• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

jmdajr

You were probably using your cell phone too close to your nards you dummy, didnt ya know that your iphone can give you cancer!!

Lol. Too be honest I thought about my cell phone in my pocket, or holding my wireless controller too close to my balls or something/

Reality is my DNA is probbaly just junk. No diet or exercise could have prevented it. At least I was smart enough to do something about it before things got out of control.

jmdajr

gofigure-cause-of-death-12-06-27.jpeg

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
There needs to be a few more "Benghazi" and "common core" mentions in here.

The heck is common core?

There's just a fundamental misunderstanding of how immunizations work. It gives your god damn immune system a god damn marker so it can god damn get moving quickly when it recognizes the virus immediately.

It doesn't fuck with anything else in your body.

Not getting vaccines for yourself or your children doesn't just affect you. It affects everyone around you in aggregate and has led to an almost extinct disease making a bounceback in a first world country. Good job, dumb dumbs.

Between this and overprescribing antibiotics, it's going to be fun living in a world where proper sanitation is going to be the first and only line of defense.

jmdajr

And the steady rise of cancer ironically has more to do with the fact that we're living longer than ever.

Yup. Absolutely. Well besides those who smoke, which looks to be no.3 on the list.

As for heart disease it's amazing how we have the best treatments ever, and yet probbaly the worst diets ever.

Hopefully over time people will wise up just like with cigarettes.

But you realize the absurdity of wondering as to the safeness of the vaccines, when you and people who are stringently against them are alive and walking because they had the shots, right? Just take a look at the mortality rates of things like influenza and polio before vaccines were invented for them. Shit was astronomical.

It's like somebody who got a blood transfusion to save their lives is suddenly against sharing blood because a Playboy bunny told them it was bad.

I just can't fathom this depth of crazy.

I do realize that. I didn't say I was straight up against them. I don't generally share my opinion on this matter to anybody that would take it for anything than just what it is, an opinion. I don't know how I got lumped into people stringently against them, but I also said, i'd do my research about them, if I were placed in a position to be responsible for others. I'm not more qualified than a Doctor, and never claimed to be.

Crisco

Banned
And the steady rise of cancer ironically has more to do with the fact that we're living longer than ever.

I wonder how many people pre-1950 used to die of cancer without anyone knowing what actually killed them. I mean, I know a guy who died in a matter of days after onset of symptoms from previously undiagnosed esophageal cancer

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Pennsylvania is mad hilly.

How are you Steelers fans so fat?

At least us Sconnies have flatland and delicious cheeses as an excuse.

Woah now.

Wisconsin and "flatland" doesn't go together. That's a term of derision in Wisconsin for those flat landers in Illinois. Wisconsin has "rolling hills" and one huge forest that covers the north half of the state.

bionic77

Pennsylvania is mad hilly.

How are you Steelers fans so fat?

At least us Sconnies have flatland and delicious cheeses as an excuse.
A lot of hicks and hillbillies in the middle of the state. Some of those people are almost dumb enough to be Floridians.

I can say in Philly it may be because of the great food. For a small city Philly can hold its own when it comes to food with most larger cities.

Otherwise probably the cold. When you can cover your body 80% of the year it is easy to hide behind that bag of doritos and ignore your giant belly. People who live near beaches don't want to go there looking like Jabba so that probably keeps them more disciplined.

I'm with you on all of this, especially the part about Japanese games.
That is because you are a smart guy.

We both also wish that there was a vaccine for Jets and Pats fans...

But doctors and scientists are too busy trying to cure baldness and strengthen our boners instead of working on the real problems. :(

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'm going to post pics later but I defiantly tore something in my left ankle.

I'm still at the doctors and I just got a very awkward anti inflammatory shot in the ass by a male X-ray tech. I thought I was going to get a shot in the arm and when he walked in he had a smile and was like your getting a shot in the ass.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I wonder how many people pre-1950 used to die of cancer without anyone knowing what actually killed them. I mean, I know a guy who died in a matter of days after onset of symptoms from previously undiagnosed esophageal cancer

They seemed to know after the fact in many cases starting in the 1700/1800s I think when they quit using "humors" or whatever as an explanation for everything. Or at the least, historians were able to go back and read doctors records and figure out that's what it was....

Basically you have to imagine that people were dying left and right from unknown illnesses all the time whether it was cancer, a plague, or whatever.

A lot of hicks and hillbillies in the middle of the state. Some of those people are almost dumb enough to be Floridians.

I can say in Philly it may be because of the great food. For a small city Philly can hold its own when it comes to food with most larger cities.

Otherwise probably the cold. When you can cover your body 80% of the year it is easy to hide behind that bag of doritos and ignore your giant belly. People who live near beaches don't want to go there looking like Jabba so that probably keeps them more disciplined.

But doctors and scientists are too busy trying to cure baldness and strengthen our boners instead of working on the real problems. :(

You do realize that Philadelphia is the 5th largest city in America?

Konka

Banned

Philly is a small city now? Surely you mean Pittsburgh.

cdyhybrid

I'm still at the doctors and I just got a very awkward anti inflammatory shot in the ass by a male X-ray tech. I thought I was going to get a shot in the arm and when he walked in he had a smile and was like your getting a shot in the ass.

Did Stafford sit on your ankle?

bionic77

They seemed to know after the fact in many cases starting in the 1700/1800s I think when they quit using "humors" or whatever as an explanation for everything. Or at the least, historians were able to go back and read doctors records and figure out that's what it was....

Basically you have to imagine that people were dying left and right from unknown illnesses all the time whether it was cancer, a plague, or whatever.
I think it is a lot more recent than that. I don't think they were diagnosing cancer as the cause of the death in the 50s and 60s. I mean I think the MRI only started getting popular in the 80s.

Remember they just used to say you died of natural causes?

I hate people who don't vaccines for their kids without having a really good reason though. And Jenny McCarthy is not a good reason unless you got to nail every hole in her body in exchange for taking a chance for your kids life. And even then it is not right but that counts as a reason.

It's weird, you would think a guy like Fox would know uninspired when he sees it given the teams the Jets have fielded for the past however longer their existence is. I guess at some point you are just so used to seeing it you don't know how to respond when something inspired shows up.

But yeah, looking at the release schedules for PS4/XBO is kind of depressing to me as a big fan of Japanese games. I guess it doesn't help that all of the big companies like Konami, Square Enix, and Capcom have completely lost their minds. This is why I love Nintendo, at least they are still trying to make quality games.

The Pats suck and the Jets suck. That much all of us with a sane bone in our bodies can agree on at least.

Konka

Banned
Has to be 6th or less. New York, Chicago, LA, Houston, Dallas are the top 5 I'm pretty sure.

Still it's in the top 10!

2012 rank City State[5] 2012 estimate 2010 Census Change 2012 land area 2012 population density ANSI Location
1 New York[6] New York 8,336,697 8,175,133 +1.98% 302.643 sq mi
783.842 km2 27,012 per sq mi
10,430 km-2 02395220 40.6643°N 73.9385°W
2 Los Angeles California 3,857,799 3,792,621 +1.72% 468.670 sq mi
1,213.850 km2 8,092 per sq mi
3,124 km-2 02410877 34.0194°N 118.4108°W
3 Chicago Illinois 2,714,856 2,695,598 +0.71% 227.635 sq mi
589.571 km2 11,842 per sq mi
4,572 km-2 00428803 41.8376°N 87.6818°W
4 Houston[7] Texas 2,160,821 2,100,263 +2.88% 599.589 sq mi
1,552.929 km2 3,501 per sq mi
1,352 km-2 02410796 29.7805°N 95.3863°W
5 Philadelphia[8] Pennsylvania 1,547,607 1,526,006 +1.42% 134.101 sq mi
347.321 km2 11,379 per sq mi
4,394 km-2 01215531 40.0094°N 75.1333°W

And fuck those Texas and western "cities" Sure you'll be near the top if you count the "city" as 600 square miles.

rando14

Hope you feel better!!

But lol why in the seven hells did you get a shot in the ass man, last I checked our ass is pretty far away from your ankle!! Maybe your X-ray technician just wanted to take a peek at your derrier!!

Talon

Yeah, bionic's right. It's not even that far back. Think 50s and 60s. Don't forget that people were literally using x-rays for shoe fittings in the 20s.
shoe.ray_.jpg

People have always been fucking stupid.

If you're interested in reading medical history, the Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks is a good read.

But you realize the absurdity of wondering as to the safeness of the vaccines, when you and people who are stringently against them are alive and walking because they had the shots, right? Just take a look at the mortality rates of things like influenza and polio before vaccines were invented for them. Shit was astronomical.

It's like somebody who got a blood transfusion to save their lives is suddenly against sharing blood because a Playboy bunny told them it was bad.

I just can't fathom this depth of crazy.
Considering the last 5 (more like 10-15) years of stupid in this country - nothing surprises me anymore.

bionic77

It's weird, you would think a guy like Fox would know uninspired when he sees it given the teams the Jets have fielded for the past however longer their existence is. I guess at some point you are just so used to seeing it you don't know how to respond when something inspired shows up.

But yeah, looking at the release schedules for PS4/XBO is kind of depressing to me as a big fan of Japanese games. I guess it doesn't help that all of the big companies like Konami, Square Enix, and Capcom have completely lost their minds. This is why I love Nintendo, at least they are still trying to make quality games.

The Pats suck and the Jets suck. That much all of us with a sane bone in our bodies can agree on at least.
The death of Japanese companies really bums me out.

They were at least supporting the DS last gen but even that support has dried up this gen on the 3DS.

I am not sure how much of their death was due to incompetence or because people just don't want those kind of games anymore and just want shooters, GTA clones, sports sims, and sky rim and indies cover the rest of the bases.

Oh well, at least we still have Nintendo (for now).

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Oh for pete's sake, Dallas and Fort Worth aren't really two separate cities. Anyone who has ever been to the Metroplex will tell you that. There are huge suburbs between the two that can't figure out for which city they're a suburb.

Bread

Banned
what the fuck is going on in this thread

are you guys arguing with someone or just really passionate towards educating gata

what the fuck is going on in this thread

are you guys arguing with someone or just really passionate towards educating gata

It is my dream to one day educate gata. Now I know his family members, and teachers have all said that this is an impossible dream, but I wont give up.

Konka

Banned
Oh for pete's sake, Dallas and Fort Worth aren't really two separate cities. Anyone who has ever been to the Metroplex will tell you that. There are huge suburbs between the two that can't figure out for which city they're a suburb.

Southern cities are in a perpetual state of annexing surrounding communities and that is why their population really keeps ballooning. Pittsburgh for example hasn't expanded it's boundaries since the early 1900s and its like 34 sq miles which is actually the city. It would be much farther up the rank if it expanded to say 500+ square mles like phoenix and houston. Sure New York could inhale Jersey City and Hoboken but it stopped expanding its borders a century ago too.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Southern cities are in a perpetual state of annexing surrounding communities and that is why their population really keeps ballooning. Pittsburgh for example hasn't expanded it's boundaries since the early 1900s and its like 34 sq miles which is actually the city. It would be much farther up the rank if it expanded to say 500+ square mles like phoenix and houston. Sure New York could inhale Jersey City and Hoboken but it stopped expanding its borders a century ago too.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Metropolitan_Statistical_Areas

Going by that list it's still the same top 5 that I quoted. Honestly metropolitan area is a more accurate description when asking questions like "how many people are going to be in my way on my commute home every evening?" and "what fun things are there to do?". The fact is that the population in Texas is exploding from the crazy job growth here. I know Pennsylvania is seeing a boost from fracking but Texas has got that plus most of the energy industry and huge technology companies. It's just looney tunes here.

Just ask Mech what it was like in Houston even 5-10 years ago.

when I get to be a billionaire I will buy you and do experiments with vaccines on you

Gata you do realize that a billion Florida dollars is worth about $7.50 in the States. You ain't buying a person. You might be able to buy a quarter pounder with cheese at McD's.

Don't get that Lunchbox syndrome. Ol walk around the trailer park with twenty dollars thinking he made it ass ninja

Top Bottom