• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Furyous

I want to know who are GAF's pet cats. Pet cat: Term coined by Bill Parcells for a little known or unappreciated prospect who was heavily touted by a scout or coach. Prospect is usually a late round pick or UDFA. It is a player who probably has a long shot to make the team. You still root for the guy despite obvious flaws because you see something in him. So, I will ask again. Who are your pet cats?

Cards: Anthony Steen
Browns: Connor Shaw/Jonathan Krause

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I want to know who are GAF's pet cats. Pet cat: Term coined by Bill Parcells for a little known or unappreciated prospect who was heavily touted by a scout or coach. Prospect is usually a late round pick or UDFA. It is a player who probably has a long shot to make the team. You still root for the guy despite obvious flaws because you see something in him.
Much of my team.

Farooq

Banned
Cards: Anthony Steen
Browns: Connor Shaw/Jonathan Krause

Anthony Steen sounds like a good prospect. CBS's take.

Steen hasn't been as hyped or publicly lauded as many of his Alabama teammates, but on tape there's no denying he's one of the team's better NFL prospects for 2014. Despite lacking the elite size/athleticism combination that we're growing accustomed to seeing come out of Tuscaloosa, Steen's technical consistency, toughness and instincts are exactly what NFL teams look for in the ideal guard prospect.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
So, I will ask again. Who are your pet cats?

Rob Gronkflower. Look at those hops!

10502329275_25aede8179_b.jpg

For the browns Undfa sleepers

RB Isaiah Crowell - Alabama St formerly of Georgia, was sec Freshman of the year 2011 over some guy named Clowney. Dismissed because of weapon chargers from Georgia

Any one of these 4 Undfa could make the team at wr
WR Willie Snead Ball St.
WR Kenny Shaw – FSU
WR Chandler Jones - San Jose St.
WR Jonathan Krause ‏ - Vanderbilt

Qb Conner Shaw could make the team, only newly signed Tyler Thigpen behind JFF and Hoyer. Could make a solid backup

David Foucault OT
1297542551358_ORIGINAL.jpg

Absolutely massive man who dominated at left tackle
in Canada
. The problem is that he wasn't drafted by the Panthers or anyone else. He wasn't even signed as an undrafted free agent. He's showing up to minicamp this week with no contract, just hopes of showing the team that he can play in the NFL. His NFL journey could end tomorrow though.

Philly Brown WR

11561031-large.jpg

A lot of hype surrounding this UDFA out of The Ohio State University coming into minicamp. He has an outside shot of making the wide receiver rotation this year, but he should be able to make a contribution in the return game.

cashman

Banned
I want to know who are GAF's pet cats. Pet cat: Term coined by Bill Parcells for a little known or unappreciated prospect who was heavily touted by a scout or coach. Prospect is usually a late round pick or UDFA. It is a player who probably has a long shot to make the team. You still root for the guy despite obvious flaws because you see something in him.

I will start.

Posted about this guy before, L'Damian Washington WR (UDFA). Grantland feature on his pro-day.

Based on his story, it is not hard to root for the guy, but let's take a look at him as a football player. He is a tall receiver with a frame that can add bulk. He is fast, clocked in at 4.39, a time he feels is slow for him. Great body control, makes easy adjustments for the ball. As for his negatives, not a great route runner and has average hands.

Why I feel like he can make the team? Well, the Cowboys are pretty deep at receiver so Washington has his work cut out for him. However, the Cowboys do not have a tall receiver with top end speed. Washington runs with long strides, and is a legitimate deep threat on any given play. Linehan (keeping with Coryell tradition) likes to incorporate some kind of deep route in most plays. I feel like Washington could have a legitimate role in this offense.

I'm rooting for Washington, but also I hope Whaley makes the team.

Colasante

For the Patriots, it's UDFA RB Stephen Houston.
iu_fb_penn_state1624.jpg

Big, fast, and athletic, and already seems to be a favorite of RB coach Ivan Fears. I suspect he'll take the place of the Law Firm and Blount in the big back role. I also hold out hopes for RB Roy Finch, a tiny but explosive kid from Oklahoma that I hope can make the team in the Danny Woodhead role and be prepared to step up if Shane Vereen leaves in free agency next year.

RIP to DeAngelo Williams' mother Sandra Hill, who passed today due to breast cancer.

The crazy (and really sad) thing is that Mrs. Hill had four sisters who also all died due to cancer. She was the only one to live past 50.

Fuck cancer man :(

Looks like squicken has officially left the Browns :(
Well he's technically on indefinite suspension from Browns Gaf.

I conducted a very expensive 100 penny analytic study on Browns Gaf, and it turns out he was the worst poster by a wide margin. So his membership is under review.

JABEE

Skip Baseless is already polluting the minds of the Browns' fan base. I wish he'd pick another QB to stan for. I can't take a full season of this guy speaking on the Browns. Remember, this is the same guy that wanted Mark Sanchez benched for the third string QB and Rex Ryan fired after week three of that season. He'll call for a coach firing and front office replacement after week five at least.

Welcome to the rest of the NFL Browns-GAF. Someone is now talking about your team outside of the state of Ohio. Too bad one of those people is Skip Bayless.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Welcome to the rest of the NFL Browns-GAF. Someone is now talking about your team outside of the state of Ohio. Too bad one of those people is Skip Bayless.

I'd argue that the Chargers, Jags, and Titans (especially the Titans) get less airtime than the Browns simply because the AFC North is a popular division.

JABEE

I'd argue that the Chargers, Jags, and Titans (especially the Titans) get less airtime than the Browns simply because the AFC North is a popular division.

I think this thread has mentioned the Jaguars more times than the entire state of Florida did last season.

Mindlog

Brett Smtih - Wisconsin QB
UDFA - Tampa Bay Buccaneers - National Football League
aBbijat.jpg

Good enough height. Chip on his shoulder. Intangibles hanging off his nuts. Put a lot of effort into bulking up his frame. That's what I like out of my Tampa Bay quarterbacks. He's still very raw, but has demonstrated the willingness to put in the work. He even makes it to Tampa with one of his former coaches and his former top receiver as a potential teammate. He has a fair shot at beating out Mike Kafka for the 3rd string QB spot. Great pickup by the Bucs. Let McCown start and the rookies push each other for the future starting job.

Most exciting QB prospect since Josh. Johnson.

Top Bottom