• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

bionic77

And you can get a refurbished one for $200 from Nintendo's website. I don't know why everyone who likes games doesn't have one. The quality of Nintendo's first party offerings are absolutely worth a $200 system investment.
I love Nintendo games too but not everyone loves their games.

There are a lot of people who definitely favor story and style over gameplay. I think those people are Jet fans and mouth breathing morons but that is their money and they can spend it on whatever they want.

It makes me sad seeing the death of the Japanese games industry though. But I appear to be in the minority as most gamers want watered down PC games on their consoles and garbage on their phones.

Konka

Banned
As somebody who has played a decent amount of Wii U games over peoples house I can honestly say the best thing about the device is the Youtube player and web browser.

I hate Wiimotes. The dpad feels like shit and the controller was designed by some idealistic hippy who thought that conquering the digital divide was more important than a good controller. Any device that encourages the use of that piece of shit controller automatically gets on my dislike list.

Yes I could spend the cash no problem but I'd rather get 3-4 rounds of golf in instead of pay for a device that I know I won't be turning on.

Keep sipping that haterade.

Fox318

I love Nintendo games too but not everyone loves their games.

There are a lot of people who definitely favor story and style over gameplay. I think those people are Jet fans and mouth breathing morons but that is their money and they can spend it on whatever they want.

It makes me sad seeing the death of the Japanese games industry though. But I appear to be in the minority as most gamers want watered down PC games on their consoles and garbage on their phones.
If Nintendo could get their act together and release a modern console with a vision that makes sense for the times then they could be number 1 but they won't because of how their management is structured up.

Also why the View?

MechDX

Retweeted by Albert Breer
Eye on Football ‏@EyeOnNFL · 17m
LOOK: Jay Gruden wearing Zubaz for Tampa Bay Storm in 1991 http://cbsprt.co/1n9rL7u via @cbssports pic.twitter.com/fVQRgGhkwc

BoApOcwIgAE0caX.jpg:large

NFL needs a Zubaz week.

DKC:TF is the best game of the last 5 years.

Still have yet to even buy it. :( I need to fix that this weekend.

I've been on an indie/smaller games kick though. Child of Light, Outlast Whistleblower, Stick it to the Man and Mercenary Kings specifically. Transistor comes out this Tuesday, too! I have that pre-bought and ready to go.

You have bad tastes so I wouldn't be surprised if neither of these games appealed to you. But right now the WiiU has the following games that I bet are awesome: Mario3D World, MarioU, Pikmin3, W101, and DK. Add in that Xenogame and Bayonetta and that seems like a console worth owning to me.
You forgot ZombiU as well. One of the most stupidly underrated games on the platform.

squicken

I had no idea that Jenny McCarthy was on The View. Not many of you are old enough to remember, but when she was on Singled Out she was amazing. Apparently she doesn't vaccinate her kids, so it looks like I dodged a bullet not hooking up with her back then

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
If Nintendo could get their act together and release a modern console with a vision that makes sense for the times then they could be number 1 but they won't because of how their management is structured up.

Also why the View?

They did a segment on mental health, he donated $1 mil.

http://instagram.com/p/oLzvUpotL5/

Technically he said hes donating 1,000,000 million. Good luck with that!

Also why not The View? Jay Cutler is clearly a fan.

brentech

I had no idea that Jenny McCarthy was on The View. Not many of you are old enough to remember, but when she was on Singled Out she was amazing. Apparently she doesn't vaccinate her kids, so it looks like I dodged a bullet not hooking up with her back then
She has a child with autism. She's one that thinks it's because of vaccinations and thinks it's just cured with diet

bionic77

McCarthy was so fucking hot in the day. She was hot back in the day when you would actually pay money to see pictures of naked girls in a magazine.

Also crazy is not a hinderance to hooking up. You want to hook up with crazy but marry normal.

Fox I still don't get your joke. Either I am slow today or you need to stick to Apple trolls and other things you are not good at but known for.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Spinluck

The Wii U is great.

DK:TF, Mario3DW, Pikmin 3, and W101 are all truth. Best games so far this gen, and Mario Kart 8 is coming out soon. Idk if I'll buy MK8 because I probably won't play enough to justify the $60, but I'm sure it will be a damn good game.

Lol Fox saying DK is uninspired. That game is incredible.

dionysus

Yaldog
So tell me the odds of developing polio in the US vs. a life threatening undiagnosed allergic reaction to the polio vaccine? Pretty sure you are better off refusing that one if no one in your family travels to places with polio. Or tell me why a newborn needs Hep B ( a sexually transmitted disease) when the mother has been tested for Hep B as part of her normal pregnancy screenings and came back negative. As my doctor put it, "It is easier to try to mandate Hep B for infants than expect mothers to be truthful about their recent sexual history."

The autism link is bullshit, but just blindly vaccinating your child with every recommended vaccine isn't smart either.

Pick and choose vaccines, just like you do with most things in life.

jmdajr

She probbaly had more sense back then. For real. I mean ok, you want the scientific community on their toes while you question their methods. Well, did you get your answers Jenny? Did ya? Did you find out you are putting people's life's in danger. Are you still being a dumb ass?????? Want to do something good, admit you were WRONG.

So tell me the odds of developing polio in the US vs. a life threatening undiagnosed allergic reaction to the polio vaccine? Pretty sure you are better off refusing that one if no one in your family travels to places with polio. Or tell me why a newborn needs Hep B ( a sexually transmitted disease) when the mother has been tested for Hep B as part of her normal pregnancy screenings and came back negative. As my doctor put it, "It is easier to try to mandate Hep B for infants than expect mothers to be truthful about their recent sexual history."

The autism link is bullshit, but just blindly vaccinating your child with every recommended vaccine isn't smart either.

Hep b is highly contagious and over 1000000 people in the us have. They vaccinate kids against because it is fatal if a kid gets it.

KingGondo

Banned
DK:TF, Mario3DW, Pikmin 3, and W101 are all truth. Best games so far this gen, and Mario Kart 8 is coming out soon. Idk if I'll buy MK8 because I probably won't play enough to justify the $60, but I'm sure it will be a damn good game.
MK8 is worth the $60 easily as long as you want one of the free games that comes with it.

I'll be downloading Pikmin 3 since I already have the others.

dionysus

Yaldog
Hep b is highly contagious and over 1000000 people in the us have. They vaccinate kids against because it is fatal if a kid gets it.

It is only transferred through the transfer of fluids with someone who has it. IE Primarily a sexually transmitted disease.

From WebMD:
Having unprotected sex with an infected partner
Sharing needles, syringes, or other drug paraphernalia
Using something that may contain an infected person's blood, such as a razor or toothbrush
Coming in direct contact with the blood of someone who has the disease
Being exposed to blood from needle sticks or other sharp instruments

What is the chance that a infant less than 2 weeks old is going to get Hep B, remember it is a normal part of pregancy care to have the mother tested fro Hep B. Don't ignore the small but real chance of a vaccination complication.

Risk & consequence of the child getting the virus > risk and consequence of reaction to the vaccine. Get the vaccine. Measles, whooping cough, etc. easily fall into this category.

Risk & consequence of the child getting the virus < risk and consequence of reaction to the vaccine. Polio and Hep B are the 2 ones that in my mind are clearly not worth getting. I wouldn't get Polio ever. Hep B you can wait till a reasonable age, no need to give to an infant.

Spinluck

MK8 is worth the $60 easily as long as you want one of the free games that comes with it.

I'll be downloading Pikmin 3 since I already have the others.

Oh shit, I forgot about that promotion...

I just need a HDD for Wii U, I use my 2TB one for other means and don't want to reformat it.

Is the promotion only over E-Shop?

MRSA

Banned
Anti-vaccination people are dumb as fuck. A friend of mine and his wife aren't vaccinating their child. I'm like, how you gonna send that kid to public school? I'm pretty sure they require you to be vaccinated to attend public school nowadays don't they?

We had a kid come in with whooping cough the other night, its a terrible thing and I hate children. Felt bad for the kid because the kid's stupidass parents didn't want to get the kid vaccinated, now mommy and daddy won't stop crying.

It is only transferred through the transfer of fluids with someone who has it. IE Primarily a sexually transmitted disease.

From WebMD:
Having unprotected sex with an infected partner
Sharing needles, syringes, or other drug paraphernalia
Using something that may contain an infected person's blood, such as a razor or toothbrush
Coming in direct contact with the blood of someone who has the disease
Being exposed to blood from needle sticks or other sharp instruments

What is the chance that a infant less than 2 weeks old is going to get Hep B, remember it is a normal part of pregancy care to have the mother tested fro Hep B. Don't ignore the small but real chance of a vaccination complication.

Risk & consequence of the child getting the virus > risk and consequence of reaction to the vaccine. Get the vaccine. Measles, whooping cough, etc. easily fall into this category.

Risk & consequence of the child getting the virus < risk and consequence of reaction to the vaccine. Polio and Hep B are the 2 ones that in my mind are clearly not worth getting. I wouldn't get Polio ever. Hep B you can wait till a reasonable age, no need to give to an infant.

What risks & consequences are there from the hep b vaccine?

This is what the CDC says about it:
Why should my child get the hepatitis B vaccine?

Getting your child the hepatitis B vaccine protects him against serious disease.

Of the more than 1 million people in the United States living with life-long hepatitis B, most got the virus as a child. When infants and young children are infected with hepatitis B, they have a 90% chance of developing a life-long, chronic infection. One out of 4 of these children will have serious liver disease as an adult, including cancer.

Children and adults with life-long hepatitis B can pass on the virus to other people.
What can I do to protect my child from hepatitis B? Vaccinate your child on time. Talk with your child’s doctor if you have questions. Keep a record of your child’s vaccinations to make sure your child is up-to-date.If my child does not get the hepatitis B vaccine, will he get the disease?

Children who do not get the vaccine for hepatitis B are at risk for infection. More than 1 million people in the U.S. have life-long hepatitis B. Most don’t know it. Therefore, an unvaccinated child may be at risk of getting the disease from someone who has the virus and doesn’t even know it.
Is the hepatitis B vaccine safe?

The hepatitis B vaccine is very safe, and it is effective at preventing hepatitis B. Vaccines, like any medicine, can have side effects. But no serious side effects are known to be caused by the hepatitis B vaccine.

Most people who get the hepatitis B vaccine will have no side effects at all. Those that do occur are very mild, such as a low fever (less than 101 degrees) or a sore arm from the shot.

And this is from baby center.com:
Hepatitis B is highly infectious. An estimated 800,000 to 1.4 million people in the United States have the virus, and most of them acquired it in childhood.

Many never feel sick and don't know they have the disease, but those who become infected as children are more likely to have long-term health problems such as cirrhosis and liver cancer. Nearly 1,800 Americans died from hepatitis B-related illnesses in 2010.

The hepatitis B vaccine was introduced in 1981 and became part of the recommended immunization schedule in the United States in 1991. Since then, the incidence of acute hepatitis B has dropped by more than 95 percent in children and adolescents, and by more than 75 percent overall. The number of new infections per year has declined from an average of 260,000 in the 1980s to an estimated 18,800 in 2011. The biggest decline was among children and adolescents.

We were given the choice at the hospital and did have our daughter get the hep b vaccine.

jmdajr

Anti-vaccination people are dumb as fuck. A friend of mine and his wife aren't vaccinating their child. I'm like, how you gonna send that kid to public school? I'm pretty sure they require you to be vaccinated to attend public school nowadays don't they?

We had a kid come in with whooping cough the other night, its a terrible thing and I hate children. Felt bad for the kid because the kid's stupidass parents didn't want to get the kid vaccinated, now mommy and daddy won't stop crying.

Yes.

Wonderful future of non-vaccinated home schooled kids on the horizon.

Yes.

Wonderful future of non-vaccinated home schooled kids on the horizon.

Actually 48 states will allow you to get a vaccine exemption if you have a religious belief that is against vaccines. Some states have even started doing exemptions for parents that just dont believe in vaccines even if it is not religious in nature.

jmdajr

Actually 48 states will allow you to get a vaccine exemption if you have a religious belief that is against vaccines. Some states have even started doing exemptions for parents that just dont believe in vaccines even if it is not religious in nature.

Horrifying.

JABEE

I'm sticking with Vaccines

Top Bottom