• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Does anyone have any experience buying tickets off ticket exchange or stub hub?

Is my best bet to wait until closer to the game when people might be more desperate to sell, or should I buy now before supply is constrained.

I have to find a way to go to this 49ers @ Dallas game week 1, been living nearby for 5 years now, but I'm not super excited about paying 200 for a nosebleed section ticket

I've used stub hub for concerts and shows and usually they get more expensive and there is less of a selection the longer you wait, for cheap but last minute tickets it's better to search Craigslist because people get desperate to sell off those tickets. I've gotten really good deals on last minute concert tickets from Craigslist.

MechDX

Mathis claims he received incorrect info from a Dr. about whether a fertility drug would result in a positive PED test result

Damn NFL players getting pregnant. Free Cushing!!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Robert Mathis said:
It is difficult for me to address the circumstances surrounding this suspension because they involve very personal medical information, but it is very important to me that my fans, particularly young people, understand what did and did not occur. Like many families, my wife and I faced fertility challenges, and I sought medical assistance. I specifically asked the doctor if the medication he prescribed for me would present a problem for NFL drug testing, and unfortunately, he incorrectly told me that it would not. I made the mistake of not calling the NFL or NFLPA to double check before I took the medication at the end of last season. The union has worked very closely with me to present all of the facts and medical records for consideration of discipline that does not include a suspension because of the unique facts of my case, but the Commissioner refused the request. I am deeply saddened that this situation will prevent me from contributing to my team for four games, and I regret that I didn't cross check what my doctor told me before I took the medication. I hope that my fans will understand the unique circumstances involved here and continue to know that I am a man of integrity who would never intentionally circumvent the performance enhancing substance policy agreed to by the NFL and my union. The incredible blessing of this very upsetting situation is that, after I took the medication very briefly at the end of last season, we learned that my wife is expecting a baby. We are thrilled that we will be welcoming a new member in several months, but I apologize to my teammates, coaches and Colts fans that I will not be able to contribute to my team for the first four weeks of the 2014 season. I will work extremely hard during that time to stay in top football shape and will be prepared to contribute immediately upon my return.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s1pivq

Tamanon

Banned
Has any player ever actually admitted to taking PEDs in the NFL? It's always something else and the NFL can't say what it is because of their regulations.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
In memory of Greg Little.

Please play this song while partaking of gifs and images found from the internet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtUVQei3nX4

littledrop1.gif

UsainBoltPose.jpg

littledrop2.gif

Greg-Little-Likes-to-Dance.gif

littlegator.gif

greg+little+browns+bengals.jpg

cdyhybrid

Seattle Seahawks @seahawks
.@PRichJr catches a deep 60 yard bomb from @KeithPrice17 for pay dirt. "That's one," he says. #SeahawksRookies minicamp.

PRich future!

Furyous

Skip Baseless is already polluting the minds of the Browns' fan base. I wish he'd pick another QB to stan for. I can't take a full season of this guy speaking on the Browns. Remember, this is the same guy that wanted Mark Sanchez benched for the third string QB and Rex Ryan fired after week three of that season. He'll call for a coach firing and front office replacement after week five at least.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Skip Baseless is already polluting the minds of the Browns' fan base. I wish he'd pick another QB to stan for. I can't take a full season of this guy speaking on the Browns. Remember, this is the same guy that wanted Mark Sanchez benched for the third string QB and Rex Ryan fired after week three of that season. He'll call for a coach firing and front office replacement after week five at least.

I wish he was the GM of the Jets.

Farooq

Banned
I want to know who are GAF's pet cats. Pet cat: Term coined by Bill Parcells for a little known or under appreciated prospect who was heavily touted by a scout or coach. Prospect is usually a late round pick or UDFA. It is a player who probably has a long shot to make the team. You still root for the guy despite obvious flaws because you see something in him.

I will start.

Posted about this guy before, L'Damian Washington WR (UDFA). Grantland feature on his pro-day.

Based on his story, it is not hard to root for the guy, but let's take a look at him as a football player. He is a tall receiver with a frame that can add bulk. He is fast, clocked in at 4.39, a time he feels is slow for him. Great body control, makes easy adjustments for the ball. As for his negatives, not a great route runner and has average hands.

Why I feel like he can make the team? Well, the Cowboys are pretty deep at receiver so Washington has his work cut out for him. However, the Cowboys do not have a tall receiver with top end speed. Washington runs with long strides, and is a legitimate deep threat on any given play. Linehan (keeping with Coryell tradition) likes to incorporate some kind of deep route in most plays. I feel like Washington could have a legitimate role in this offense.

So, I will ask again. Who are your pet cats?

Tom Penny

Not sure if it's been posted, but Pro Football Focus' top 101 players list has been released: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/05/16/the-pff-101-top-to-bottom/ JJ Watt is #1.

Patriots on the list are Darrelle Revis at 18, Devin McCourty at 22, Nate Solder at 71, and Tom Brady at 90. No Gronk, because this is a cumulative list and he is the light that burns twice as bright.

So in bizarro world Aaron Rodgers isn't a top 100 player because he's coming off an injury? All things considered he's the best QB in the league.

Top Bottom