• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

MechDX

PDS ‏@PatDStat · 35s
Fiedorowicz is 6-5 and 265 lbs. and said O'Brien put him through a personal pro day at Iowa. Said it was all about catching pass. #Texans

BOB wants his Gronk. Wonder how he looks shirtless?

Found it!
F547927.JPG

CBOAT was right, YH.

About? Clearly he knew about the Halo 5 info that was posted 5 hours or so after he posted on GAF. Do you mean the kinect-less XB1? If so then yes he was totally right about it, but it sounds like MS didnt even know that they were going to do a kinectless version back when CBOAT posted about it. This seems like something Phil was pushing for since he has never been on board with kinect. The whole Halo post seems like CBOAT finding out something early and trying to use it to get his credibility back. We will see if he goes back to his old ways or not around E3.

squicken

Mainly for Squicken and other who read the article this morning and thinks Haslam all of sudden forced the pick.
Go to Nathan Zequras twitter he works on Cleveland Browns daily, with is taped in the actuall browns headquarters. He knew about the texts the day after the draft and reported it last Friday while Manziel was on the show. A lot of good tweets I don't want to post all. But basically everyone was involved in the process. Cleveland browns daily is on right now actually.
Also are you gonna listen to Grossi who said we had no interest in the guy, then said we had two different draft cards, then today's story?
Nathan's twitter though https://mobile.twitter.com/NathanZegura

Thanks BG! I don't want to rely on Grossi. He was way off on his delusional 2 draft cards/1 was Teddy story. Now he's trying make it look like Haslam is running amok b/c it distracts from how wrong he was. Sadly I can't listen to that show, but will follow that dude on Twitter

jbug617

Banned
About? Clearly he knew about the Halo 5 info that was posted 5 hours or so after he posted on GAF. Do you mean the kinect-less XB1? If so then yes he was totally right about it, but it sounds like MS didnt even know that they were going to do a kinectless version back when CBOAT posted about it. This seems like something Phil was pushing for since he has never been on board with kinect. The whole Halo post seems like CBOAT finding out something early and trying to use it to get his credibility back. We will see if he goes back to his old ways or not around E3.

Same time CBOAT posted it was around the same time Shinobi was teasing it on twitter. A lot of people knew what it was due to the embargo.

Same time CBOAT posted it was around the same time Shinobi was teasing it on twitter. A lot of people knew what it was due to the embargo.

Yeah I saw that shinobi was teasing it so it couldnt have been a huge secret, but I will still give CBOAT credit for knowing about it. He is at least as connected a shinobi is.

Draxal

Hey all PS3 owners Digital Devil Saga is going to come to PSN soon. Do yourself a favor and download it. It was by far my favorite PS2 game. It is a turn-based RPG, but the story was so bat shit insane that you really have to experience it.

Also Disgaea 4 has been announced for vita. So glad I decided to skip it on PS3, those games are so good on the go.

Ignore my trolling of Chan about Valkyria Chonicles last year. If you like Japanese strat rpgs, the ps3 is worth buying just for that game alone. Its a sin that the canvas engine wasn't used for another game.

Dragon

Banned
Ignore my trolling of Chan about Valkyria Chonicles last year. If you like Japanese strat rpgs, the ps3 is worth buying just for that game alone. Its a sin that the canvas engine wasn't used for another game.

Eh, I already own the PS2 version! I remember getting stuck on a particular boss and that the story of the game is bizarre to say the least.

tumblr_n2hzzzQIVC1rkqrw6o1_250.gif

MechDX

Draxal

Eh, I already own the PS2 version! I remember getting stuck on a particular boss and that the story of the game is bizarre to say the least.

Kinda confused here, did you mean to quote YH on Disgaea, or are you mistaking this series with Valkyria Profile (Valkyria Chornicles first game was on the PS3).

why is it the NFL front offices job to notify teams of these things? it has no effect on his eligibility to play in the league. why was it so easy for the NFL front office to find out but not the rams? is their scouting/investigative department so inept?

MechDX

Florio got that from a piece in the STL paper. Guess the league is also leaning to putting STL on Hard Knocks. The league PR dude on Twitter denies they knew. A few Rams players went to management about the Oprah show. Such crap. Way too much drama for a 7th round pick who is long shot to make the team

And the inevitable backlash if they cut Sam

squicken

And the inevitable backlash if they cut Sam

Yep. They have to let him play in preseason games before they cut him. A lot of this was Fisher wanting the attention. I think he knew all along he was doing this. He had Michael Silver embedded all 3 days in the Rams' war room. Silver wrote a very favorable piece about Fisher. Rams and Fisher got a lot of PR from it initially, but that will all change if they handle the reality TV stuff poorly

Draxal

Yep. They have to let him play in preseason games before they cut him. A lot of this was Fisher wanting the attention. I think he knew all along he was doing this. He had Michael Silver embedded all 3 days in the Rams' war room. Silver wrote a very favorable piece about Fisher. Rams and Fisher got a lot of PR from it initially, but that will all change if they handle the reality TV stuff poorly

I think Sam handled this poorly (the tv deal, don't care about anything else); but this is making the Rams look more inept.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 1m
.@gregaiello says the NFL "Did not know anything about (Sam's OWN deal) until after the draft and have not agreed to anything about it."

The Raiders announce Friday they have signed 11 undrafted free agents. Here is the list of rookies signed followed by the player description according to the team's press release:

Player Pos. Ht. Wt. College
Atkinson III, George RB 6-1 218 Notre Dame
Coles, D.J. WR 6-3 225 Virginia Tech
Davis, Mike WR 6-0 189 Texas
Fields, Carlos LB 6-1 238 Winston-Salem State
Grigsby, Noel WR 5-10 185 San Jose State
Kistler, Dan T 6-7 315 Montana
Ladson, Erle T 6-6 346 Delaware
Murphy, Jake TE 6-4 249 Utah
Roberts, Seth WR 6-2 196 West Alabama
Simonson, Scott TE 6-5 249 Assumption
Williams, Karl FB 6-0 244 Utah

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Florio got that from a piece in the STL paper. Guess the league is also leaning to putting STL on Hard Knocks. The league PR dude on Twitter denies they knew. A few Rams players went to management about the Oprah show. Such crap. Way too much drama for a 7th round pick who is long shot to make the team

I'm glad the Packers didn't draft him for these reasons. I'm also not sure if they can really afford the public backlash of cutting him either....that's the other side of this.

edit: Beaten! Seems like you all already thought about the ramifications of him just not being good enough but can he be cut?

gutshot

Marcus Smith said he'd heard that both the Cardinals (27) and Redskins (34) were interested in drafting him. So maybe the Eagles taking him at 26 wasn't quite the reach all the draft experts said.

i don't really see the problem with the show. players have had reality shows in the past. it's not like he's going to be working out 24/7 or something. probably just another thing people can chuck at the dart board if he doesn't make the rams and say "see! he cared more about being the first openly gay player than just another football player! stupid fa...."

Marcus Smith said he'd heard that both the Cardinals (27) and Redskins (34) were interested in drafting him. So maybe the Eagles taking him at 26 wasn't quite the reach all the draft experts said.

Then why did Howie say that they tried to trade down again from 26 but couldnt find any takers?

Wes

venison crêpe
Cya Little. If only you could do the primary task of the position you played you would be a good player.

Greg Hardy's Arsenal

image001.png

Paging eznark.

On a scale from "GAF freaking out over a deer shooter because it has scary looking parts" to "GAF freaking out because it actually is terrifyingly powerful" where do these guns rank?

effzee

Did he say they were interested in him at some point or at picks 27 and 34?

Because I am sure tons of teams were interested in him in the 2nd to 5th rounds.

Also was he told this like Huff was told exactly when and where he would be picked or was he just told "yeah maybe we will see"?

Then why did Howie say that they tried to trade down again from 26 but couldnt find any takers?

Man imagine if they traded down again, picked up an extra pick, and still got Smith and Mathews in the 2nd round.

squicken

Cleveland Browns must let Johnny Manziel be Johnny Manziel

In case Manziel wasn't getting the message that he's not all that, the Browns, a struggling franchise looking to give a passionate fan base reason to cheer, are also limiting media access to the player who has instantly shot to the top of the NFL's jersey-selling charts -- because, you know, they wouldn't want their potential franchise quarterback to get the impression that he's good or anything.

It's over the top and it's bizarre, and I'm having a hard time fathoming what the rationale is. Apparently, the Browns' brass is extremely concerned that Manziel's swagger, large personality and freakishly developed competitive drive will serve as a destructive force if it is allowed to roam unchecked -- that, in essence, they must tame this wild beast from the get-go, lest he become a monster.

If so, that brings up an obvious question: Why the hell did you draft him, then?

Bingo

===

Kracken's ready for the zombie apocalypse it seems

Did he say they were interested in him at some point or at picks 27 and 34?

Because I am sure tons of teams were interested in him in the 2nd to 5th rounds.

Also was he told this like Huff was told exactly when and where he would be picked or was he just told "yeah maybe we will see"?

Man imagine if they traded down again, picked up an extra pick, and still got Smith and Mathews in the 2nd round.

I would feel much better about the draft then. Watkins is the player I am most excited about but that is more I am desperate for someone to step up at safety and replace Jenkins and it sounds like Watkins will move to safety in the NFL.

Top Bottom