• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Tom Penny

Seems like there's gotta be something more behind the sudden release, especially since Gordon is likely to be gone for at least a significant amount of time. Little's been a disappointment relative to where he was drafted, but he's still a solid #3 guy.

He can't catch. That's kind of important.

Fox318

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m
Browns have released WR Greg Little.
817ur1N.gif
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0veS8IG7Gk#t=16

MechDX

Tony Grossi ‏@TonyGrossi · 4m
Phil Taylor only #Browns player left from trade of Julio Jones pick in 2011 draft. #wreckthisleague

Man. Everytime I think "fuck the Texans" I look at the Browns and feel better.Ill give you Browns fans some credit for sticking with them.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Damn GTAV has passed 10m sold at retail. That is such a crazy number but well deserved. No idea how they are going to top Trevor in the next game.

Damn, I just saw an article where Ubisoft predicts that Watch_Dogs to sell 6 million. I mean, I want that game pretty badly, but...if GTAV's just now passing 10 Mill... :lol

Also squicken have you ever followed a North team before? If Johnny can beat the Steelers or Ravens and clowns on our defenses things will be real interesting very quickly. Cleveland is due for something fun like that. Still doubt it happens though.

It's Cleveland, so there will probably be a QB competition that gets a lot of attention before the season, with JFF winning out, the city's excitement swells and the anticipation of his first game is the most hype filled event since Lebron was drafted. In the first game of the season, the first drive, JFF is living up the to the hype, slipping away from defenders in the pocked, sending sharp passes all over the field, and generally looking like the savior Cleveland thought he would be. As JFF walks into the endzone on a naked bootleg to give Cleveland their first score, he drops the ball, throws up his "money" hand gesture (trademark pending), but in a freak accident, his index and ring finger get tangled on his throwing hand, and the motion of rubbing his fingers together to indicate "money goes here," as in his celebratory gesture, causing massive damage to his flexor tendons, and irreversable destruction of the palmar fascia. His career is over.

Fox318

Why did they cut Greg Little? He's making like 800k this year. I know he's regressed but damn.

Because he sucks and is a constant reminder to fans of the old ownership group and a reminder of how inept and football stupid Mike Holmgren is.

Browns need to move forward and cut the useless weight that is Greg Little.

squicken

I also miss ez.

And ez is right to hate FF. That's some bullshit.

Also squicken have you ever followed a North team before? If Johnny can beat the Steelers or Ravens and clowns on our defenses things will be real interesting very quickly. Cleveland is due for something fun like that. Still doubt it happens though.

No my first time in the AFC North. Good opportunity for CLE compared to the previous decade. We will see how Cincy responds to losing so many coaches Dunno how to feel about Pittsburgh. Old or still one last run in them like BAL with Lewis?

No my first time in the AFC North. Good opportunity for CLE compared to the previous decade. We will see how Cincy responds to losing so many coaches Dunno how to feel about Pittsburgh. Old or still one last run in them like BAL with Lewis?
Cowher's team is gone save for Ike and Troy (and Ike is more Tomlin's guy anyway). In their current incarnation they're about 2 drafts from contending for a title again.

Damn, I just saw an article where Ubisoft predicts that Watch_Dogs to sell 6 million. I mean, I want that game pretty badly, but...if GTAV's just now passing 10 Mill... :lol

I have heard good things about Watch Dogs but I think Ubisoft is going to be disappointed if they really stick to that 6m number. It is hard for new ips to break out like that with their first entry.

Why did they cut Greg Little? He's making like 800k this year. I know he's regressed but damn.

Not a Pettine or HoFarmer guy,plus did the guy a favor and cut him early to he could try to latch on someplace else.

after the two FA signings, you still got Travis Benjamin, Andrew Hawkins and Burleson who should be back by training camp. They picked up a couple good UDFA WRs as well, one or two will probably latch on, and who knows, maybe the Gordon suspension won't be that long.

I forgot Greg was a 2nd round pick, lol smh Heckert. Never thought he would make the team anyway, even with the Gordon suspension. Thought he'd atleast make it to camp though #HoFarmer

I don't think he is worth that but they are the Browns so logic gets thrown out.

Not sure where you've been but the Trent Truck Trade, and the Fleecing of Buffalos first rounder next year makes their logic pretty damn good lately.

Not their fault Gordon was an idiot for hanging out with the Magic Dragon.

Bowser

Yeah I was behind and didn't see his post. Makes sense then. I would think CAR should still take a look. I guess it depends on what his character issues are

I think he's worth a flier and worth bringing in for camp, although I honestly don't know if he'd make the team as anything more than a #4 WR at best (this is assuming Benjamin looks good in camp):

Benjamin
Cotchery
Avant

Are probably locked in. I'm kind of excited about Philly Brown, former OSU WR. We picked him up as an UDFA, but I think could make a great #4. He put up 63 rec, 771 yards and 10 TDs last season and is a great kick returner as well.

Spinluck

I have heard good things about Watch Dogs but I think Ubisoft is going to be disappointed if they really stick to that 6m number. It is hard for new ips to break out like that with their first entry.

I think I'm burned out on sandbox games. I feel nothing when I look at Watchdogs, and the game isn't carrying the same hype for me as it did in its initial E3 reveal (not even close actually).

Last one I played was Infamous Second Son, and that shit was fun (looked fucking amazing too). I can't really recall any games I'm excited for besides Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, and Mario Kart 8(?) (Evolved actually looks really really cool) The only game I'm playing at the moment is Fire Emblem 3DS, I still haven't hooked my PS4 back up since my trip, lol.

Maybe they'll announce some good stuff at E3.

Bowser

Pete Damilatis ‏ @ PFF_Pete 1m
Greg Little has a -28.1 @ PFF grade in his 3 NFL seasons. No other WR was worse than -17.4 in that span.

I for one won't miss this.

images

eExzsyM.jpg

I understand what you mean, but it seems like the first one is a bit unfair (without the video of the play obviously)...not exactly an "easy catch"

Jesus, how many of those Butch Davis recruits actually turned out to be good pros? Robert Quinn? Nicks? Anyone else?

Ebron was a Butch Davis recruit, although he definitely thrived in Fedora's system. Quinn and Nicks have both put up good years like you've mentioned. Jury's out on Cooper but he was looking great (admittedly in preseason action) before he broke his leg last season. But yeah, given that Carolina's had 9 players drafted in the first 2 rounds over the past 3 years (and 5 first round picks over the least 5 years), their collective performance both in college and in the pros leaves something to be desired.

Top Bottom