• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Farooq

Banned

...Holy shit.

Btw, you were right about the Jones' not wanting to bring a circus to Dallas.
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...ircus-played-part-in-cowboys-manziel-decision

But speaking on a conference call with season-ticket holders on Tuesday, executive vice president Stephen Jones hinted the circus was part of the reason why the Cowboys passed on Johnny Football in the first round.

My bad for the Ealy pick in GAF's mock. We had Donald, Barr, Shazier and Martin as possible choices, just didn't know where they would rank them. How did you feel about the draft?

squicken

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
The Rams didn't know about the Sam reality show when he was drafted, but are working through the logistics with the OWN people.

Bottom line: The plan seems to be to try and make Sam a normal seventh-round pick. So I don't think accommodating the show is part of that.

They should have know that before drafting him

You Tryna jump on the Terrance west train? Open spot

I've never been a Ben Tate fan so yeah, works for me. Tate just gets hurt too easily

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Kas is easily the worst kind of fan. No thanks I will never be that delusional .

Yeah if I wanted that kind of delusion, I'd just turn on college sports radio.

In college sports, Kas is the standard. I remember listening to sports radio in Arkansas and you'd think the Razorbacks were going to win the national championship every single season.

jbug617

Banned
Seems like the media might be turning on Sam.

@SI_PeterKing: "I just wish you guys would see me as Michael Sam the football player, not Michael Sam the gay football player." --Sam, Feb. 22, 2014
@SI_PeterKing: "We're proud to announce our new docuseries with history-making football player @MichaelSamNFL." --Oprah Winfrey Network, today.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Seems like the media might be turning on Sam.

The media should turn on all rookies deciding to make a reality show. I.E. McCarron's stupid Wedding reality show.

Rookie's first appearance on a reality show should be Hard Knocks, where we can laugh at them failing miserably in a tougher environment.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Andre Johnsons full interview where he let his feelings known. A lot more there than just the sound bites.

http://www.click2houston.com/sports/andre-johnson-voices-frustrations-with-texans/25957050

He's just a good guy and I don't care about his contract and his choosing us (he's loyal) when he could have left argument... dude deserves better than our pathetic franchise. Dude is human and you can only take so much losing and bs. If he doesn't retire Barry Sanders style he will be in his Texans uni ready to play when the season starts. I'd bet a Schoob pick 6 on that one.

Worst of all are still the fucking shitty ass Texans fans completely hating on him now.

MechDX

He's just a good guy and I don't care about his contract and his choosing us (he's loyal) when he could have left argument... dude deserves better than our pathetic franchise. Dude is human and you can only take so much losing and bs. If he doesn't retire Barry Sanders style he will be in his Texans uni ready to play when the season starts. I'd bet a Schoob pick 6 on that one.

Worst of all are still the fucking shitty ass Texans fans completely hating on him now.

Left for work this morning, turn on 610 AM, first damn caller "If the Texans would have drafted Johnny Manziel this wouldn't be happening!"........I wont bring up the VY caller on my way home from work.

Narag

Left for work this morning, turn on 610 AM, first damn caller "If the Texans would have drafted Johnny Manziel this wouldn't be happening!"........I wont bring up the VY caller on my way home from work.

Is there really a VY caller everyday? lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

smh good god... I truly can't stand our fanbase.

MechDX

Is there really a VY caller everyday? lol

Yes. Sad but true.

Do people not take me serious when I mention the whole VY/Houston and now JFF/Houston thing? It wont die. Every time you think its finally dead it rises up out of the damn grave.

Doesn't help the city is full of A&M and UT alumni.

Narag

Yes. Sad but true.

Do people not take me serious when I mention the whole VY/Houston and now JFF/Houston thing? It wont die. Every time you think its finally dead it rises up out of the damn grave.

JFF thing I can believe since it's fresh but the VY stuff is just amazing after all these years.

There is a GAF member with the name JohnnyFootball. BG alt?
I'll find him..
Britney_Spears_evil_look.jpg
Edit: FMT let me show you a Browns forum if you want to see colt McCoy posts

Narag

@SI_PeterKing
MT @AlbertBreer: My feeling: If Sam wanted to have things be all about football from here on out, cutting that deal wasn't the way to go.

@ChrisWarcraft
. @SI_PeterKing @AlbertBreer It's not like the sports media hasn't been crapping all over his abilities for the last 2 months, right?

@SI_PeterKing
Then, @ChrisWarcraft, why make the statement you want to be treated as a football player, not a gay football player?

@SI_PeterKing Because the deluge of fecal matter hadn't yet reached its current tsunami proportions. Last SEC dpoy to be picked 7th round?

kluwe going in

JABEE

In one of the least desirable situations he could have chosen if he wanted to make the team, competition for spots at his position is pretty tough.

Get on a reality TV show, get some more jersey sales while you still can and make a living as a motivational speaker while his brain is still intact

OR:

The team already knew about this and is fine with it because hey, at least SOMEONE is talking about the Rams.

I'm not that bothered about this either way.
Best financial decision for him, but not the best decision if he wants to make an NFL roster as a 7th round pick.

Tamanon

Banned
I frequently agree with Kluwe, but I don't think he's correct in this situation. Michael Sam is clearly in the "wrong" in the sense of going about his business as if he is the typical 7th round draft pick.

Kluwe has his own reasons for advocating that the league drafted him later because of being gay.

Draxal

I frequently agree with Kluwe, but I don't think he's correct in this situation. Michael Sam is clearly in the "wrong" in the sense of going about his business as if he is the typical 7th round draft pick.

Tre Mason only had a billion yards against that Mizzou defense and was only drafted in the third.

The Sec player of the meant nothing.

bionic77

The media should turn on all rookies deciding to make a reality show. I.E. McCarron's stupid Wedding reality show.

Rookie's first appearance on a reality show should be Hard Knocks, where we can laugh at them failing miserably in a tougher environment.
Yeah having a reality show before you do anything is a turn off.

You better be the next Tebow if you are doing that shit.

Top Bottom