• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

effzee

I would feel much better about the draft then. Watkins is the player I am most excited about but that is more I am desperate for someone to step up at safety and replace Jenkins and it sounds like Watkins will move to safety in the NFL.

I like Mathews and obviously we needed to replace Desean. Huff is also growing on me the more I read on him. My main problems are not really the players they picked but how they went about it. Why? Because if they played it smarter they could have gotten the same players and possibly 2 more guys.

Two more guys in a your average draft whatever but this was supposed to be a very deep draft. That extra 2nd round pick or extra 3rd round pick could have netted them a higher graded CB or S.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Boose

i don't really see the problem with the show. players have had reality shows in the past. it's not like he's going to be working out 24/7 or something. probably just another thing people can chuck at the dart board if he doesn't make the rams and say "see! he cared more about being the first openly gay player than just another football player! stupid fa...."

Agreed. People keep saying reality show. But from what I've read it is a documentary. Not the real housewives or some shit like that.

The only problem I have is him being an asshole to reporters at his press conference. Which is understandable he is probably tired of the questions. But to then go back on all that he said about just focusing on football and making the team makes me upset as a fan.

Writer seems a bit dramatic. What exactly does he want? 24 hour access to the kid? The media blows everything out of proportion as this article is a perfect example. The Browns just don't want a circus, can't blame them for that, and I doubt it is somehow damaging JFF's confidence or development. Chargers did the same thing with Te'o last year. Let Johnny focus on football and getting prepared to start.

rando14

Gonna go see Godzilla with my posse!! I hope it doesn't blow ass!!

sBwiraC.jpg

Writer seems a bit dramatic. What exactly does he want? 24 hour access to the kid? The media blows everything out of proportion as this article is a perfect example. The Browns just don't want a circus, can't blame them for that, and I doubt it is somehow damaging JFF's confidence or development. Chargers did the same thing with Te'o last year. Let Johnny focus on football and getting prepared to start.

Paolantonio was insightful about the issue after what he saw with Tebow. The Browns are limiting access to protect Manziel.

Kas is on the radio right now talking to Howie Roseman. A caller to his show just said that the Eagles needed to trade up for Ebron, he wanted them to trade the whole draft for him. My god that is the worst thing I have ever heard.

JABEE

Marcus Smith said he'd heard that both the Cardinals (27) and Redskins (34) were interested in drafting him. So maybe the Eagles taking him at 26 wasn't quite the reach all the draft experts said.

It's almost as if McShay and Kiper don't manage NFL teams and their draft boards aren't gospel when it comes to whether someone is a reach or not.

JABEE

Kas is on the radio right now talking to Howie Roseman. A caller to his show just said that the Eagles needed to trade up for Ebron, he wanted them to trade the whole draft for him. My god that is the worst thing I have ever heard.

He wanted to trade the whole draft for a wide receiver?

It's almost as if McShay and Kiper don't manage NFL teams and their draft boards aren't gospel when it comes to whether someone is a reach or not.

No one is going off of any one board but when 0 boards have him in the first, and then the GM himself comes out and says that they didnt want to take him at 26 but couldnt trade down and were worried that he wouldnt be there at 54, it is very easy to see that it was a reach at 26.

He wanted to trade the whole draft for a wide receiver?

jnc. Howie's reply to the guy was the Eagles felt really good about their TE situation.

MechDX

Savage has a quick release and can get the ball on receivers in a hurry. #Texans

Savage's most impressive throws were from far hash across the field to receivers in stride outside the numbers. #Texans

Savage didn't practice like a rookie today. Confidence and looked to be in control on the field. Impressed me on his first day. #Texans

#savage future.

Not sure if it's been posted, but Pro Football Focus' top 101 players list has been released: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/05/16/the-pff-101-top-to-bottom/ JJ Watt is #1.

Patriots on the list are Darrelle Revis at 18, Devin McCourty at 22, Nate Solder at 71, and Tom Brady at 90. No Gronk, because this is a cumulative list and he is the light that burns twice as bright.

Just 1 more year until we dont have to see him on lists like this at all.

Edit: Eagles have 4, Mathis, Shady, Cole, and Djax! :(

MechDX

Clowney moves with ease and can cover ground in a hurry. Coach Vrabel was coaching him up plenty today. #Texans

Seeing Jadeveon Clowney move is a sight to see. He ran down Alfred Blue on a swing pass where Blue had a 5 yard head start. #Texans

#vrabel and hnnnnnggggggh

Not sure if it's been posted, but Pro Football Focus' top 101 players list has been released: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/05/16/the-pff-101-top-to-bottom/ JJ Watt is #1.

Patriots on the list are Darrelle Revis at 18, Devin McCourty at 22, Nate Solder at 71, and Tom Brady at 90. No Gronk, because this is a cumulative list and he is the light that burns twice as bright.

23. Brent Grimes
46. Cameron Wake

Sounds about right :/ (wake is underrated though)

squicken

P. Schrager @PSchrags
WWE stock plummet is the sports biz story of the day. Finance friend tells me Vince McMahon may have lost over $400 million in 8 hours.

There are GAFfers who won't survive this news. If the fake stuff gets them going who knows the impact of something real

effzee

It wasn't just McShay or Kiper.

None of the former GMs, scouts, or football writers had him going in the first. This is from all the people ESPN and NFLN had on their broadcasts. Then we have quotes from NFC personnel people saying the same thing.

Boose

<3 Quinn. I like seeing Jake Long on there too. A few casual fans I talk to seem to think he was a waste last year.

JABEE

No one is going off of any one board but when 0 boards have him in the first, and then the GM himself comes out and says that they didnt want to take him at 26 but couldnt trade down and were worried that he wouldnt be there at 54, it is very easy to see that it was a reach at 26.

jnc. Howie's reply to the guy was the Eagles felt really good about their TE situation.

Howie wishes he could clown on the guy.

Also, you guys are right that Smith wasn't on any 1st round boards at any outlet, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it. All we can do is move on. It sucks, but I want to give him a chance. He was in almost everyone's top 64. I don't think there is that much of a separation between 26 and moving back to 33. They should have got more picks in a trade if they wanted him at a later spot, but I'm okay with it.

MechDX

Dat #1 spot ......

that big ass fucking contract!$140 million incoming

Does anyone have any experience buying tickets off ticket exchange or stub hub?

Is my best bet to wait until closer to the game when people might be more desperate to sell, or should I buy now before supply is constrained.

I have to find a way to go to this 49ers @ Dallas game week 1, been living nearby for 5 years now, but I'm not super excited about paying 200 for a nosebleed section ticket

Top Bottom