• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

From the small glimpses we've gotten of the Steelers draft board, Shazier was high on their priority list. There were 3 receivers above him (Watkins, Evans, and Beckham maybe?) and the first ranked corner was below him, which would throw the Gilbert thing out immediately.

Didn't you just move there recently?
10 months ago I believe.

Home warranties are shit. Every issue I had with my house wasn't covered

They have declined every single claim that I have filed and then they have the nerve to call and let me know that my warranty is going to expire soon and ask if I would like to renew it. I dont understand how they are allowed to just flat deny all claims, it seems like such a scam to me.

dionysus

Yaldog
Read the language of your warranty. Half the point of a warranty is for preexisting conditions not caught by inspection. Too easy to hide problems on a home, impossible to inspect everything. I really think no legit home warranty would have that kind of exception.

Insurance can be sleezy, often it takes persistence. They count on people giving up. Been dealing with this on health insurance. We were denied coverage on a doula when it says it is covered. Took about 4 months for them to finally pay the claim and in my opinion they intentionally tried to sabotage the process. Sending letters for us to the doctor's office or the doula, constantly rejecting stuff for not filling out paperwork we weren't even supplied and had no way of getting, sending stuff back for additional signatures from the doctor when the paperwork had not required that signature, etc. Just trying to make us give up.

Sometimes you have to make it more expensive to deal with you than to just pay the damn claim. Pain in the ass.

Greg

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=819490

Anyone here ruptured there Achilles heel? Need some advice here or in the OT thread I posted. Can't walk on my left foot, about to go to the hospital. :/
whatever it is, best of luck with recovery man

It is going to be over 100 this week in Vegas. Our AC basically stopped working and we had a guy from our home warranty come out and look at it. He said the problem was that the compressor on it was for a 4 ton unit but we have a 5 ton unit so it burned it out. They refused to replace it since they said we should have noticed it during our home inspection, like I was going to get up on the roof or even know that it was the wrong size by looking at it. It cost us $8000 to have it replaced. While the guy was on our roof replacing the AC he said that our roof is mess up and needs to be replaced, so that will be another $10000. This place is becoming such a money pit. Had to pay a $1000 a month ago to get a leak in the pool fixed.
damn, that's rough

should've taken the ladder from him once he was on the roof and asked him to reconsider the warranty situation

It's coffee time. Let's do this, Greg!
EoJbWMw.jpg

How did your home inspector not detect a chewed up roof?

I have no idea. The AC guy said he only saw it cause the wind blew some titles off the roof. I wasnt there for the inspection, I was still in Philly so the inspector emailed me pics of stuff, but he only mentioned little stuff. When we first moved in the pool filter didnt even work and they wouldnt fix it.

Yankee killing my buzz about my new house.

Closing is July 3rd....

Go over everything with a fine toothed comb. Stupid shit like open and close every closet door, 2 of the closets in my house the doors fall off if you touch them, check all the light switches by bringing a lamp or something to plug in, the light switch in my daughters room doesnt control any of the outlets in that room, have someone get on the roof and check that shit for sure, run the dishwasher, ours wasnt even hooked up and after we paid to get it hooked up it didnt work so we had to buy a new one. Really check everything multiple times if you can.

dionysus

Yaldog
I have no idea. The AC guy said he only saw it cause the wind blew some titles off the roof. I wasnt there for the inspection, I was still in Philly so the inspector emailed me pics of stuff, but he only mentioned little stuff. When we first moved in the pool filter didnt even work and they wouldnt fix it.

Who paid for the inspection? Seller or you?

Who paid for the inspection? Seller or you?

Not me, we were just told that by law there had to be an inspection and that they would let us know how it goes. I think the real estate company paid for it. It might have been the bank though since we bought a house that had been forclosed on.

dionysus

Yaldog
Not me, we were just told that by law there had to be an inspection and that they would let us know how it goes. I think the real estate company paid for it. It might have been the bank though since we bought a house that had been forclosed on.

Friendly advice. Always have a separate buyer financed inspection on your own dime. Bank may be required to do it, but bank's incentive is to reach closing and collect those closing costs. Seller may offer it as a perk, I would request they just reduce home price by $100 if they offer it and waive it. Real Estate Agent may offer to do it free, I would just request they lower their fee in that case and pay for it out of pocket. The only one with the right incentive to protect the buyers interest is the buyer. In fact, agents have the worst incentives of anyone other than maybe the seller.

JABEE

Go over everything with a fine toothed comb. Stupid shit like open and close every closet door, 2 of the closets in my house the doors fall off if you touch them, check all the light switches by bringing a lamp or something to plug in, the light switch in my daughters room doesnt control any of the outlets in that room, have someone get on the roof and check that shit for sure, run the dishwasher, ours wasnt even hooked up and after we paid to get it hooked up it didnt work so we had to buy a new one. Really check everything multiple times if you can.

A good indicator to use for how solidly the home is built is how loud the bathroom ventilation fan is.

Ever read the "not included" part of a home warranty? Its a long lost of really basic shit you think would be included.

I had a toilet that needed to be reseated to the floor. Not covered
I'm not talking about the Warranty. I mean the home inspection. First thing any half competent home inspector does is goes on the roof. Unfortunately many of them are fucking crooks who do nothing but a visual walkthrough then demand payment.

He didn't mention the pool filter?

Wait, an inspection or an appraisal? They are two different things.

Friendly advice. Always have a separate buyer financed inspection on your own dime. Bank may be required to do it, but bank's incentive is to reach closing and collect those closing costs. Seller may offer it as a perk, I would request they just reduce home price by $100 if they offer it and waive it. Real Estate Agent may offer to do it free, I would just request they lower their fee in that case and pay for it out of pocket. The only one with the right incentive to protect the buyers interest is the buyer. In fact, agents have the worst incentives of anyone other than maybe the seller.

Yeah I wish I had known all that last year. I just assumed that since it was a fairly newish house that it would be good. I also stupidly believed that they couldnt say it was all good if it wasnt. Oh well we got most of the big stuff fixed now, and it really is a nice location and such so it all worked out I guess.

Nice avatar, Dutch. I guess the chances of Garoppolo ending up as a solid starter for the Pats are about the same as him magically becoming Dutch and replacing RVP as the premier striker for the Dutch national team, so it makes sense.

I'm not talking about the Warranty. I mean the home inspection. First thing any half competent home inspector does is goes on the roof. Unfortunately many of them are fucking crooks who do nothing but a visual walkthrough then demand payment.

He didn't mention the pool filter?

Wait, an inspection or an appraisal? They are two different things.

The pool filter made noise when you turned it on and the water was crystal clear so my brother in law figured it was fine, and I guess the inspector did as well. It was only when you got in and put your hand in front of the jets you realized that nothing was coming out and the pool turned green in a few days. They definitely called it a home inspection, but I am not sure what the differences are.

Buy a circuit light. It's a cheap thing you can get at home depot that you stick in outlets to see if they work.

Run all appliances, especially the dishwasher, washer and dryer. Don't feel embarrassed because your using the seller's electricity or hydro. Check the warranty on the furnace, and ask for a copy if you purchase. Change the thermostat and check the vents for changes - do both the heating and AC. These are simple things, but they can all foreshadow big problems down the road.

The pool filter made noise when you turned it on and the water was crystal clear so my brother in law figured it was fine, and I guess the inspector did as well. It was only when you got in and put your hand in front of the jets you realized that nothing was coming out and the pool turned green in a few days. They definitely called it a home inspection, but I am not sure what the differences are.

An appraisal helps determine the market value of the home. Banks often ask for this so they know the house is worth the money they are forwarding you. An inspection goes over the integrity of the house and outlines any major problems. A home inspector SHOULD have caught the roof and broken filter. Those are easily identifiable problems and in the roof's case, the main point of a home inspection. As dionysus said, don't cheap out on the buyer funded inspection as other's don't have as much to lose from a shoddy job as you.

JABEE

That's the kind of stuff they really should have picked up on. Pools cost a lot of money to maintain either way.

JABEE

Buy a circuit light. It's a cheap thing you can get at home depot that you stick in outlets to see if they work.

Run all appliances, especially the dishwasher, washer and dryer. Don't feel embarrassed because your using the seller's electricity or hydro. Check the warranty on the furnace, and ask for a copy if you purchase. Change the thermostat and check the vents for changes - do both the heating and AC. These are simple things, but they can all foreshadow big problems down the road.

This is definitely true. Great tips.

effzee

It's called coaching. Lebron is pretty much a Scott Brooks and a Ray Allen 3 away from being ringless.

Well if you look at it that way and reduce every single superstar's rings you can make them look bad. How many times did guys like Kerr or Horry bale out and win rings for guys like Jordan, Kobe, and Shaq?

Besides Lebron's strength isn't necessarily always taking the last shot. He makes the right basketball play most of the time. Even last year the 3 Ray took was only possible after the incredible 4th quarter Lebron had to bring them back.

Pretty simple to strip him of any and every accomplishment but cmon man lets be real here. Maybe things would be different if he was in the west but then again some of these other FAs should realize that hey maybe instead of losing in the first round in the west we should go to teams in the east where we have much better shot at advancing.

I do wish the NBA would change the playoffs format and just do best 16 teams overall.

manfestival

why does my boss always have to come in wearing a spaghetti strap with no bra. I am a boob guy and its so HARD to not look at her big boobs. Its like a magnetic force that wants to get me in trouble.

Well if you look at it that way and reduce every single superstar's rings you can make them look bad. How many times did guys like Kerr or Horry bale out and win rings for guys like Jordan, Kobe, and Shaq?

Besides Lebron's strength isn't necessarily always taking the last shot. He makes the right basketball play most of the time. Even last year the 3 Ray took was only possible after the incredible 4th quarter Lebron had to bring them back.

Pretty simple to strip him of any and every accomplishment but cmon man lets be real here. Maybe things would be different if he was in the west but then again some of these other FAs should realize that hey maybe instead of losing in the first round in the west we should go to teams in the east where we have much better shot at advancing.

I do wish the NBA would change the playoffs format and just do best 16 teams overall.

I think Lebrons accomplishments are much less impressive then superstars like Shaq, Kobe, Jordan and those types of guys. It has nothing to do with him getting lucky or the east being shit, I just think him running to jump on Wades back when the going got tough in Cleveland was a bitch move. Also him talking about 7 championships before he ever won one was just such a disgusting move. Hopefully KD beats them this year and the Heat never get back again.

Top Bottom