• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Konka

Banned
Huh. I got those quotes flipped for some reason.

I was basically agreeing with you haha. Console gaming feels somewhat stagnant (in terms of big AAA titles). The decline of Japanese development really isn't helping. I am hoping we'll see more stylized colorful titles like Sunset Overdrive to pick up the slack.

Yeah. I enjoyed gaming when the AAA tiles had much more variety. Where are the skateboarding and snowboarding games? Tony Hawk and SSX were great. Spyro, Banjo, etc. Hell even like a WWII FPS would be different at this point.

And it is true that all the AAA titles have that terrible 'next gen' color palette.

Bo Mattingly ‏ @ SportsTalkwBo2h
Loggains: Manziel texted me and said “I wish you guys would come get me.” I forwarded that to the owner & HC and they said let’s go get him.

Bo Mattingly ‏ @ SportsTalkwBo 2h
Loggains: We had to get in front of the Chiefs b/c we knew they’d take Manziel. When we traded up, I knew we were going to take him.

Bo Mattingly ‏ @ SportsTalkwBo 2h
Loggains: Mainly Manziel needs to work on staying in the pocket and winning third downs by throwing the football.
That's my guy :")
fist-pump.gif
Like that Loggains had experience with Locker and Shanny obvious rg3

squicken

Rams cut RB Daryl Richardson. Not a huge surprise, but I expected Pead to be cut first. I guess they still think they can get something for Pead.

I think they keep Pead b/c they are too embarrassed to cut a 2nd round pick. If he was an UDFA, he would have been cut his rookie year. As far as Richardson, he is just not an NFL player. His 4 starts last year were brutal.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Yeah. I enjoyed gaming when the AAA tiles had much more variety. Where are the skateboarding and snowboarding games? Tony Hawk and SSX were great. Spyro, Banjo, etc. Hell even like a WWII FPS would be different at this point.

And it is true that all the AAA titles have that terrible 'next gen' color palette.

Hey you know what, for a pineapple pizza heathen who hates dogs, Santa Claus, good sportsmanship, and cars that aren't on fire.....you're alright kid. You're alright.

Never played SSX but Tony Hawks 2 is legitimately one of the greatest games of all time. Pumped for Sunset Overdrive, if they can nail the soundtrack for the game then it's going to be something special.

squicken

That's my guy :")

Like that Loggains had experience with Locker and Shanny obvious rg3

TEN actually had a decent offense last year when Locker was healthy. Obviously that will be JFF's challenge. Florio had something today where he said the reason the Browns are doing all the media blackout and backup stuff is they don't want JFF turning into RG3, where he thinks he's bigger than the team. Probably trolling but not totally impossible

TEN actually had a decent offense last year when Locker was healthy. Obviously that will be JFF's challenge. Florio had something today where he said the reason the Browns are doing all the media blackout and backup stuff is they don't want JFF turning into RG3, where he thinks he's bigger than the team. Probably trolling but not totally impossible
Pettines had experience with The Tebow situation, and Shanny with the Rg3 stuff. I liked rg3 but have to say he handle the media horribly. I think the national media black out is more about letting the team know this rookie coming in isn't bigger then the team, and not alienating anyone. Let the players see him work and trust him first. I have no problems with it, it's just a big deal cause the national media is salty.
Gotta pay attention to Grossi now though :/

Camp starts tomorrow!

bionic77

Never played SSX but Tony Hawks 2 is legitimately one of the greatest games of all time. Pumped for Sunset Overdrive, if they can nail the soundtrack for the game then it's going to be something special.
You mean the PSX game right?

I agree if that's what you meant. That game was great. As shitty as the hardware was that gen had more originality in a month than we currently get in 3 years.

Similar to the NES gen in that way. And then they perfected it in the next gen. We just haven't advanced since then....

I agree if that's what you meant. That game was great. As shitty as the hardware was that gen had more originality in a month than we currently get in 3 years.

Similar to the NES gen in that way. And then they perfected it in the next gen. We just haven't advanced since then....

Yeah that's the one. I played the shit out of that game to such an extent that I could recognise that the guy in the next dorm was playing it because the muffled noise coming through the walls sounded like Papa Roach or Anthrax.

Dude probably though I was a crazy stalker/voyeur when I bumped into him the next day and asked him if he had been playing Tony Hawks 2 the previous night :jnc:

Tamanon

Banned
Fuckin' Papa Roach.

One of my old neighbors used to blast that Last Resort song every time he and the missus were having relations. Pretty funny now that I think about it when he only apparently made it through part of the song.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Pettines had experience with The Tebow situation, and Shanny with the Rg3 stuff. I liked rg3 but have to say he handle the media horribly. I think the national media black out is more about letting the team know this rookie coming in isn't bigger then the team, and not alienating anyone. Let the players see him work and trust him first. I have no problems with it, it's just a big deal cause the national media is salty.
Gotta pay attention to Grossi now though :/

Camp starts tomorrow!

Naah you don't have to listen to Grossi you can listen to others such as Mary Kay...

Fuck all we got is Grossi.

Konka

Banned

I think that's because NES - > SNES/Genesis and PSX/N64 -> PS2/GC/XBOX were all different systems with vast differences.

Last gen to this gen is basically the same with marginally better graphics. We got a new controller every gen for the consoles until the last two and now it's basically rinse and repeat with the same controllers, same overall game concepts, etc...Sure there are some software improvements made that don't even really affect the gaming aspect.

bionic77

I think that's because NES - > SNES/Genesis and PSX/N64 -> PS2/GC/XBOX were all different systems with vast differences.

Last gen to this gen is basically the same with marginally better graphics. We got a new controller every gen for the consoles until the last two and now it's basically rinse and repeat with the same controllers, same overall game concepts, etc...Sure there are some software improvements made that don't even really affect the gaming aspect.
Yeah shits boring!

Konka

Banned
Yeah shits boring!

Agreed. Even the consoles themselves are uninspired. Two black boxes. There isn't really and wonder left. Everyone knew they were basically going to be the same controllers and same basic concepts.

I have to at least give Nintendo credit for having the audacity to try new things even when they don't always work out.

bionic77

Agreed. Even the consoles themselves are uninspired. Two black boxes. There isn't really and wonder left. Everyone knew they were basically going to be the same controllers and same basic concepts.

I have to at least give Nintendo credit for having the audacity to try new things even when they don't always work out.
Agreed.

Industry is best when Nintendo is driving innovation in games but not when they control the market. Would be better if we had SEGA around but those days are gone.

Maybe a new company will arise from the ashes of boring ass shit we are getting fed these days.

jnc, one company tried to do something different and the internet freaked the fuck out and made them stop.

To be fair, Sony's not really in the position financially to start experimenting with their game console.

And MS was trying something different until the internet said they wanted a more powerful 360

bionic77

MS made the big problem on price.

If they would have matched the PS4 price it would have been a very different story. But the bean counters won out. No one was selling at a loss of the scale these big companies normally start our the gen.

squicken

To be fair, Sony's not really in the position financially to start experimenting with their game console.

And MS was trying something different until the internet said they wanted a more powerful 360

I thought it was pretty by the end of last gen that people just wanted basically a custom PC that could act as an entertainment hub and play games. It was unreal the % of my friends list that would almost always be logged in to the Netflix app.

bionic77

I thought it was pretty by the end of last gen that people just wanted basically a custom PC that could act as an entertainment hub and play games. It was unreal the % of my friends list that would almost always be logged in to the Netflix app.
See you assholes!

It's not just me!!!!!

This is the future!

Top Bottom