• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

bionic77

That's good to hear, I didn't know if you were of the popular opinion round these parts of how the WiiU is dead and has no games...and so on.
It probably is dead but only an idiot would say it has no games. I mean compared to what? It has had more games worth playing that the Bone and 4.

Narag

Godzilla was okay, I guess. Probably would have appreciated it more/been more forgiving if I had any great exposure to the source material. Ran into a similar issue with Skyfall.

MechDX

Houston media is having a hard time with O Briens attitude towards the media, calling him "Belichickian". They say Kubiak was more open with news and information Watch the interviews with the rookies and they ALL answered every question the same way like drones "Im here to learn. As a rookie I know nothing."

When asked particulars on Clowney and Savage BOB would just say "All these guys are learning".

I love it!

Narag

ATTENTION

ATTENTION

FRIENDS OF JAKNCOKE!!!!

Pls, pls, keep your thoughts and prayers for jak and his family. They will be letting go of his aunt today, one of the most painful things any human being can go through.

Stay strong jak.

Damn, dude. Good luck, jak.

Bread

Banned
Houston media is having a hard time with O Briens attitude towards the media, calling him "Belichickian". They say Kubiak was more open with news and information Watch the interviews with the rookies and they ALL answered every question the same way like drones "Im here to learn. As a rookie I know nothing."

When asked particulars on Clowney and Savage BOB would just say "All these guys are learning".

I love it!
it's happening!

ATTENTION

ATTENTION

FRIENDS OF JAKNCOKE!!!!

Pls, pls, keep your thoughts and prayers for jak and his family. They will be letting go of his aunt today, one of the most painful things any human being can go through.

Stay strong jak.
Sorry for your loss Jak. Stay strong.

MechDX

Belichick coaching tree doesn't inspire confidence.

O Brien and McDaniels are vastly different, IMO.

Josh was given absolute control from the start in his first solo HC gig. There were no checks and balances.

O Brien had success at Penn St. before heading to the NFL even if it was a short period. Rick Smith still has control of the personnel.

This is also rather impressive:

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/a...-day-one/e90158a1-3ec6-4f3d-a276-070a03ff3078

(on if the learning about the individual and who he is and if that’s what allows him to know how best to coach him) “Sure, that’s part of it. That’s a big part of it, to me, as a head football coach at any level, whether it’s college or in the National Football league. These guys are at the top of their profession. They’re guys, whether they were really good college players that came in here as rookies and have a shot in the NFL, or they are proven veterans that have been here for a while in Houston and had productive careers. Whoever they are, it takes a while to get to know them but it’s very important, for me, as the head football coach to do the best that I can to know in all facets. What type of people they are? Where they come from? Like I said, how they learn, how they process, and what’s important to them in their lives. We talk a lot about family. We talk a lot about where they are from, how they were raise, what types of systems they played in in College. We can really learn about the background of each guy, so we know not only how to coach them as players, but what is important to them in their lives and how to speak to them as individuals.

I don't remember McDaniels, Schiano, etc making comments like this.
Call me a homer, bias whatever but I feel really damn good about this hire.

Narag

Josh was given absolute control from the start in his first solo HC gig. There were no checks and balances.

Nate Jackson's book talked about McDaniels' takeover of the Broncos gig briefly and it was pretty bad. :lol

This is also rather impressive:

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/a...-day-one/e90158a1-3ec6-4f3d-a276-070a03ff3078

I don't remember McDaniels, Schiano, etc making comments like this.
Call me a homer, bias whatever but I feel really damn good about this hire.

And that reminds me of Dungy's book and how seriously he took that role. IIRC he saw himself as a sort of father figure to 53 guys on the team rather than the boss.

Godzilla was okay, I guess. Probably would have appreciated it more/been more forgiving if I had any great exposure to the source material. Ran into a similar issue with Skyfall.

You've never seen the old Bond movies?

Shame on you.

Belichick coaching tree doesn't inspire confidence.

Have you never read the story about how all of the coaches of Belichick his coaching tree are double agents send to their respective teams to destroy/sabotage them because of different reasons?

Also how he allowed the Giants to win the Super Bowls because he still loves them deep down inside.

bionic77

Mangini was the only good thing to come out of NE.

He is an all time fav in my household.

Damn that was a good lunch.

Steaks, grilled corn on the cob, mashed potatoes, mixed veggies, and some salad. Proud of my son for almost finishing 2 steaks. Ez would have been proud for how he said no to the mixed veggies (though he would have taken it back when he saw my son eat the salad).

Bread

Banned
Mangini was the only good thing to come out of NE.

He is an all time fav in my household.

Damn that was a good lunch.

Steaks, grilled corn on the cob, mashed potatoes, mixed veggies, and some salad. Proud of my son for almost finishing 2 steaks. Ez would have been proud for how he said no to the mixed veggies (though he would have taken it back when he saw my son eat the salad).
not surprised that a snitch would be an all time favorite in a lawyer's household

bionic77

Skyfall was a really bad movie. It looked great but everything else was horrible.
I have seen every Bond movie and it still sucks if you saw them all.

MechDX

Nate Jackson's book talked about McDaniels' takeover of the Broncos gig briefly and it was pretty bad. :lol

And that reminds me of Dungy's book and how seriously he took that role. IIRC he saw himself as a sort of father figure to 53 guys on the team rather than the boss.

And being compared to Dungy is bad? ;) The interviews I have seen with the leaders on this team: Watt, Cushing, Myers, Duane Brown have all come across as they are buying in to this new attitude. Dre's situation I don't believe, is because of this attitude but more of he isn't sure he wants to go through a rebuilding/retooling/reloading again.

How the Dre situation ends will say a lot about O Brien as a HC.

Narag

You've never seen the old Bond movies?

Shame on you.

Mostly in passing really aside from Brosnan/Craig. Part of the movie binge plan this year was to give them all a go then Skyfall again.

Have you never read the story about how all of the coaches of Belichick his coaching tree are double agents send to their respective teams to destroy/sabotage them because of different reasons?

Also how he allowed the Giants to win the Super Bowls because he still loves them deep down inside.

Those poor Texans :(
And being compared to Dungy is bad? ;) The interviews I have seen with the leaders on this team: Watt, Cushing, Myers, Duane Brown have all come across as they are buying in to this new attitude. Dre's situation I don't believe, is because of this attitude but more of he isn't sure he wants to go through a rebuilding/retooling/reloading again.

How the Dre situation ends will say a lot about O Brien as a HC.

Oh hell no, I miss that dude every day and think the league would be in a better place with more coaches like him.

MechDX

Mostly in passing really aside from Brosnan/Craig. Part of the movie binge plan this year was to give them all a go then Skyfall again.

Those poor Texans :(

Pfftt!! Belechik already tried playing games with Ricky Bobby. Took BOB's QB in the second round to push the Mallett trade when the Texans were considering him at 3.1.

They took the guy, C.J. Fiedorowicz, that Bill wanted as insurance for Gronk.

The hoodie was out hoodied.

Pfftt!! Belechik already tried playing games with Ricky Bobby. Took BOB's QB in the second round to push the Mallett trade when the Texans were considering him at 3.1.

If Bill wanted Fiedorowicz he would have gotten him.

Spinluck

not surprised that a snitch would be an all time favorite in a lawyer's household

I know it's hard rooting for such a terrible organization Bread. You probably dream of them being more like the Colts, one of the shining lights of our league. Our owner is a nice sane guy, our QB is handsome, we never tank, our cheerleaders are hot, our players don't do PEDs and have low sperm count, and there has never been a murderer on our roster.

Maybe someday you guys will great there Bread, but that someday isn't anytime soon.

Narag

Does that make Savage BoB''s silver medal?

Bread

Banned
I know it's hard rooting for such a terrible organization Bread. You probably dream of them being more like the Colts, one of the shining lights of our league. Our owner is a nice sane guy, our QB is handsome, we never tank, our cheerleaders are hot, our players don't do PEDs and have low sperm count, and there has never been a murderer on our roster.

Maybe someday you guys will great there Bread, but that someday isn't anytime soon.
i hope someday you are able to root for a beautiful manly quarterback instead of fiveheads and cavemen. us pats fans are so blessed to have tom and jimmy.

MechDX

If Bill wanted Fiedorowicz he would have gotten him.

storm-brewing.gif

Does that make Savage BoB''s silver medal?

BOB saw this coming and really wanted Savage anyway. #SAVAGE FUTURE

SUPREME1

Banned
ATTENTION

ATTENTION

FRIENDS OF JAKNCOKE!!!!

Stay strong jak.

Damn.

Be strong Jak. If not for yourself, for other family members.

Be their rock.

Tom Penny

We have Garoppolo instead.

A legend.

Yep..

Garoppolo emerges as leader among offensive players. Tight end Justin Jones relayed how quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo sometimes comes up to him, shouts out a play, and asks him his responsibilities. That has reflected how Garoppolo has become a leader of sorts for rookies on offense. “Coach has given him kind of the responsibility offensively of making sure everyone is in the right spot and making sure we’re all on time,”

Greg

A friend gifted me a War Thunder pack on steam, and I re-gifted it to him without him knowing because I hate getting gifts (he assumed I bought it for him after he bought it for me). All was fine and he thought we both had the pack and I went along with it, but then he said later we should play with the plane the pack came with...

I felt guilty and bought the pack myself, and then I felt bad every person in our squad of 4 would have premium time except for my brother, so I bought another and gifted to him.

7F7jckc.jpg

no more video game spending for another year

Top Bottom