• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

I really like seeing you play so many games bionic:

HB1WUPI.png

PS4 has no games.

bionic77

PS4 has no games.
It really doesn't.

But it does play Blurays and Netflix which is all a family needs.

Hope the PS4 is sturdy. My wife never remembers to turn it off. If I don't switch it to standby it is on all day. That probably killed my PS3. That plus the coins my son stuck in it...

dionysus

Yaldog
I don't know what Case is at this point. I will tell you he's no worse than the other 3 QB's we have now. I'm not happy with the QB situation at all. I just don't think Case was treated correctly at all or coached the right way. Kubes was awful and lost that team.

The play calling was completely different when Schoob was in if you watched the games where he would yank out Case. Even the blocking. It was pretty clear the Oline as shitty as it was and near the end were still loyal to Schoob and blocked better for his slow ass. (those players knew their season was a bust) When Case has to take off running right after a snap and Schoob's slow ass can stand in the pocket for at least a few extra seconds, something isn't right. It didn't help though that Foster was out either. I don't buy the he can't pick up blitzes bs spin, I'll believe it when BoB says it or cuts him. I trust him and practically any coach over Kubes these days.

Agree about Kubiak. I listen to Houston sports talk radio during my commutes and I just get annoyed when they let some UofH or A&M fanboy through to talk and these guys think they are presenting logical arguments when it is just absurd devotion to their school. (UT fans too of course they just haven't produced a QB worth anything since VY so they are mostly silent right now.) Us Rice alumni are impartial because our school doesn't produce any professional athletes.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
If PS4 has no games then what does that make Xbox one? I'm an idiot for buying the one early and not even wanting the stupid ass Kinect when I knew they would eventually sell the shitty system without it sigh Stupid impulse buys.

MechDX

Agree about Kubiak. I listen to Houston sports talk radio during my commutes and I just get annoyed when they let some UofH or A&M fanboy through to talk and these guys think they are presenting logical arguments when it is just absurd devotion to their school. (UT fans too of course they just haven't produced a QB worth anything since VY so they are mostly silent right now.)

They are still there. Couple days ago one called saying VY doesn't get legit chances and the Texans should sign him. I immediately wondered why EZnark was calling Houston sports radio

Greg

It really doesn't.

Hope the PS4 is sturdy. My wife never remembers to turn it off. If I don't switch it to standby it is on all day. That probably killed my PS3. That plus the coins my son stuck in it...
:jnc

bionic77

If PS4 has no games then what does that make Xbox one? I'm an idiot for buying the one early and not even wanting the stupid ass Kinect when I knew they would eventually sell the shitty system without it sigh Stupid impulse buys.
Dumbs bought the One based on last gen.

PS4 is the clear console of choice for this gen to watch Netflix which is what gamers use them for these days.

DMczaf

It really doesn't.

Your son is an old soul. He remembers the days of sinking $20 into TMNT, Lethal Enforcers, and Time Killers.

Dragon

Banned
It really doesn't.

The sad thing is, it doesn't even play 3D blu-rays, so I have to bust out the PS3 when I want to impress the ladies!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Agree about Kubiak. I listen to Houston sports talk radio during my commutes and I just get annoyed when they let some UofH or A&M fanboy through to talk and these guys think they are presenting logical arguments when it is just absurd devotion to their school. (UT fans too of course they just haven't produced a QB worth anything since VY so they are mostly silent right now.) Us Rice alumni are impartial because our school doesn't produce any professional athletes.

Yep and it was brutal with the JFF shit.

Rice gave me Lance Berkman aka Fat Elvis... I'll always love Rice.

Matrix

They are still there. Couple days ago one called saying VY doesn't get legit chances and the Texans should sign him. I immediately wondered why EZnark was calling Houston sports radio

lol sad

You know your career as a QB in the NFL is done for good once the Browns let you go.

bionic77

The sad thing is, it doesn't even play 3D blu-rays, so I have to bust out the PS3 when I want to impress the ladies!
You are going overboard.

The kind of girls impressed with 3D Blu Rays
can also be tricked into bed with a bag of Cheetos and a can of Budweiser.

Dragon

Banned
You are going overboard.

The kind of girls impressed with 3D Blu Rays
can also be tricked into bed with a bag of Cheetos and a can of Budweiser.

I use what works. I have made dinner and watched a 3D Blu-ray four times for women and each time it worked. You don't want to know what my history is outside of that.

bionic77

I use what works. I have made dinner and watched a 3D Blu-ray four times for women and each time it worked. You don't want to know what my history is outside of that.
I am guessing these are the types of girls that look better while wearing the 3D glasses?

effzee

So you think he's going to be a good player but are mad that they signed him so quickly?

No I clearly pointed out my concern about Chip taking his former players. Him signing so quick just makes it seem fishy especially when he confirmed he was going to be taken by the Eagles in the 4th.

Huff might turn out to be Avant 2.0 but better, but when you look at the board and at the time he was picked there were far better WR prospects on the board. This seems like a pick Chip made simply because it was his guy.

If it works out fine but I don't want to think our coach is so enamored with his former players that he takes over possibly other better players. Huff could have been had in the 5th round and as YH pointed out Chip wanted to take his former DE Hart earlier than they did.

Not good signs when you try to judge Chip as a talent evaluater. Again it might all work out but for now based on how these players were ranked and projected seems like we reached twice in the draft for need positions when all along they preached BPA. They got played by GB and NO. They came out and said they 6 players they had pinned at the #22 spot and didn't get to select any of those 6 and had to settle for Smith when they couldn't trade down further.

These things don't exactly inspire confidence when year 1 Chip won mainly off the back of great offensive players Reid had drafted but didn't know how to use properly, in spire of a terrible defense, and with great help from the Giants, Redskins, and Cowboys all sucking at the same time.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer · 33m
My sense is Johnson's teammates understand why he feels this way. Double-edged sword for McNair: Patient approach seen by some as acceptance

Seth Payne ‏@PayneNFL · 48m
Andre is an incredible competitor, and losing hurts him to the core. One of the greatest TEAMMATES I ever had. Not one bad word to say.

Seth Payne ‏@PayneNFL · 52m
I don't think Andre is trying to put pressure on anybody. I think there's a good chance that he's genuinely contemplating retirement.

Basically what needs to happen now since the Eagles love former Texans players, is that you guys trade him to us for a 3rd round pick. We will take on the salary we have the space and we could use a guy like Dre.

The XB1 has a much better library right now then the PS4. Obviously they will both improve over time but the PS4 has had a really weak start so far, where as the XB1 has been killing it game wise so far.

gutshot

No I clearly pointed out my concern about Chip taking his former players. Him signing so quick just makes it seem fishy especially when he confirmed he was going to be taken by the Eagles in the 4th.

Huff might turn out to be Avant 2.0 but better, but when you look at the board and at the time he was picked there were far better WR prospects on the board. This seems like a pick Chip made simply because it was his guy.

If it works out fine but I don't want to think our coach is so enamored with his former players that he takes over possibly other better players. Huff could have been had in the 5th round and as YH pointed out Chip wanted to take his former DE Hart earlier than they did.

Not good signs when you try to judge Chip as a talent evaluater. Again it might all work out but for now based on how these players were ranked and projected seems like we reached twice in the draft for need positions when all along they preached BPA. They got played by GB and NO. They came out and said they 6 players they had pinned at the #22 spot and didn't get to select any of those 6 and had to settle for Smith when they couldn't trade down further.

These things don't exactly inspire confidence when year 1 Chip won mainly off the back of great offensive players Reid had drafted but didn't know how to use properly, in spire of a terrible defense, and with great help from the Giants, Redskins, and Cowboys all sucking at the same time.

Basically what needs to happen now since the Eagles love former Texans players, is that you guys trade him to us for a 3rd round pick. We will take on the salary we have the space and we could use a guy like Dre.

Huff was a reach pick? Based on what? Here is what a rival NFC scout had to say about that pick:

"He's another guy I really like. They took him exactly where we had him - in the third round. The kid has outstanding hands. Not good, not excellent. Outstanding. He's a quick-twitch receiver. He explodes off the line of scrimmage.

"He's versatile. He can play inside or outside. You can line him up in the backfield. Oregon did that a lot with him and got him matched up on linebackers. That was, like, forget it.

"You can motion him and throw it to him in the flat. He shows great ability to adjust to off-target throws. He has good body control. He's effective on bubble screens. He's a difficult guy to cover because of his suddenness. He's elusive in space. Has good balance. He can elude tacklers and run by defenders. He can play in the slot or on the outside"

So he was a third rounder on at least one other team's board. You can't always go by the draft experts.

I think you are getting way too caught up on whether the Eagles reached or not at each spot. Who really cares? Every team is going to have a few reaches. What matters in the end is whether you selected talented players that can contribute to your team and, by all accounts, they did. They also drafted 5 defenders and only 2 offensive guys, which tells me they know which side of the ball is weaker. Isn't this what we wanted? Why all the doom and gloom?

Huff was a reach pick? Based on what? Here is what a rival NFC scout had to say about that pick:

So he was a third rounder on at least one other team's boards. You can't always go by the draft experts.

I think you are getting way too caught up on whether the Eagles reached or not at each spot. Who really cares? Their overall draft was very solid and they addressed just about every position of need. They also drafted 6 defenders and only 2 offensive guys, which tells me they know which side of the ball is weaker. Isn't this what we wanted? Why all the doom and gloom?

The overwhelming majority of starters in the NFL were drafted in the first 3 rounds, they took 2 WRs and reached badly for an OLB in the first 3 rounds. Hopefully it works out but nothing they did in the draft inspires any confidence at all. Chip seems obsessed with drafting guys he either coached or coached against, which is a terribly narrow way to approach this stuff. You are right and it could still work out for them but if they had done a better job things would have a much higher chance of working out.

bionic77

The XB1 has a much better library right now then the PS4. Obviously they will both improve over time but the PS4 has had a really weak start so far, where as the XB1 has been killing it game wise so far.
Neither has games as good as the WiiU other than sports (which I don't think even come to the U). So you are comparing the taste of two turd sandwiches and claiming one is some gourmet shit.

Matrix

Am I being trolled? lol

Top Bottom