

Yeah no one had it better than Schoob. That was Gary's fault, and I guess Rick since he gave him that dumb extension

In fairness we still don't know who had the control in the Smith/Kubiak era. If anything compare this years draft to the drafts under Kubiaks and you see a pretty huge difference. Same GM but an entirely different philosophy.

Either Rick changed everything up or someone else had the final say.

Matrix

100% serious. JFF was not worth a high first, and going from 33 to 22 would have been too expensive, assuming they wanted him. If I am a Texans fan, what would make me mad is not getting Bridgewater

The #1 issue for the team last year was the QB, and they didn't address the position in FA or the draft. I think that is a mistake. Nothing to do with Manziel

I was and still am. I recall Smokey wanted Bridgewater too.

Matrix

I wanted Bridgewater. He wasn't in their plans so you move on.

Go ahead and quote me: Savage plays this year and has a better season than teddy. There I said it. Mark my words.

BoB got you brainwashed. Savage lol whatever dude.

I wanted Bridgewater. He wasn't in their plans so you move on.

Go ahead and quote me: Savage plays this year and has a better season than teddy. There I said it. Mark my words.

i would agree with that if he plays. the texans basically have all the pieces to be a good team this year. i'm not sure i can say the same about the browns, jags, raiders or vikings. texans need to somehow appease AJ because they will need him

Matrix

i would agree with that if he plays. the texans basically have all the pieces to be a good team this year. i'm not sure i can say the same about the browns, jags, raiders or vikings. texans need to somehow appease AJ because they will need him

what are you guys seeing from Savage? He's tall? wut seriously Ive watched vids of him lately and I'm not sure wtf the splooge fest is all about

This sums up how I feel about Savage, dude isn't starting this year. He's a project and he isn't gonna do shit with Dre around... mark my words.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2058910-how-tom-savage-will-fit-with-the-houston-texans

I hope the kid proves me wrong and both you and mech along with BoB are right.... but Texans and QB's, not a great track record.

MechDX

When its all said and done he will be there for the last OTA and TC at minimum.

squicken

I think the Vikes are going to be a really surprise team this year. Easy schedule. Offense is loaded with skill players and a good OL. Their defense was awful last year, but Zimmer is going to immediately make them respectable. As long as Teddy is league average, I think they can finish 9-7

Matrix

I'm ready for my year of Fitz .____.

My gut tells me Case will be cut if he doesn't wow and win the starting job and I'll rage as we stick with Schoob jr (Yates) as the backup.

squicken

I'm ready for my year of Fitz .____.

My gut tells me Case will be cut if he doesn't wow and win the starting job and I'll rage as we stick with Schoob jr (Yates) as the backup.

Have to wonder about Case. He looked so good at times initially, but they said he couldn't deal with protection calls and blitzes. Bad coaching? Does he just not think fast enough on the field?

What I don't like about Fitz is that he will just throw the ball up for grabs too much. If they can get that defense as good as it can be, and Arian returns to form, then maybe it is less of a deal

cdyhybrid

Have to wonder about Case. He looked so good at times initially, but they said he couldn't deal with protection calls and blitzes. Bad coaching? Does he just not think fast enough on the field?

What I don't like about Fitz is that he will just throw the ball up for grabs too much. If they can get that defense as good as it can be, and Arian returns to form, then maybe it is less of a deal

Don't need to worry about the pass rush when the system you played in for 4 years had you throwing the ball before rushers could ever get to you.

Top Bottom