• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

squicken

I'm gonna get this shirt

0JgSv9A.jpg

haha yes! I am not a jersey guy, but with a uniform change coming next year, I think people should hold off on that kind of expense until next year.

e: Big story from that Loggains interview is Jimmy wanted to trade up as high as 11. Glad he didn't get his way until 22

gutshot

Are we going to start up a general fantasy football thread again this year? Yahoo did a mini mock draft of just the rookies. Here were the top 5 picks:

Round 1 Pick 1 — Johnny Manziel, CLE, QB (Brad Evans)
Noise says – Crazy? Nuts? Insane? Not entirely. Yes, the Josh Gordon news is damning, but he will run like a madman in a Kyle Shanahan offense tailored to multi-dimensional passers. Recall Terrelle Pryor was the No. 16 QB in per game average last year. Manziel, light years more polished, has QB1 potential in Year 1 of 12-team leagues.

Round 1 Pick 2 — Bishop Sankey, TEN, RB (Brandon Funston)
Funston says – Not only was Sankey the first RB drafted in the '14 class, he also landed in the best situation, as only milquetoast vet Shonn Greene, who just had his second knee surgery of the past calendar year, stands in his way. Tennessee's offensive line is solid and the team should be run-centric. That bodes well for Sankey, an excellent athlete with great vision and lateral agility. I think 1,200 yards from scrimmage and 7-8 touchdowns is a realistic line for the University of Washington product.

Round 1 Pick 3 — Mike Evans, TB, WR (Andy Behrens)
Behrens says – Not only should Manziel not be the top overall pick in rookie drafts (Sankey is the clear No. 1), he shouldn't even be the top Texas A&M product selected. Evans landed in an excellent spot; he'll be a Day 1 starter in Tampa. He's a gigantic receiver (6-foot-5) with a ridiculous wingspan. If any first-year receiver is going to catch 7-9 touchdowns, it's this guy.

Round 1 Pick 4 — Sammy Watkins, BUF, WR (Dalton Del Don)
3D says – I’m not expecting a monster rookie season from Watkins, but he’s obviously explosive and should immediately lead the Bills in targets. His environment isn’t exactly ideal though.

Round 1 Pick 5 — Brandin Cooks, NO, WR (Scott Pianowski)
Pianowman says – He's got jets, a tremendous football IQ, and all the intangibles you'd want. Sean Payton and Drew Brees are going to fall in love with this kid. There's always plenty of mouths to feed in the New Orleans offense, but they also chuck it 650-700 times a year. Cooks can be fantasy relevant right away.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/fanta...ck-nfl-rookie-requisition-222116041--nfl.html

squicken

Are we going to start up a general fantasy football thread again this year? Yahoo did a mini mock draft of just the rookies. Here were the top 5 picks:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/fanta...ck-nfl-rookie-requisition-222116041--nfl.html

ez was the one who hated FF talk, and he's gone. Doesn't bother me. I have no idea how to feel about these guys right now. I guess in re-draft leagues I wouldn't be too excited about Watkins. As far as the Rams, I'd ignore anything that has Tre Mason too high. STL also likes Benny Cunningham, as well as Stacy. Could be a FF disaster team as far as week to week carries

MRSA

Banned
Alright friends, I'm making moink balls this morning for our Friday pot luck at work.

Is Khalil Mack the first top 10 pick to sign?

CLE as long as JFF is starting, though I have multiple monitors set up for Sunday Ticket during the season, so I don't have to choose!
Where are you standing with other teams right now? I guess you are still kind of paying attention to the Rams and maybe Colts? The Browns should be fun to watch this season, for sure.

gutshot

ez was the one who hated FF talk, and he's gone. Doesn't bother me. I have no idea how to feel about these guys right now. I guess in re-draft leagues I wouldn't be too excited about Watkins. As far as the Rams, I'd ignore anything that has Tre Mason too high. STL also likes Benny Cunningham, as well as Stacy. Could be a FF disaster team as far as week to week carries

Yeah, I'm not too high on Watkins this year. I'd actually take Cooks over him in re-draft leagues. Also I'm not touching JFF with a 10 foot pole in fantasy this year, but I guess he does have an RG3-as-a-rookie type ceiling (considering his skillset and OC) for anyone willing to roll the dice.

haha yes! I am not a jersey guy, but with a uniform change coming next year, I think people should hold off on that kind of expense until next year.

e: Big story from that Loggains interview is Jimmy wanted to trade up as high as 11. Glad he didn't get his way until 22
Not a jersey guy ethier, and think it's kinda silly cause were getting new unis next year.

squicken

Where are you standing with other teams right now? I guess you are still kind of paying attention to the Rams and maybe Colts? The Browns should be fun to watch this season, for sure.

CLE and STL are my two teams. I like Indy, but that's more like I hope they win when playing the Pats or Denver. Week to week I really don't care. Luck is so good and the division is so bad that they kind of just get penciled into the playoffs for the next 10 years

CLE as long as JFF is starting, though I have multiple monitors set up for Sunday Ticket during the season, so I don't have to choose!
Lol Squicken your my guy, but don't know how you can just switch teams like this haha. I understanding supporting a player, but switching to the whole team haha.
*hugs

effzee

Yeah, I'm not too high on Watkins this year. I'd actually take Cooks over him in re-draft leagues. Also I'm not touching JFF with a 10 foot pole in fantasy this year, but I guess he does have an RG3-as-a-rookie type ceiling (considering his skillset and OC) for anyone willing to roll the dice.

RG3 had a running game and better WRs.

Cleveland missing Trent Truck already.

CLE and STL are my two teams. I like Indy, but that's more like I hope they win when playing the Pats or Denver. Week to week I really don't care. Luck is so good and the division is so bad that they kind of just get penciled into the playoffs for the next 10 years
I hope I live to see the day when you don a Dolphins avatar!

Bowser

J'Marcus Webb - T - Free Agent
Free agent OT J'Marcus Webb worked out for the Panthers.
Webb visited the Vikings earlier this week, and made a trip to Kansas City in March. Webb appeared in eight games for Minnesota last season, playing 108 snaps. He's looking for work as a swing tackle. Carolina is the most tackle needy team in the league.
Related: Panthers

Source: Howard Balzer on Twitter
May 15 - 7:12 PM

4zdfPyc.png

The one guy worse than Byron Bell...

Crisco

Banned
4zdfPyc.png

The one guy worse than Byron Bell...

6'7" 330 pounds lol. That Travis Bond guy is gigantic too. Looks like the plan is to construct a line of massive stiffs and really lean on a power run game. Also, he has the worst name for a football player ever. Is his middle name 'Bust'?

gutshot

RG3 had a running game and better WRs.

Cleveland missing Trent Truck already.

Running game, yes. Better WRs though? Washington's leading receiver in 2012 was Josh Morgan with 48 catches. Without Gordon, Cleveland's receivers are probably comparable, with Gordon they are demonstrably better.

effzee

Running game, yes. Better WRs though? Washington's leading receiver in 2012 was Josh Morgan with 48 catches. Without Gordon, Cleveland's receivers are probably comparable, with Gordon they are demonstrably better.

Didn't they have Garcon his rookie season?

The combination of Garcon, Morgan, Moss, and their TEs was/is better than the skill position players Manziel will have if Gordon is gone for the season.

And of course the running game was tremendous. It really opened up the play action passing game. None of that in Cleveland.

Bowser

The combination of Garcon, Morgan, Moss, and their TEs was/is better than the skill position players Manziel will have if Gordon is gone for the season.

And of course the running game was tremendous. It really opened up the play action passing game. None of that in Cleveland.

Didn't Garcon fuck up his foot IRG3's rookie season? I think he missed like half the season or something.

Talon

Garcon started off on fire - he had that long ass touchdown on his first catch - but then hurt his foot and was out for most of the middle of the season. Came back late and wasn't the same.

effzee

Garcon started off on fire - he had that long ass touchdown on his first catch - but then hurt his foot and was out for most of the middle of the season. Came back late and wasn't the same.

Damn I don't even remember that.

Getting old sucks.

Still Redskins run game > anything Cleveland has on offense now that Gordon is gone.

MK8 looks sweet. Maybe I can finally make some time, finish some games I have still in their packaging, and spend countless hours with MK8. :(

Talon

Getting old sucks.

Still Redskins run game > anything Cleveland has on offense now that Gordon is gone.

MK8 looks sweet. Maybe I can finally make some time, finish some games I have still in their packaging, and spend countless hours with MK8. :(
Now that is true. Morris had a ridiculous season for them toting the rock.

Getting old sucks.

Idk about the run game thing, going into Rg3s rookie season the redskins backs were royster , kieland Williams, Roy helu(?), and Morris with was what a 6th round pick? Don't think anyone expected that production.

The browns run game now consist of Ben Tate (injury concerns) but many considered the top FA pick. 3rd round Rb pick in West, highly thought of Undfa Isaiah Crowell. I'll also dare to say we have a better line

Wr: as of now we have some serviceable Wrs that can get it done, no game changers. But a prob bowl TE in Cameron who would have served as the number 2 target in shannys O. Should be looked at as our number 1 target now.

#WreckThisLeague

Damn GTAV has passed 10m sold at retail. That is such a crazy number but well deserved. No idea how they are going to top Trevor in the next game.

gutshot

The Browns going the Panthers route of not actually having any WRs.

Also, you can forget what I said about the Browns receivers being as good or better than the Skins 2012 receivers.

EDIT: Just saw that they already signed Miles Austin and Earl Bennett. I guess that is better than nothing, but I'm still not loving JFF's potential, real or fantasy.

bionic77

Is ez ever coming back? I miss him. Also, are the Browns your main team this year squicken?
I also miss ez.

And ez is right to hate FF. That's some bullshit.

Also squicken have you ever followed a North team before? If Johnny can beat the Steelers or Ravens and clowns on our defenses things will be real interesting very quickly. Cleveland is due for something fun like that. Still doubt it happens though.

Bowser

Seems like there's gotta be something more behind the sudden release, especially since Gordon is likely to be gone for at least a significant amount of time. Little's been a disappointment relative to where he was drafted, but he's still a solid #3 guy.

The Browns going the Panthers route of not actually having any WRs.

Also, you can forget what I said about the Browns receivers being as good or better than the Skins 2012 receivers.

EDIT: Just saw that they already signed Miles Austin and Earl Bennett. I guess that is better than nothing, but I'm still not loving JFF's potential, real or fantasy.

Browns releasing Little is addition by subtraction. Dude can't catch.

gutshot

Seems like there's gotta be something more behind the sudden release, especially since Gordon is likely to be gone for at least a significant amount of time. Little's been a disappointment relative to where he was drafted, but he's still a solid #3 guy.

Has anyone checked his Instagram lately?

Top Bottom