• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
It's not just in America where lions suck at football!

7ps04WA.gif

eMfVcLB.gif

NY1Vacx.gif

Yall are too hostile right now. Can't we all be friends...

I have but a few "wants" for this season:

1) a complete and utter destruction of the Colts at Indy. I want Luck on the ground bleeding from being beat senseless. I want his family to feel the hurt. When he looks up beaten and bloody I want Watt to look and say "If he dies. He dies"

2) beat the Browns. Manzuel caught in a Watt/Clooney sandwich. I want him broke in half while squicken cries.

3) Beat the Steelers and Cowboys just because

4) 2 pick sixes vs Schaub so I can see how it feels to be on the other end.

That's it.....for now

357.gif

It's not just in America where lions suck at football!

7ps04WA.gif

eMfVcLB.gif

NY1Vacx.gif

:jnc :jnc

Just learned I'm going up to Minneapolis twice later this year. Once in July for my girlfriend's BFF's belated college graduation party, and in December when the BFF's little bro is getting married.

It's weird seeing Vikings fans en masse. How do I tell them it'll be okay?

JABEE

For some reason I had the Vikes as a playoff team in my mind. Lack of sleep is killing me. You are right Vick was the starter for the other games. Foles only played terrible in one game against a playoff team so that is better.

Foles didn't even play terrible in that game. He put up 24 points against a top 5 ranked Saints defense. He drove his team down the field and threw a TD to put the team ahead with under 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

It's not Foles's fault Alex Henery missed field goals and gave the Saints great field position to run out the clock.

Give Foles a break. He's a damn good quarterback and Chip Kelly is a damn good football coach. The Eagles had a top 2 passing and running attack. The Eagles were as balanced as anything. Kelly knows what he is doing.

Give Foles a chance. All he did in his first extended time as starter is go 8-2 with a shit defense, throw 27 TDs and 2 interceptions and throw close to 3000 yards passing in less than 12 games. Give Foles a break.

I have but a few "wants" for this season:

1) a complete and utter destruction of the Colts at Indy. I want Luck on the ground bleeding from being beat senseless. I want his family to feel the hurt. When he looks up beaten and bloody I want Watt to look and say "If he dies. He dies"

2) beat the Browns. Manzuel caught in a Watt/Clooney sandwich. I want him broke in half while squicken cries.

3) Beat the Steelers and Cowboys just because

4) 2 pick sixes vs Schaub so I can see how it feels to be on the other end.

That's it.....for now
This...

Is entirely reasonable.

Foles didn't even play terrible in that game. He put up 24 points against a top 5 ranked Saints defense. He drove his team down the field and threw a TD to put the team ahead with under 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

It's not Foles's fault Alex Henery missed field goals and gave the Saints great field position to run out the clock.

Give Foles a break. He's a damn good quarterback and Chip Kelly is a damn good football coach. The Eagles had a top 2 passing and running attack. The Eagles were as balanced as anything. Kelly knows what he is doing.

Give Foles a chance. All he did in his first extended time as starter is go 8-2 with a shit defense, throw 27 TDs and 2 interceptions and throw close to 3000 yards passing in less than 12 games. Give Foles a break.

If Foles hadnt been so bad in the first half they could have scored more then 7 points and forced the Saints to pass. Instead he held onto the ball because he is so worried about his stats and got them knocked out of field goal range which caused Henery to miss that kick in the first half. It was his first playoff game so hopefully he will do better if they ever make it back to the playoffs but no way should anyone give him a break. He struggled and it cost them big time, who knows if they ever get that chance again.

JABEE

If Foles hadnt been so bad in the first half they could have scored more then 7 points and forced the Saints to pass. Instead he held onto the ball because he is so worried about his stats and got them knocked out of field goal range which caused Henery to miss that kick in the first half. It was his first playoff game so hopefully he will do better if they ever make it back to the playoffs but no way should anyone give him a break. He struggled and it cost them big time, who knows if they ever get that chance again.

I would like to guarantee that Foles will have that chance again. Mark it down.

His fanfic left off the part of BoB playing the long game and coaxing Luck to Houston after his contract expires under the pretense he'd stop getting killed by clowney/watt twice a year if they were all on the same team.
Pretty sure the endgame is Luck quits football (and civilization) and becomes a wandering monk.

That would probably be a pretty sweet tv show, actually.

I would like to guarantee that Foles will have that chance again. Mark it down.

I hope you are right but I see nothing that leads me to believe that. They were insanely lucky last year and still only went 10-6 because they played such an easy schedule. This year they will not get every possible break. Hopefully they can step up and improve but I very much doubt it.

Rams had a huge need at WR and didn't address it. There's lots of ways to try and measure a draft class, and to me, a team trying to contend needs to come out of the offseason w/o glaring holes. STL has a huge problem at WR, the same one they have had since Holt's knees went bad

Doesn't matter how good the Rams draft was, They still don't have a QB or and good receivers over 6 feet tall.

No point wasting a pick on a receiver who will run nothing but 5 yard hitches and the occasional bubble screen because Schottenheimer is a clown.

Not bad, how have I never seen this woman before?

bionic77

she's not good enough for him

he needs a good, strong man
You can't win shit with a girl that hot that is that hungry for celebrity, money and dick.

That said I don't blame Rodgers for putting that pussy above his team. I would be a hypocrite if I said I might not do the same thing.

But as a fan I would not like it one bit.

squicken

No regrets on that trade, but Pead and Watkins are zeroes. Jenkins is not a good player yet. Ogletree flashes play making but is a huge liability vs the run. Brockers is solid and we'll see on GRob. Great trade, but questionable drafting. Should have set the franchise up for dominance, but too many misses. Best hope to ever make a Pro Bowl are Ogletree and Robinson

squicken

Michael Silver ‏@MikeSilver
Browns to Johnny: we traded up to get you, but we want to make it very clear that we're not that into you

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
I get what the Browns are doing ... But doesn't drafting JFF come with the implication that you believe he can handle all the hoopla?

NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL
“Let Johnny be Johnny. You did the research before you drafted him. The kid generates excitement.”-@LRiddickESPN

Pettine

I don't know. Especially being on GAF. She used to be nerd gamer queen from her days hosting Attack of the Show.

Haven't been on gaf that long and besides, reading most of the threads on gaming side makes my eyes bleed :(

No regrets on that trade, but Pead and Watkins are zeroes. Jenkins is not a good player yet. Ogletree flashes play making but is a huge liability vs the run. Brockers is solid and we'll see on GRob. Great trade, but questionable drafting. Should have set the franchise up for dominance, but too many misses. Best hope to ever make a Pro Bowl are Ogletree and Robinson

tbf, questionable drafting is a huge step up from the shambles that was the previous decade so I'm not going to complain about getting four starting players from that trade.

Top Bottom