• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

MechDX

Michael Sam gets a reality show on OWN apparently. Who knew the "distraction" would be of his own making?

Kinda odd decision.

RT @ClayTravisBGID: AJ McCarron got destroyed for reports that he was going to have a reality show. Will Michael Sam?

Good question

Fox318

Michael Sam gets a reality show on OWN apparently. Who knew the "distraction" would be of his own making?

Kinda odd decision.

Might as well attack it now so people don't care when preseason starts.

He isn't going to make that Rams roster unless with the current line that they have.

MechDX

AJ McCarron wasn't the first openly gay player drafted into the NFL. I think the situations are slightly different.

the reason for the McCarron criticizing was that it would be a distraction and his focus would not be entirely on football. Would this not be a distraction and remove some focus?

Tamanon

Banned
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...Twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

This special documentary series will feature a deeply personal, up-close look at the remarkable man at the center of this groundbreaking moment in professional sports, as the All-American defensive end and SEC Co-Defensive Player of the Year enters the competitive world of professional football. Cameras will follow Sam as he works to earn his spot on the St. Louis Rams all while under the intense scrutiny of being the first openly gay player in the NFL.

“We are honored that Michael is trusting us with his private journey in this moment that has not only made history but will shape it forever,” said Oprah Winfrey. “I am proud of the focus on authentic storytelling in our new documentary series format. The next real-life story we follow in ‘The Untitled Michael Sam Project’ promises to spark valuable, important discussion on life in America today. Acceptance and illumination start here.”

There's the copy on it. I like that Oprah cites it as a private journey, lol.

Slo

the reason for the McCarron criticizing was that it would be a distraction and his focus would not be entirely on football. Would this not be a distraction and remove some focus?

I think we may have detected a double standard against the majority. Let's call Fox News.

Maybe we should post some more pictures from O'Hara and Morgan together to make you feel better?

Also, you guys think it's too early to change to my WC avatar?

amorgskohara.png

cdyhybrid

Sure it would. That's part of the deal when you're the first openly gay player drafted by the NFL. You think there won't be a media circus if he doesn't do this TV show?

squicken

Yeah not a fan of Sam having a film crew following him at Rams camp. I wonder if Fisher signed off on that. That's a big distraction for a 7th round pick. Supposedly the media locally have signed waivers to appear in the show so I guess it is happening

Think I'm gonna buy that sports illustrated with Johnny so I can fap to my hopes.

This is what sports is about not wishing death and sadness to every other teams

cdyhybrid

Yeah not a fan of Sam having a film crew following him at Rams camp. I wonder if Fisher signed off on that. That's a big distraction for a 7th round pick. Supposedly the media locally have signed waivers to appear in the show so I guess it is happening

Fisher knew (or should have) what he was getting into when he drafted him. He was never going to get drafted and then fade into the background a week later.

Narag

Fisher knew (or should have) what he was getting into when he drafted him. He was never going to get drafted and then fade into the background a week later.

Think the ATL podcast guys said Fisher was a real league guy, maybe dealing with it to open future opportunities for other gay athletes.

Fuck the pats!

Tamanon

Banned

To be fair, there's a rather sizable difference between getting the attention and seeking it. I completely support his journey in the NFL, but this just rubs me the wrong way.

squicken

I think the hope was that Sam just wanted to be a football player, and the distraction would come from the media. In this case, the player is creating the distraction. For a guy who will be fighting an uphill battle to make the team, it's a bad look to already show your coaches and teammates that football isn't your #1 priority

But yeah, Fisher better have known and had a plan

Really stupid decision if he actually wanted to make the team.

In one of the least desirable situations he could have chosen if he wanted to make the team, competition for spots at his position is pretty tough.

Get on a reality TV show, get some more jersey sales while you still can and make a living as a motivational speaker while his brain is still intact

OR:

The team already knew about this and is fine with it because hey, at least SOMEONE is talking about the Rams.

I'm not that bothered about this either way.

#TeamDeathAndSadness

Top Bottom