• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

squicken

The Counselor and Her are way overrated. I am a fan of McCarthy, but it just doesn't work on film like it does in a book. Her needed to be about 45 minutes shorter. I also liked that the loser dude was pulling Oliva Wilde, Amy Adams and Rooney Mara. Not even Luchbox loves his iPhone enough to turn his back on that!

squicken

Don't get me wrong I think Josh Gordon should be banned from the league for being that stupid.

But there is never a standard for how the NFL hands out suspensions.

I mean do you think Goodell wants to ban pot smokers longer than dudes who beat up women? My question would be why the NFLPA stands up for guys like Ray Rice? Why don't they give the commissioner broad powers to beat up on women beaters in exchange for relaxing pot suspensions? I know Goodell would make that trade, so I guess the NFLPA likes women beaters

e:

Just saw Her last night. I liked it, but I didn't love it. I thought the setting was tremendously compelling, which surprised me. It's amazing to think that 80% of that movie is just Joaquin talking and emoting, and it was still quite entertaining.

A lot of (intentionally) awkward moments in that film. Also, loved that asshole troll kid in the video game.

"Fuck you, shitfuckface."

Oh yeah, I was really surprised I was more drawn to the imagery than the story. I got what it was trying to say, but it took way too long to get there

Talon

The Counselor and Her are way overrated. I am a fan of McCarthy, but it just doesn't work on film like it does in a book. Her needed to be about 45 minutes shorter. I also liked that the loser dude was pulling Oliva Wilde, Amy Adams and Rooney Mara. Not even Luchbox loves his iPhone enough to turn his back on that!
Just saw Her last night. I liked it, but I didn't love it. I thought the setting was tremendously compelling, which surprised me. It's amazing to think that 80% of that movie is just Joaquin talking and emoting, and it was still quite entertaining.

A lot of (intentionally) awkward moments in that film. Also, loved that asshole troll kid in the video game.

"Fuck you, shitfuckface."

MRSA

Banned
I work 10pm-7am weekend shift (Friday to Tuesday). Graveyard isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I sleep Ok during the day.

I work 1930-0730 Thursday, Friday, and I alternate between Wednesday and Saturday. I prefer the PM shift because the AM staff sucks, they're like older versions of Gata.

Have you tried blackout curtains? Blackout curtains were a Tebow send.

I think the worst part for me is my first day off is a wasted day almost trying to adapt to a regular sleep schedule. The day before I'm scheduled to work though, I stay up till the wee hours of the morning.

Bread

Banned
0DeMyTG.gif

Happy Sunday
damn he really wants to be david byrne

MRSA

Banned
You know I dislike white rice, but i do enjoy some congee.

3270468745_5b160297b2.jpg

Probably because it was always a weekend comfort food. We added all kinds of stuffs; chicken, liver, duck, shrimp.......its delicious. Also, a ton of bean sprouts, added that extra crunchy texture.

P.S. what you see on that congree is fried dough basically, its great with congree or even better with pho.

MRSA

Banned
Its basicaly Asian style risotto, but nowhere near as good. Congee is consider poors food. But properly seasoned, its a good meal.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Jeez I'm watching this Qatar stuff on espn, man that's crazy!! I don't know how anyone could support the 2022 fifa cup!!

With all of the horrible things I hear about FIFA as an organization, I'm not surprised about what's coming out of Qatar. I don't think FIFA is so awful that they'd be okay with people getting killed off like that but it just seems to fit the overall picture.

2022 should have been in the US.

Fuck Blatter, Fuck Platini, Fuck that entire corrupt fucking 'non-profit'- Organization.

Russia is a third world, homophobic hellhole, that is currently at war because they decided to invade the Ukraine Hitler style, but let's have a world cup in 2018 there. Putin making it rain on Blatter his boys.

And to top that in 2022, a WC in Qatar. A country the size of a large city where there are no roads, hotels, airports to deal with the amount of people that normally come to a WC.

It's 50+ degrees Celsius in summer, but Qatar is gonna use all their immigrant slaves to build air conditioned stadiums, uuuuh scratch that, they blatantly lied about that. So let's have the WC in the winter and fuck up the entire regular soccer season worldwide, then it's only 40 degrees celcius.

Qatar has some of the richest people in the world, and also some of the poorest. Let's just spend billions on some soccer stadiums we're never going to use again. Same with Brazil, sure soccer lives there unlike any other place in the world, but millions of people can't get any education. Let's say fuck the poors and have a WC.

But let's be fair, it's not like the FIFA did any research and that Qatar and Russia came out as the countries with the highest risks.

I walk out of 90% of movies I see nowadays saying the same thing, I think I'm just getting restless and irritable in my old age and can't be arsed with any superfluous bullshit.

Sepp Blatter don't give a fuck about some Qataris dying, he trying to eat bruh.

That Qatar oil money is no joke

They're not Qatari tbf, all illegal immigrants which is why they can be treated like slaves and nobody gives a fuck when they die.

Was funny when Qatar got it just for the reaction from the entire planet because of just how ridiculous the whole thing was.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
2022 should have been in the US.

Fuck Blatter, Fuck Platini, Fuck that entire corrupt fucking 'non-profit'- Organization.

Russia is a third world, homophobic hellhole, that is currently at war because they decided to invade the Ukraine Hitler style, but let's have a world cup in 2018 there. Putin making it rain on Blatter his boys.

And to top that in 2022, a WC in Qatar. A country the size of a large city where there are no roads, hotels, airports to deal with the amount of people that normally come to a WC.

It's 50+ degrees Celsius in summer, but Qatar is gonna use all their immigrant slaves to build air conditioned stadiums, uuuuh scratch that, they blatantly lied about that. So let's have the WC in the winter and fuck up the entire regular soccer season worldwide, then it's only 40 degrees celcius.

Qatar has some of the richest people in the world, and also some of the poorest. Let's just spend billions on some soccer stadiums we're never going to use again. Same with Brazil, sure soccer lives there unlike any other place in the world, but millions of people can't get any education. Let's say fuck the poors and have a WC.

But let's be fair, it's not like the FIFA did any research and that Qatar and Russia came out as the countries with the highest risks.

Sounds like you'd be in favor of keeping the World Cup in fully developed nations exclusively like Western Europe, US/Canada, or Japan? I'm not against the idea for safety and cost purposes but is that a common sentiment for soccer fans?

Pet Cat Update:

David Foucault (OT) impressed the coaches enough at minicamp as a tryout player to get a meeting with the front office tomorrow where he's expected to get a contract offer.

The Great Canadian Hope Lives!

Sounds like you'd be in favor of keeping the World Cup in fully developed nations exclusively like Western Europe, US/Canada, or Japan? I'm not against the idea for safety and cost purposes but is that a common sentiment for soccer fans?

It's a World Cup. So I understand the sentiment of spreading them around all the continents, but you have to be realistic about what's possible. In a perfect world you would have the continents organize the Cup one by one. But you see what's happening now, even an up and coming country like Brazil doesn't have the money to make it happen. Lots of delays, uncertainties and general unhappiness under the civilians as we speak. And I mentioned all the issues with Qatar and Russia in my last post.

It would make more sense to me to do it in countries with the infrastructure in place to make this all happen, where the stadiums will still be used when the World Cup is over and stuff like that. I think many fans share my view (but I'm sure many have better reasonings/can word it better).

The FIFA just doesn't give a fuck. They are a non-profit Organisation, but when you check their financial statement, it's one big magic show and you can't follow a single money trail. You have Blatter and his buddies making a shit ton of money in multiple crooked ways and with Russia and Qatar they aren't even hiding it anymore. Have you ever seen the results of the risk investigations for WC hosts they did before they awarded the Cup to Russia and Qatar? It's disgusting, the only 2 countries with high risks got chosen to host the WC, meanwhile Blatter his son got a job in Qatar where he banks like a mad man.

And another thing, with the European Cup they are going to have 20 different host cities, including (not official yet, but probable) Amsterdam. The demands the FIFA make are batshit insane. Shit like them not having to pay any taxes, unlimited money transactions were they don't have to disclose anything and stuff like that. It's flat out illegal.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It's a World Cup. So I understand the sentiment of spreading them around all the continents, but you have to be realistic about what's possible. In a perfect world you would have the continents organize the Cup one by one. But you see what's happening now, even an up and coming country like Brazil doesn't have the money to make it happen. Lots of delays, uncertainties and general unhappiness under the civilians as we speak. And I mentioned all the issues with Qatar and Russia in my last post.

It would make more sense to me to do it in countries with the infrastructure in place to make this all happen, where the stadiums will still be used when the World Cup is over and stuff like that. I think many fans share my view (but I'm sure many have better reasonings/can word it better).

The FIFA just doesn't give a fuck. They are a non-profit Organisation, but when you check their financial statement, it's one big magic show and you can't follow a single money trail. You have Blatter and his buddies making a shit ton of money in multiple crooked ways and with Russia and Qatar they aren't even hiding it anymore. Have you ever seen the results of the risk investigations for WC hosts they did before they awarded the Cup to Russia and Qatar? It's disgusting, the only 2 countries with high risks got chosen to host the WC, meanwhile Blatter his son got a job in Qatar where he banks like a mad man.

And another thing, with the European Cup they are going to have 20 different host cities, including (not official yet, but probable) Amsterdam. The demands the FIFA make are batshit insane. Shit like them not having to pay any taxes, unlimited money transactions were they don't have to disclose anything and stuff like that. It's flat out illegal.

Thanks for the detailed response.

I was reading that your government is the one who really had a hand in the whistleblowing of all these allegations so kudos to you guys!

Seriously though, can the Swiss not force something or investigate FIFA or are they going to ignore it like they do their banks?

Thanks for the detailed response.

I was reading that your government is the one who really had a hand in the whistleblowing of all these allegations so kudos to you guys!

Seriously though, can the Swiss not force something or investigate FIFA or are they going to ignore it like they do their banks?

The problem is that the FIFA is almighty. Nothing a government can really do about it.

It's the international governing body, which is split up in 6 different confederations. So for instance you have the UEFA, which is the European confederations, and that one consists of all the European nations their respective soccer organizations. So the Dutch Soccer Organisation is called the KNVB, is part of the UEFA, which is part of the FIFA.

So basically everything in the world that is related to soccer is in complete control by the FIFA, who answers to absolutely nobody. The better the FIFA is doing, the better the sport is doing, the more money every league in the world is making. We're talking about billions of dollars.

What are you gonna do against that?

Top Bottom