• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

I understand what you mean, but it seems like the first one is a bit unfair (without the video of the play obviously)...not exactly an "easy catch"

Reminds me of Stafford's mythical drop rate. So many of those drops are speed balls throw right at the receiver's toes or shins, I wouldn't call them drops. They're bad passes.

I understand what you mean, but it seems like the first one is a bit unfair (without the video of the play obviously)...not exactly an "easy catch"

Well to be fair, it was mainly Weeden and Campbell throwing him the ball. Still, dude was awful. I just love how he looks in that first picture. Definitely addition by subtraction, find a hungry football player instead to make the team.

Crisco

Banned

Ebron was a Butch Davis recruit, although he definitely thrived in Fedora's system. Quinn and Nicks have both put up good years like you've mentioned. Jury's out on Cooper but he was looking great (admittedly in preseason action) before he broke his leg last season. But yeah, given that Carolina's had 9 players drafted in the first 2 rounds over the past 3 years (and 5 first round picks over the least 5 years), their collective performance both in college and in the pros leaves something to be desired.

Gio looked really good with the Browns last year, forgot about him. He could be a 1500+ yard rusher with enough touches. Might be the best of all of them.

Bowser

Gio looked really good with the Browns last year, forgot about him. He could be a 1500+ yard rusher with enough touches. Might be the best of all of them.

Oh damn, totally forgot about Gio. He had some insane plays last season:

gi-bernard-run.gif

gioTD.gif

gio6.gif

gio5.gif

uncpr.gif

Had to sneak that last one in there :p

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Hallelujah! Greg Little and his bum ass drops are gone!

And fuck, that first image Batman, I remember the play. Thursday night football right in the end zone. An actually good throw by Weeden to a place only Little could get it. Right in his hands and out.

Next few plays Weeden throws the ball out of the end zone to end the game.

Got a Dell Venue Pro 8.1 tablet.

Pretty sweet little device. Full version of Windows 8.1 on it and its pretty damned fast.

Got the Bluetooth keyboard, too.

I was really excited for Greg Little when he was drafted. I was hoping the Browns finally had a guy.

I am not a Browns fan, but I desperately want them to win. I hope Pettine can turn them around.

Got a Dell Venue Pro 8.1 tablet.

Pretty sweet little device. Full version of Windows 8.1 on it and its pretty damned fast.

Got the Bluetooth keyboard, too.

I want a windows 8 tablet so bad now that my touchpad is totally dead but there are so many different ones on the market it is hard to decide.

ShaneB

Looks great.

Perhaps I'll splurge on groceries tonight and get some extra things to enjoy over the long weekend.

Also, on the topic of squicken, I suppose I'm as much like him as anything. I love seeing a lot of teams do well. I mean I've wrote before about the Seahawks and where I stood and my thoughts, but would I love to see the Browns turn it all around and win? Heck yeah, that would be a great story, same with a bunch of other franchises that have struggled in long droughts or have never won Championships. A reason I hate when the Seahawks play the early Sunday games because I have so much fun just watching the 1pm RedZone and seeing all the action.

I just love Football!

Love these comments on Greg Little's departure.

"Ill miss his 5 yard catches followed by 15 yards of unsportsmanlike penalties"

"Greg Mr Dependable Little can no longer be depended on dropping a few balls a game for us now"

"Looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane"
Jane would definitely play better.

"Damnit Browns stop making logical decisions."

Looks great.

Perhaps I'll splurge on groceries tonight and get some extra things to enjoy over the long weekend.

Also, on the topic of squicken, I suppose I'm as much like him as anything. I love seeing a lot of teams do well. I mean I've wrote before about the Seahawks and where I stood and my thoughts, but would I love to see the Browns turn it all around and win? Heck yeah, that would be a great story, same with a bunch of other franchises that have struggled in long droughts or have never won Championships. A reason I hate when the Seahawks play the early Sunday games because I have so much fun just watching the 1pm RedZone and seeing all the action.

I just love Football!

Root for the Patriots next year. The city of Boston needs a title to end the long drought.

Remember when y'all thought Wheeler was a good signing?

Personally I thought it was more of a lateral move than an upgrade, of course it turns out to be a complete failure like everything else the dolphins try to do

Looks great.

I just love Football!

I like watching teams that have never won a SB win one (except the pats, they can continue to go without a superbowl until the end of time) but I don't actively root for them during the season or anything. I'll always only root for the dolphins.

I want a windows 8 tablet so bad now that my touchpad is totally dead but there are so many different ones on the market it is hard to decide.
Depends on your needs, really. I have little need to spend the money on a Surface Pro (despite the Pro being an awesome device) but I wanted something that gave me full Windows 8.1 in a small form factor and the Venue fit the bill. I got it from a friend who works for Microsoft cheap ($150) so that helped, too.

I'm editing an excel spreadsheet on it for work using the Bluetooth keyboard and the student version of Office 365 and there's little to complain about. It seems like it will be a good productivity tool.

Also, the thing handles gifs on websites without flaw. I was looking at that Watch Dogs leaked thread and the gifs animated no problem with no slowdown or page hangups. I look at that page on my iPad 3 and I might as well close the browser down.

Depends on your needs, really. I have little need to spend the money on a Surface Pro (despite the Pro being an awesome device) but I wanted something that gave me full Windows 8.1 in a small form factor and the Venue fit the bill. I got it from a friend who works for Microsoft cheap ($150) so that helped, too.

I'm editing an excel spreadsheet on it for work using the Bluetooth keyboard and the student version of Office 365 and there's little to complain about. It seems like it will be a good productivity tool.

Also, the thing handles gifs on websites without flaw. I was looking at that Watch Dogs leaked thread and the gifs animated no problem with no slowdown or page hangups. I look at that page on my iPad 3 and I might as well close the browser down.

Damn that sounds awesome, my touchpad couldnt really do gifs either. Cant believe you got one for $150. That is such an amazing price.

ShaneB

I like watching teams that have never won a SB win one (except the pats, they can continue to go without a superbowl until the end of time) but I don't actively root for them during the season or anything. I'll always only root for the dolphins.

Fair and valid points. People have their teams to root for during the season, but I just love seeing other teams win as well, just to spread the love and actually love Football every year. Same for all sports.

She gets a rise out of me every morning,

Heck yeah!

MechDX

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli · 7m
Open locker room today for rookie camp. Rookies don't get real lockers until they make the roster. Not even the first overall pick. #Texans

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro · 11m
No more names on individual lockers n #Texans locker room, just numbers. We are waiting to talk to rookies at rookie camp.

Some of you, especially squicken, say this college mentality wont fly in the NFL but In Houston this is refreshing after no accountability Kubiak. Spots just given to people and players who Kubiak liked with no repercussions if they struggled.

Draxal

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli · 7m
Open locker room today for rookie camp. Rookies don't get real lockers until they make the roster. Not even the first overall pick. #Texans

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro · 11m
No more names on individual lockers n #Texans locker room, just numbers. We are waiting to talk to rookies at rookie camp.

Some of you, especially squicken, say this college mentality wont fly in the NFL but In Houston this is refreshing after no accountability Kubiak. Spots just given to people and players who Kubiak liked with no repercussions if they struggled.

I don't think its as drastic as say as a Saban or Schiano. O'Brien has his roots in the NFL, so I think he'll adjust.

squicken

Skip Bayless with a JFF column

Yet: I must admit, Haslam's message to Manziel might concern his after-hours behavior even more than his rookie humility. I've now heard from several sources that the main reason Manziel fell to 22 had more to do with his partying/drinking than his height/durability/scrambling.

One story that made the NFL rounds just before the draft: The Texans had asked Manziel to lie low and remain on his best behavior. Yet, about a month before the draft, Manziel attended the Masters … where he appeared to have too much to drink.

For the record, he was with his dad and uncle, and Jordan Spieth, who led the Masters through seven holes on Sunday, is one of his closest friends.

BG, you probably don't want to read that. mech, don't read that until you have some "alone time"

Do you know if you can hook a 360 controller to it? That would be awesome for playing games.

Yep. Wired 360 pads work and you can hook up the wireless dongle via USB and install the drivers and use the wireless if you like.

Again, it's running the full version of Windows 8.1. Anything that runs on that, runs on this.

(storage options are nice, too. Micro SD and Sim supported as well as the USB port if you want to hook up a flash drive). I ordered a 64gb Micro SD card for it today.

Mainly for Squicken and other who read the article this morning and thinks Haslam all of sudden forced the pick.
Go to Nathan Zequras twitter he works on Cleveland Browns daily, with is taped in the actuall browns headquarters. He knew about the texts the day after the draft and reported it last Friday while Manziel was on the show. A lot of good tweets I don't want to post all. But basically everyone was involved in the process. Cleveland browns daily is on right now actually.
Also are you gonna listen to Grossi who said we had no interest in the guy, then said we had two different draft cards, then today's story?
Nathan's twitter though https://mobile.twitter.com/NathanZegura

Hey all PS3 owners Digital Devil Saga is going to come to PSN soon. Do yourself a favor and download it. It was by far my favorite PS2 game. It is a turn-based RPG, but the story was so bat shit insane that you really have to experience it.

Also Disgaea 4 has been announced for vita. So glad I decided to skip it on PS3, those games are so good on the go.

MRSA

Banned
Dearest friends,

I ask again to keep jakncoke in your thoughts.

Today he found out his grandmother had a stroke and is having severe left sided deficits.

Top Bottom