• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Were you at the Jags practice Gata? Exciting time for your fans breaking records for attendance.

jagsattendance.jpg
y u do did, Tom Nook

y u do did, Tom Nook

Bless his poor heart.

He's trying his hardest to write English, but he just can't do it. It's truly sad how bad Florida's education system is.

We should start a fundraiser to help the poor people of Florida. We can even make one of those sad commercials that air at like 3:30 in the morning with a Sarah McLachlan song.

Draxal

It's a World Cup. So I understand the sentiment of spreading them around all the continents, but you have to be realistic about what's possible. In a perfect world you would have the continents organize the Cup one by one. But you see what's happening now, even an up and coming country like Brazil doesn't have the money to make it happen. Lots of delays, uncertainties and general unhappiness under the civilians as we speak. And I mentioned all the issues with Qatar and Russia in my last post.

It would make more sense to me to do it in countries with the infrastructure in place to make this all happen, where the stadiums will still be used when the World Cup is over and stuff like that. I think many fans share my view (but I'm sure many have better reasonings/can word it better).

The FIFA just doesn't give a fuck. They are a non-profit Organisation, but when you check their financial statement, it's one big magic show and you can't follow a single money trail. You have Blatter and his buddies making a shit ton of money in multiple crooked ways and with Russia and Qatar they aren't even hiding it anymore. Have you ever seen the results of the risk investigations for WC hosts they did before they awarded the Cup to Russia and Qatar? It's disgusting, the only 2 countries with high risks got chosen to host the WC, meanwhile Blatter his son got a job in Qatar where he banks like a mad man.

And another thing, with the European Cup they are going to have 20 different host cities, including (not official yet, but probable) Amsterdam. The demands the FIFA make are batshit insane. Shit like them not having to pay any taxes, unlimited money transactions were they don't have to disclose anything and stuff like that. It's flat out illegal.

Blatter and Rogge are the two worst guys in sports right now and its horrible.

Blatter and Rogge are the two worst guys in sports right now and its horrible.

Roger is nowhere near as terrible as Blatter.

Really simple. Don't watch, go or give them money in any way.

Yeah, let everybody in the world stop watching every soccer game ever.

The only thing that can really hurt the Fifa is if big organizations quit the FIFA and start a new one. But since they founded the FIFA themselves, there is no way that is happening.

Had a stare down with a moose in Maine once. Ran like I have never ran before.

How is Maine? Looks beautiful, sounds deadly.

Bless his poor heart.

He's trying his hardest to write English, but he just can't do it. It's truly sad how bad Florida's education system is.

We should start a fundraiser to help the poor people of Florida. We can even make one of those sad commercials that air at like 3:30 in the morning with a Sarah McLachlan song.
go cut that switch

MechDX

Maine has these little mosquitos that will bite the fuck out of you. Shitty roads and according to my wife: lots of unmotivated people. Oh and some REALLY bland ass food.

Scenic though in parts.

Oh and Patriot/Redsox fans everywhere.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Yeah, let everybody in the world stop watching every soccer game ever.

The only thing that can really hurt the Fifa is if big organizations quit the FIFA and start a new one. But since they founded the FIFA themselves, there is no way that is happening.

There's the root of the problem, right there. The "I care about these issues, but can't even be bothered to turn off the television" attitude. Relying on someone else to solve the problem has obviously not worked.

Tom Penny

Maine has these little mosquitos that will bite the fuck out of you. Shitty roads and according to my wife: lots of unmotivated people. Oh and some REALLY bland ass food.

Scenic though in parts.

Oh and Patriot/Redsox fans everywhere.

Good Weed and Beer doe

lol it's not dangerous at all, i used to go all the time growing up.

mech was pretty unlucky to encounter a moose

That GIF makes me believe moose are not to be fucked with. Never going to Maine.

There's the root of the problem, right there. The "I care about these issues, but can't even be bothered to turn off the television" attitude. Relying on someone else to solve the problem has obviously not worked.

I'm not sure if you're serious, but if I stop will the 4 billion other people in the world do the same? Stop buying soccer video games? Have everybody in the world stop playing?

squicken

Phillip Seymour Hoffman is legit menacing in MI3. I still prefer the more light-hearted MI4 though

e: Googles, agree with FMT, but then I usually do

MechDX

Do you avoid Scandinavia too?

I probably would just because of the food...not a huge fish person.

edit: I'm the only person in Houston who has zero desire to eat a pot of Crayfish.

If you enjoy seafood here you will despise Maine seafood. Strong fish taste in everything.

WTF is a crayfish? Its crawfish and it is awesome!

Do you avoid Scandinavia too?

I probably would just because of the food...not a huge fish person.

edit: I'm the only person in Houston who has zero desire to eat a pot of Crayfish.

I've never ever been to Scandinavia. It looks absoluty stunning, Wanna visit Iceland.

Hope they don't have any moose in Iceland.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'm not sure if you're serious, but if I stop will the 4 billion other people in the world do the same? Stop buying soccer video games? Have everybody in the world stop playing?

You can choose to make a difference or you can continue to feed the machine. You've chosen the latter. To you, soccer is more important than the issues. That's the bottom line. You're not alone, if that makes you feel better.

Top Bottom