• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Darren Rovell reporting that the AT&T/DirecTV merger actually may be contingent on DirecTV renewing NFL Sunday Ticket.

Basically, it's not leaving DirecTV. Might get added to Uverse, though.

MRSA said:
EDIT: Should I buy a Wii U just for Wind Waker HD?

Not JUST for Wind Waker. For the entire library.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
It is pretty fantastic but the Wii U already has a nice library of quality games. DKC:TF and SM3DW are masterpiece tier titles for starters, and there are plenty of great games a notch down from those as well.

DKC:TF is the best game of the last 5 years.

DKC:TF is the best game of the last 5 years.
Easily one of the best 2D platformers I've ever played, and I've played a bunch of them. It is honestly difficult for me to point out a single flaw in that game, everything is so meticulously well-designed it's mind boggling. It's crazy to think that a game that good will be experienced by such a small number of people.

Fox318

Pic of Cajunator

vQnIWWz.jpg

Plinko

Overstatement, but it is a fantastic game.

Between that, Wind Waker HD, and Super Mario 3D World, I'd say the Wii U is worth buying.

I'm a platformer fan, and to me the game is perfect. I can't find a flaw.

I do miss out on some games, though, as I absolutely abhor first-person shooters.

Draxal

Easily one of the best 2D platformers I've ever played, and I've played a bunch of them. It is honestly difficult for me to point out a single flaw in that game, everything is so meticulously well-designed it's mind boggling. It's crazy to think that a game that good will be experienced by such a small number of people.

Haven't played DK, but man W101 was such a good game that just sold like garbage. Nintendo just has a problem of where all their good games on the Wii U are platformers.

bionic77

Should you buy a Wii U?

No.

Should you buy a Gamecube and Wind Waker?

Yes.
Considering that you are wrong about everything this is making me think I was wrong to pass on the WiiU.

Not that I have time to play it, but I probably should have bought it for Donkey Kong and Wonderful 101.

ShaneB

I live ten minutes away from work, but I keep leaving the house 5 minutes before work starts.

Yeah, as I mentioned to you before, I'm always late too. I live about 15 minutes away, and well, that's based on perfect traffic conditions, which are never the case in the morning, but every day I keep hoping for it!

Also, Happy Birthday Cajun, my birthday is 8 days away. The big three two.

=*(

Fox318

Its a videogame console, not a Ferrari.

I would definitely buy a console if it had a game that was a must play.

An uninspired Donkey Kong game and the Wonderful 101 are must play games?

If Nintendo makes Smash more like Melee and less like Brawl then you may have a point.

Right now its a flawed system with no games that jump out at me.

Plinko

A uninspired Donkey Kong game and the Wonderful 101 are must play games?

If Nintendo make Smash more like Melee and less like Brawl then you may have a point.

"Uninspired?"

:kas

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Make sure to PM KAS a nice summary of what you learned.

But basically isn't the bottom line: don't be an asshole.

You'd think but there are some everyday terms or phrases that some people might find offensive.

I saw a handout for Native American awareness that had phrases that you shouldn't say and apparently I'm incredibly racist because I use a large number of them from time to time.

Its a videogame console, not a Ferrari.

I would definitely buy a console if it had a game that was a must play.

Mario Kart is looking pretty fantastic as well. I've had a Wii-U since launch, but I haven't played it in months. Don't regret it, because I know I have Mario Kart, DK, and SM3D World to enjoy whenever I feel like getting around to it. And of course WW for free since I'm buying Mario Kart.

People shit on it, but I really like my wii-u. I like Nintendo games. I have a limited amount of time for games, so I only play the ones that really interest me, and for my money nobody makes better software than Nintendo.

bionic77

A uninspired Donkey Kong game and the Wonderful 101 are must play games?

If Nintendo make Smash more like Melee and less like Brawl then you may have a point.

Keep in mind that I have not played those games, but from what I can tell both games look like must play games to me. I have pretty awesome tastes in gaming and movies if I do say so myself.

But some can probably argue that tastes are subjective (I think they are wrong and you and Gata and good evidence against that argument). i love well designed platformers and I really love games with originality like W101, shit you can't find anywhere else.

You have bad tastes so I wouldn't be surprised if neither of these games appealed to you. But right now the WiiU has the following games that I bet are awesome: Mario3D World, MarioU, Pikmin3, W101, and DK. Add in that Xenogame and Bayonetta and that seems like a console worth owning to me.

You'd think but there are some everyday terms or phrases that some people might find offensive.

I saw a handout for Native American awareness that had phrases that you shouldn't say and apparently I'm incredibly racist because I use a large number of them from time to time.
smh

Drakeon

I like you, you seem to be a man of brilliance.

EDIT: Should I buy a Wii U just for Wind Waker HD?

That seems like a bad investment, although if you've got the money to burn, you might as well buy Mario Kart 8 and pick WWHD as your free game.

But once again, it seems like a lot to play an HD remake.

You have bad tastes so I wouldn't be surprised if neither of these games appealed to you. But right now the WiiU has the following games that I bet are awesome: Mario3D World, MarioU, Pikmin3, W101, and DK. Add in that Xenogame and Bayonetta and that seems like a console worth owning to me.

And you can get a refurbished one for $200 from Nintendo's website. I don't know why everyone who likes games doesn't have one. The quality of Nintendo's first party offerings are absolutely worth a $200 system investment.

MRSA

Banned
That seems like a bad investment, although if you've got the money to burn, you might as well buy Mario Kart 8 and pick WWHD as your free game.

But once again, it seems like a lot to play an HD remake.

I have a $100 giftcard to Target, not sure what to blow it on other than socks.

Fox318

Keep in mind that I have not played those games, but from what I can tell both games look like must play games to me. I have pretty awesome tastes in gaming and movies if I do say so myself.

But some can probably argue that tastes are subjective (I think they are wrong and you and Gata and good evidence against that argument). i love well designed platformers and I really love games with originality like W101, shit you can't find anywhere else.

And you can get a refurbished one for $200 from Nintendo's website. I don't know why everyone who likes games doesn't have one. The quality of Nintendo's first party offerings are absolutely worth a $200 system investment.

As somebody who has played a decent amount of Wii U games over peoples house I can honestly say the best thing about the device is the Youtube player and web browser.

I hate Wiimotes. The dpad feels like shit and the controller was designed by some idealistic hippy who thought that conquering the digital divide was more important than a good controller. Any device that encourages the use of that piece of shit controller automatically gets on my dislike list.

Yes I could spend the cash no problem but I'd rather get 3-4 rounds of golf in instead of pay for a device that I know I won't be turning on.

Top Bottom